Oracle deck from Ciro!!!

MareSaturni

cirom said:
Many cards in this project will have jesters, masked figures and performers of different kinds, and I'll provide a rational for that in the companion book. However I'm posting this work in progress image to clarify that not all the cards will have that theme.

Of course, i didn't expect the entire deck to have this theme. But i like how you use it in your decks. It's a part of your style, i think.

Awesome new card, by the way. She's so beautiful and strong, that woman! :)

BodhiSeed

I like the new card too! It's like she's creating her own beautiful reality...
The strings on her fingers remind of the game we used to play when we were kids - was it called cat's cradle?

Ashtaroot

Im in too

that last card -she reminds me of the magician in a way of pulling it all together and creating etc... Love it

Queen of Disks

Ciro, this could be your best deck ever-because you can do ANYTHING here. I can't wait to see what you do next!! :D :party:

Golden Moon

Ciro!!!, Do you know how many cards this new oracle deck will have? I hope 52 or more :D.

I can't wait to buy it.

P.S. IS there a future relase date for this oracle?

Many thanks for sharing with us.

cirom

Yes, I'm envisaging 52 cards.
4 categories of 12, plus 4 additional, what I'm calling "interaction" cards.

Progress is going quite well, as I've been playing with many of these ideas and images for some time now. But in terms of a release date, I'm not sure. If a major publisher is interested, thats obviously good in terms of reaching a wider audience, and keeping the costs down through volume, but its also frustrating in terms of time. Assuming I could finish this by the end of the year, its likely that a publisher would require another year or two beyond that.
I which case I would also produce some kind of special edition beforehand as was the case with the Legacy project. If no major publisher bites, then I would self publish as I did with the standard edition of the Tarot of Dreams. But that could be problematic. I doubt that the awareness, demand and interest for this deck would match that of the ToD, so it would be risky to produce it in any quantity. We'll see. Later on I'll start a mailing list of some kind to get a better measure of the situation.

Meanwhile, here is another card.

Attachments

• oracle-card-b.jpg
    oracle-card-b.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 255

BodhiSeed

Hmm... This fellow looks VERY physically "balanced"})! Interesting that what he has in his hands (I think they look like bird masks) also looks a bit like the halves of the yin-yang. And the Libra symbol in the background reminds me of fairness and balance. His body, up on one toe with arms outstretched, even reminds me of a scale such as Justice holds. Another nice one Ciro!

cirom

bodhran said:
Hmm... This fellow looks VERY physically "balanced"})! Interesting that what he has in his hands (I think they look like bird masks) also looks a bit like the halves of the yin-yang.

Thats exactly what they are and what their shape is intended to reflect :thumbsup:

As for the pose...I can't tell you how uncomfortable it was for me to stand modeling like that in front of the mirror for so long })

BodhiSeed

cirom said:
As for the pose...I can't tell you how uncomfortable it was for me to stand modeling like that in front of the mirror for so long })

But I'm sure your lovely wife enjoyed it immensely!:D

dvorah ophir

no deal for me

i am sorry cirom but i fear having looked at the cards that you posted that i find my self less and less liking it. it is a matter of taste first but i do have to confess that the first ones were realy good and i was sure i would buy the oracle and then came the last ones and they were just like the tarot and them i dont like.
i have to say that computer animation can be too cold and hard. the first two or three were softer more fantasy like.then you returned to being too meaty, and violent -not with blood but the carecters are not warm or comforting.
i think what i want from oracle cards that have people in them is to find compasion for me when i come for advice.
your carecters look more like demons from some nightmare then angels that would protect me.
i thoght that i could count on someone with experiance like you to make the leap but you have enough of fans that would jump at them so no worry there.
hope not many get too angry with me.
still is good to know that i can give my fidback-the internet does make our world small and intimate where an artist as big as you may read something that little old me writes on the other side of the world. i do apreciate you coming to the forum to receive our fidback-that is a show of humility and a disire to learn.