Reading Cloths for the Season upon Us

Disa

So this is my Russian gypsy reading cloth. A nice heavy gage cotton with great fringe work! lol! This is the one I have that made me think of Disa's one for her Buckland R deck.

Ugh - I took a very blurry pic! loL! Removed it and will post one again in a sec - ETA There! This pic is much better!

Cool! I actually had a cloth similar to this years ago only mine was pink and blue where yours is blue and green, but I didn't read cards then- I used it as a cover over one of my wooden chests at the time- I wonder where it is now? Hmmm...

Madame Squee

I've attached pics of a Halloween Reading Quilt I made on Sunday. The fabric pattern is called "Nevermore", and I used a fabric on the back that looks tea-dyed. The binding hasn't been applied yet -- I'm thinking of doing red.

Say, Greatdane, I'd be happy to try a burnt orange crushed velvet for you. I've never quilted a velvety fabric before, but I think it would be interesting to try.

(I'm not an experienced quilter, just a determined experimenter.:D)

Attachments

• Quilt Halloween on clothes line.jpg
    Quilt Halloween on clothes line.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Quilt Halloween Reading Side on clothes line.jpg
    Quilt Halloween Reading Side on clothes line.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 120

Disa

Madame Squee. I am not usually one for quilts, but I have to say- that's the coolest dang quilt I have EVER seen :)

Madame Squee

Cool! I actually had a cloth similar to this years ago only mine was pink and blue where yours is blue and green, but I didn't read cards then- I used it as a cover over one of my wooden chests at the time- I wonder where it is now? Hmmm...
I've had that piece of fabric for probably 7 or 8 years. Eventually, I'd like to use up everything in my stash, but I go giddy in the presence of the floor-to-ceiling shelves of quilting cloth at the fabric store and always wind up bringing home something new.

Padma

Madame Squee...oh, I LOVE your "Never more" Quilt! Awesome fabric! :) Nice talent you have there!

MoonGypsy

Madame Squee...oh, I LOVE your "Never more" Quilt! Awesome fabric! :) Nice talent you have there!

Oooh, i LOVE it too! i think i have the matching "NeverMore" kitchen towel! :D [Hubby bought it for me recently at Joann's Fabrics.] :)

greatdane

OH COOL MADAME SQUEE!

The idea of a dark burnt orange crushed velvet cloth for the cool "vintage" decks we're getting like Samhain Lenormand just sounds like perfection! Or is it just me that thinks this brown/rust bordered decks would so rock on burnt orange?

Madame Squee

Madame Squee. I am not usually one for quilts, but I have to say- that's the coolest dang quilt I have EVER seen :)
Thank you very much, Disa! I used half of a piece I bought last week to make it (unfinished size is about 20x22), which leaves me enough to make a 2nd one, same size. The pattern is called Nevermore, and it will be a little different on the second quilt, because of the way it repeats on the bolt.

Madame Squee

Oooh, i LOVE it too! i think i have the matching "NeverMore" kitchen towel! :D [Hubby bought it for me recently at Joann's Fabrics.] :)
I didn't find this in Joanne's, but that's one of my favorite places in the world!!! Lol. :D

Madame Squee

The idea of a dark burnt orange crushed velvet cloth for the cool "vintage" decks we're getting like Samhain Lenormand just sounds like perfection! Or is it just me that thinks this brown/rust bordered decks would so rock on burnt orange?

It would rock!!!! I love the idea of using lush autumnal velvet in a reading quilt. :love: