Online readings: how could you possibly believe in them?

Libra8ca

I've found online readings to be just as accurate as face-to-face readings; often more accurate.

I'm not sure why this is so but maybe with online readings you have more reader selection whereas with face to face readings you have to select from what is available locally.
I've had a lot of accurate readings from a reader in Scotland. I would never be able to get a face to face reading from her as I cannot travel all the way to Scotland just for a reading.

I personally don't like phone readings as I've found too many fill the time with small talk or go off topic, but maybe that's just my experience and I'm just not that comfortable on the phone.

nisaba

Andyouwillknowus said:
Recently I read how it seems that many on these boards give value to online readings being (almost) as accurate as reallife readings.
If you believe Tarot works, then I ask you how can you give value to the 'results/predictions' of something that is nothing more than a random computer generated algorythm? Doesnt it undermine your own beliefsystem and the whole essence of Tarot.
No.

"Random computer generated algorythms" are essentially random number generators.

Having 78 pieces of cardboard with different images on them which gets shuffled is essentially a random number generator.

There is research being done in various physics labs around the world right at this moment, which is starting to show that random number generators *do* produce meaningful results.

Scientists are very excited at this "new" scientific knowledge. Tarot readers have known it for generations.

Nevada

gregory said:
Yes - that too. My big issue is that readings sometimes take me HOURS while I veg over stuff. I could never take it up as a profession :D I'd drive my sitters nuts. I'd have to offer accommodation...
Mine take forever as well, which is why though I tried doing some for pay (donations for starters), I have found that it just isn't for me. It's time-consuming for the amount anyone would want to pay, and if I'm to spend that much time and energy, then I'd want a sizable income from it - because I'd be giving up a lot of other activities. So - sigh - I now only read for myself.

There are not that many people who can appreciate a long reading like that.

Do I think they're as accurate as face to face? Every bit so! Perhaps more so.

After all, at least for me, I find that I cannot access those deeper helpful thoughts or intuitions about the cards if someone is sitting watching, waiting, giving me (often distracting) feedback. I'd rather they be willing to offer a little feedback after the reading as to whether it was helpful (which is hard to come by except in the exchanges here), so I know I was on track and gave them something worth having.

Even when I read for myself, I can take half a day with a reading. Obviously I don't do this every day or I'd have no time for much else. I find that pondering a card, even while I do other things like housework, is useful and enlightening. Sometimes I leave the layout somewhat intact - keep those cards on the top of the deck so I can lay them out and have another look - for days. Which is why it's a good thing I have a tiny collection, in case anyone else wants a reading or I even want another reading in the meantime.

I get so much out of these readings for my self that I have a hard time putting their value into words. The way some people think they must attend church, I feel I must have these in-depth readings. They keep me in touch with my soul, my deepest Self.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, gregory! :)