Online readings: how could you possibly believe in them?

epvitale

Andyouwillknowus said:
2. Metaphysical Aspect
But besides this mechanism I cannot help but want to believe Tarot works on a whole other level too. In a metaphysical way through connecting one's inner self with the collective unconscious and its archetypes, and through (cosmic) energies at work leading you to draw the right cards. Spirit Guides, the universe or any way you call it fall under this category. There's no proof, this of course will always be based on belief, feelings and maybe some astonishing results.

am extremely interested in opinions about this, definitely in getting some reasoning behind it from those who find themselves giving onlinreadings credit

You are correct in the Metaphysical aspect of Tarot. The energies of the connected collective conscious and your experiences are at work to lead you to choose the "right" card.

But let me ask you a question, "Why does energies have to define just organic creatures?" The entire universe is made up of the same "stuff." I'll call this stuff energy. What causes this "stuff" to be a tree or a fish or a rock is the level of harmonics it's vibrating at.

When you want an answer to a question you send your thoughts (energy) out to the universe (aka the collective conscious) and you will always receive an answer. Just like the respondent who said they frequently get answers through song lyrics, those answers often come from unlikely sources and not where we would like them to come from.

So yes, online readings do work for some. You need only to be open to the possibilities.

gregory

Another bump for an old thread. IS it necessarily better in some way to read face to face ? Do you get more vibes and the rest - or do others feel (as I do) quite comfortable doing it here, on line, by email, whatever ?

(There was some confusion when this thread started - what I mean in THIS post is readings done on line in places like AT - NOT computer generated ones via mad websites... yes I know there are some good ones, but still; I ask for myself, as you might say, and I refer to what WE as readers prefer to do.)

214red

gregory said:
Another bump for an old thread. IS it necessarily better in some way to read face to face ? Do you get more vibes and the rest - or do others feel (as I do) quite comfortable doing it here, on line, by email, whatever ?

(There was some confusion when this thread started - what I mean in THIS post is readings done on line in places like AT - NOT computer generated ones via mad websites... yes I know there are some good ones, but still; I ask for myself, as you might say, and I refer to what WE as readers prefer to do.)
no i dont think you need to read for someone face to face, in the same way you dont need to heal someone face to face. You only need a way to lock your radar onto them, and then bingo

firefrost

I'm not actively reading just now but in the past, both here and elsewhere I've both given and received brilliantly accurate readings. Admittedly, there have been the not so good ones as well, but the good ones far outweigh the bad so no, face to face isn't necessarily better.

In fact for me, it would be much worse. I get very tongue-tied and that makes me babble, so although I'd know what I want to say, I'd be sat there like blithering idiot.

gregory

Yes - that too. My big issue is that readings sometimes take me HOURS while I veg over stuff. I could never take it up as a profession :D I'd drive my sitters nuts. I'd have to offer accommodation...

SunChariot

Readings always take me hours to do, hours per card, which us a good part of why I don't read in person too. Also I like to take breaks as needed if the flow slows down. You can't just getvup and take a half an hour break with someone there.

Babs

gregory

Do you think they are less accurate for not being in person ?

EarthFaery

Ok so were NOT talking about computer generated? lol
I like both but my readings are better detailed when I write them out, I think I have automatic writing or something. It's like this flow takes over and the details just spill. I don't know how to explain it, but I see and feel things better when I'm writing it.
Sometimes face to face readings get uncomfortable when I feel like I'm under a microscope, you know, when the sitter is glaring at you waiting impatiently for you to start talking? I hate it when they stare me down! I'll bring out the pen and paper to get the juice going. I don't write out the reading but just jotting down a few little things helps me go. I don't care how it looks :laugh: I just want to get it over with

214red

i prefer face to face readings, its easy to see when you have hit the nail on the head, or someone has just 'got' what you have been saying.

I also dont tell the person cards or meanings in my readings, unless they read tarot they arent interested and it wastes time they could be getting messages/information. When typing a reading, people often feel compelled to write details of the spread, the cards...in short, how they came to that conclusion....face to face you dont have to bother.

FionaT

I find I get completely different energies surrounding email readings, phone readings and face to face. I really enjoy them all, particularly phone readings which I just LOVE! Email readings take longer though as there is all that typing, but I find even the typing helps me develop the reading as I go.

My husband (bit of a curious sceptic) did ask me the other day "How does it work when they are halfway across the world?" and I guess that does seem a bit strange, but I just trust that it does work and that the cards are always right. I focus on the name and the question, ask for guidance and then wait and see what happens.

I have also done some distance healing and can vouch for that too. I suppose we are all tapping into universal energy, although I don't think it helps to analyse it too much!.