Orion and the Penis Nebula

prudence

gregory said:
Myths are full of all that. And if you think those things are upsetting, try - Leda and the Swan, for instance..... :eek:
yeah, and isn't the bible pretty well sprinkled with this type of behavior? :confused:
I think this is a very interesting topic and I am grateful for all of the valuable information shared by those posting in it.....

and yes, I do believe swallow may be on quite a few minds at this point, sweet_intuition. :D

Fulgour

beyond re-anything

gregory said:
Yes, this thread started out as a bit of fun - but Kwaw is taking it seriously, and more power to him. His scholarship is beyond reproach. He is always well worth listening to.
Sunshine & Lollipops! That's what I love! :heart:

sweet_intuition

prudence said:
yeah, and isn't the bible pretty well sprinkled with this type of behavior? :confused: ............
and yes, I do believe swallow may be on quite a few minds at this point, sweet_intuition. :D

Speaking of the bible... you know, there's a gay love story in it?

Samuel 18:3-4 (TNIV):

"And Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as himself. Jonathan took off the robe he was wearing and gave it to David, along with his tunic, and even his sword, his bow and his belt."

And 2 Samuel 1:26 (TNIV):

"I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother;
you were very dear to me.
Your love for me was wonderful,
more wonderful than that of women.

Milfoil

gregory said:
Myths are full of all that. And if you think those things are upsetting, try - Leda and the Swan, for instance..... :eek:

Yes, this thread started out as a bit of fun - but Kwaw is taking it seriously, and more power to him. His scholarship is beyond reproach. He is always well worth listening to.

Yes, I also found Kwaw's information to be very interesting. Reminded me of the Egyptian creation myth.

gregory

Fulgour said:
Sunshine & Lollipops! That's what I love! :heart:
Hello, my little gobstopper..... ;)

I do think there has been a little overreaction, is all. What is it with this forum and sex ? :(

sweet_intuition

gregory said:
no-one seems comfortable discussing anything to do with it without getting their knickers in a twist. People who get upset don't have to read threads that upset them..... :(

Well said :)

Barbaras Ahajusts

Oh Orion!

ORION, ORION, with your Nebula so fair,
You bring us to our knees with words of dare!

You show proudly your gifts so fair and fine,
With all this sunshine, lollipops & gobstoppers,
I wish you were all mine!!

Hey, its a sweet tooth poem!

;)Barb

prudence

now I am all upset...

....the last ten or so posts have been utterly and desolately penisless

or is it penis-free?
edit~ meaning no one has said "penis" in like the last 10 posts! Not meaning that the members who have posted in the last 10 posts have no members. ;)

Barbara, that poem is lovely. :love: Took my breath away.

Sophie

I think poor Orion needs a break - killed by Artemis, who loved him, and apparently accused in the Vedas (rightly or wrongly) of raping his daughter, who vomited the world. Well, all I can say is - no wonder the world's in such a state, having started as incestuous vomit. Or should that be semen? :eek: (Eat your heart out Tarantino, you're never going to top the Vedas!)

Did anyone say Lot?

pssst! Prudence! Penis!

And yes, I do think it's one. A sword in that place? Wouldn't that condemn Orion strictly to the high notes? ;)

gregory

prudence said:
Not meaning that the members who have posted in the last 10 posts have no members. ;)
Well, I don't. But I think Fulgour does. })