Papus 10 of Coins?

Abrac

I think I may be getting closer to solving this riddle. I'm fairly confident the letters represent the French words Terre(Earth), Aire(Air) and Eau(Water). But there is still one mystery. I believe the remaining glyph is supposed to represent Leo or "Fire." If so, what could the O stand for? Any thoughts?

Through the magic of Photoshop I was able to rotate the image to show how it would look if the correspondences are lined up.

Abrac

The O could stand for "orient" but that might be grasping at straws. I did get some pretty interesting results though by playing with it from this angle. Orient could be used in its literal sense meaning "to rise" as in the midday sun or the heat therefrom. It could also be a clue that reveals the correct "orientation" from which to view the image. If you put O on top everything falls into place.

Lostatsea

Mistake

I think the E is a mistake. I don't think the artist knew anything about the symbols they were recreating and simply mistook the R for an E. A great many of Levi's angelic seals are totally wrong with moons replacing yods, etc. This is a case of eyeballing. Mary K Greer says the French version that came out in 1981 is different from the US games edition. Another case of sloppy, cheap work by USG....