Pictures of our reading space/table

Anam Cara

Le Fanu, thank you for sharing your reading space!
It is truly lovely and obviously meaningful for you...
and an inspiration for the rest of us!

I'm curious...do you find yourself adding/changing/moving
your cherished items around often, or does it stay pretty
much the same? (If it were mine, I'd want to be rearranging
it all the time; touching/holding each treasured item would bring
so much pleasure!)

Just BEAUTIFUL!!

:heart:Cara

Le Fanu

:D To be honest, things pretty much stay the same. If I start taking things out and moving things around, it becomes a nightmare. I have so many "things" and display cabinets, that the house is like a jigsaw and If I take something out of its place and relocate it, I end up standing in the middle of the room with objects that won´t fit anywhere!

Better to leave things where they are, displayed to their best advantage!

Essjay

Ok - so this is me. I've realised looking at this that it is more, "Picture of where my cat sleeps when I'm working," but nevermind!

Attachments

• reading space.jpg
    reading space.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 207

Le Fanu

:D :D :D How lucky your cat is, bed right next to the radiator! In my next life I want to come back as one of your cats!

Lovely calm space, Essjay. Just the essentials (I wish I could be that minimalist. Just can´t seem to do it...) And do I spot a RWS three-card spread? Six of Pentacles? I think that signifies "giving the best space in the house to the cat!"

Essjay

Thank you! Lol, our cat gets the best of everything - I'm only surprised that she wasn't in that bed when I took the photo. She normally spends 16 hours per day there.

I must admit that being minimalist really works for me - but I love really exclectic spaces with beautiful curios like yours. Good ole Ikea has enabled me to put a desk and a cupboard in our tiny third bedroom and make it an office/work/reading space.

(It was a RW 3 card spread - 3 pents, King and Queen of Cups - cards for yesterday)

Konata

everybody has a very nice and interesting reading space and table. i wish someday i can have my own tiny table to read tarot..... >,<

i read my tarot on my bed.......

w0ndrfulelectr1c

I am in the process of creating my little getaway in my bedroom on my desk that I don't use. I have spread cloths on the way from tarot totes. I just made a two hour drive on tues to one of the only metaphysical/new age shops in my area for some chakra candles, a box for one of my favorite decks, and some candle holders.

Aside from that stuff I've always kept these two green stone (fake jade? Not sure. Maybe just glass or something. Someone who knows rocks will have to help me someday) turtles nearby. They just seem to make me smile when I need it. I have photos from when I was very young with my brothers and mom. I also have my buddha who has a chip on top of his bag :( And then just billions of candles and some incense (Champka Flora is amazing. A tad girly. But very calming)

Aside from that I was curious about how many millions of dollars one of those gorgeous hourglasses cost. I've wanted one for the longest time.

I also want to get a big chunk of rose quartz with candle holes in it. Saw one at the shop I went to. Didn't ask how much.

BodhiSeed

w0ndrfulelectr1c said:
Aside from that I was curious about how many millions of dollars one of those gorgeous hourglasses cost. I've wanted one for the longest time.

I also want to get a big chunk of rose quartz with candle holes in it. Saw one at the shop I went to. Didn't ask how much.
I got a very nice hourglass from Ebay for about $25; they also sell stones "in the rough" there too, so you could probably pick up a chunk of rose quartz for about $10 to $15.

w0ndrfulelectr1c

I will have to check out ebay. Never looked there before. Usually go through Amazon. Thanks Bodhran!!

mysticmonkey

What lovely spaces you all have, thanks for sharing.
Le Fanu what a wonderfully eclectic collection of items. :)

Konata nothing wrong with reading on the bed, that's where I read most of the time or here at the computer but I'm not taking a picture as it's not so impressive amongst the bills, toddler toys, computer stuff and one solitary juggling ball which is on here for some reason. :?: