Not to read on certain days?

SashaCY

So yesterday a friend asked me if it was so to read the tarot the next day (today) to his wife, because it was Sunday and her birthday, so he wanted to be if it was OK to do so.
The question surprised me because I couldn't think of any reason why it would not be fine to read did any time, any day.
Then he said (and was quite showed I didn't know) there are some days where it is wrong to read it, like the day of Saint John... And some hours, for example, past 9 pm.

Truth is I am zero superstitious and I find that to be a superstitious. But wanted to ask if any of you have heard or such "impediments" or unwritten rules and what you think about that.

For me, I know some shamans recommend not meditating after certain time in the night, some others don't give a rat's petunia and use the time that is more comfortable for the person. I assume something similar happens with the tarot.

I know there are teachers that have too many beliefs around it, like closing and opening portals and cleansing when reading.
I am more about keeping it simple. But would love to know your superstitions about your readings, if you have any

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI G7-L03 mediante Tapatalk

gregory

Quite honestly - your (and his) superstitions are your own. I have a few of my own, but I would NOT inflict them on anyone else.

I think your rat's petunia has it right :D

SashaCY

Maybe I should have posted this in another thread. I always get confused. Please if this should go somewhere else move it freely. And sorry in advance

gregory

It PROBABLY should be in talking tarot. I expect it will end up there in a little while.

Tigerangel

I don't have any superstitions about when to read tarot, I'll just do it whenever I feel the calling to, so far I haven't been struck down by lighting yet.

But I do remember my nana would never let's us play cards on a Sunday, which I think was related to it being a holy day.

decan

Personally I think there could be times more appropriated than other with regard to divination.
But this could depend on fortune-tellers or psychics, it's probably more or less like good or bad singers; even if it's raining the good singer will be good, and even if the sun shines, the bad singer will be bad :D

SashaCY

Love your replies. Thank you. Yes. I read it at anytime any day because for me it is like a friend I enjoy talking to. Sometimes I just enjoy shuffling them even when I am not going to read them. Just to feel their energy

seedcake

I thought about it few months ago. In Polish boards I found people who were not reading when was Sunday. The reason was from the Bible - who invented it? I have no idea. Since I'm not a Christian I thought "so I shouldn't read when is Friday". Well, I'm still reading on Fridays and when are all possible religious feasts in which I take part, or at least they are in my believe system.

SashaCY

Absolutely. I thought about Christianity too, since they consider Sunday holy. But I am not Christian either.