Oracle deck from Ciro!!!

cirom

Amanda_04 said:
Gosh, I'm sorry. :rolleyes: :)

No need to apologies, on the contrary its this kind of analysis, no matter what conclusions YOU personally reach, that is my entire purpose behind these images. Ideally what this or any other card means will also vary depending on the circumstances of any particular reading. i.e. what the question was, who is asking it, in what context and what other cards were part of the spread.
That is also why I probably won't be adding keywords or titles to the cards, only listing them in the companion book.

Thank you.....
BTW there are several other cards shown on my web site.

Aerin

The card reminds me of someone using a rosary. Not sure why.

Amanda

cirom said:
That is also why I probably won't be adding keywords or titles to the cards, only listing them in the companion book.

Personally, I'm very glad about that. I've been trying to do intuitive picture reads from angel cards- (and actually have just done so again for the first time in about two years because the variety and "randomness" in the art is lacking and I had to put them away).

Thank you.....
BTW there are several other cards shown on my web site.

I haven't been to your site in a while, but I'm glad you are putting the cards up there for this deck; whether people like the style -the surface appearance- or not, there is an underlying quality to this deck that is timeless- it's objective and past/present/future come together into one essence that is essentially "Now". It'll stick- it drew me in, and I was pleasantly lost looking at these cards.

I'm particularly drawn to the card where the woman is standing in front of an iron fence, mask on, eyes closed, open box with birds and cards on the ground from your other decks. Could I possibly pester you for a tid-bit of information on that card...? Or will I have to wait to buy? :)

Amanda

cirom said:
ask away.....

I get so much from that particular card, what is the "essence" - or, you know, what are you calling it? It feels very surreal to me, like it could be representing a lot or nothing all at once, and I'm just curious where your head is with that one; I really like it a lot.

cirom

If you visit my web site and read the background information to this project, you'll note that it represents a goodbye to tarot. While I guess I could have churned out another deck, I wasn't interested in doing so.
I didn't feel I could do a good enough job. I found I had personally taken it as a far as I could. As discussed on other threads, the tarot community can be demanding and picky (which they are entitled to be) but I increasingly found that to be limiting. Any and every variation judged and compared to pre concepts of what Tarot is or should be.

An oracle is a kind of kop out I suppose. I'm free of tradition, format and structure. Here is a set of very personal images, produced in my style and my ideas. This will presumably translate into a smaller audience, but a far more satisfying process. The title of this image is "Release" the three Fools of my previous decks are symbolically discarded on the floor.

However that is very personal take of course, hopefully everyone will have their equivalent of release or freedom from something in their past that this card might represent.

Amanda

cirom said:
If you visit my web site and read the background information to this project, you'll note that it represents a goodbye to tarot. While I guess I could have churned out another deck, I wasn't interested in doing so.
I didn't feel I could do a good enough job. I found I had personally taken it as a far as I could. As discussed on other threads, the tarot community can be demanding and picky (which they are entitled to be) but I increasingly found that to be limiting. Any and every variation judged and compared to pre concepts of what Tarot is or should be.

I agree with you. The Gilded tarot feels like you were getting your feet wet; a little bit of you, a little bit of tradition. The Legacy, I can truly feel your heart poured into... it's a masterpiece. The Tarot of Dreams, I can't personally comment on because I could never get my hands on it, but having seen a few of it's images here and there, I could feel a smidgeon of a sign off- "going out" with a little bit of a bang, I suppose.

An oracle is a kind of kop out I suppose. I'm free of tradition, format and structure. Here is a set of very personal images, produced in my style and my ideas. This will presumably translate into a smaller audience, but a far more satisfying process. The title of this image is "Release" the three Fools of my previous decks are symbolically discarded on the floor.

However that is very personal take of course, hopefully everyone will have their equivalent of release or freedom from something in their past that this card might represent.

Less is more, I think. And "release" is pretty surreal- it can be everything and nothing all at once... I can see more clearly now, why I'm so drawn to this card. I may have to get one to hang up. :)

Thank you for taking some time to answer my questions. I look forward to seeing what else you come up with- so far I'm liking the feel of these images, and I hope I can get a copy when it comes out.

Aurora369

I am looking forward to the deck being published and getting a copy when that happens. Anyone can see how much work you have put into the images of the cards you have worked up so far.

SecondWind

I've been mostly lurking here lately, but just have to gush a bit over the works-in-progress images that have been posted so far.

The circus theme isn't my favorite (although I LOVE Cirque du Soleil - go figure), but even those are nice here, but so far my favorites have been the lady with the sewing machine (making dreams into reality, perhaps, or maybe it's the other way around and she's creating something wonderful from the mundane) and, even better, the lady in the blue gown with the bustle, walking along the shore beneath the suspended windows. THAT was the one that made me gasp and realize I've got to get this deck... although it wasn't like I hadn't already decided so. ;) That one has the same effect on me the Ace of Cups from Legacy did -- I could just fall into it.

EDIT: I just went to your site, Ciro, and saw the additional images and there's another WOW one for me, #27 -- the blindfolded figure holding the symbols of organized religions with the image of evolution along the bottom. If that one's ever available as a larger print, on stock for framing or as wallpaper, I'm IN.

Glitterbird

This is very beautiful, I'll be in line when it becomes available!!