Survey: Tarot and Birth Order

Where in your family do you fit?

• first born

Votes: 85 49.1%
  • second born

Votes: 42 24.3%
  • third born

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • other (including different position in split family)

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • only child

Votes: 22 12.7%

• Total voters

GoddessArtemis

First borns tend to start and keep at what they start...ahem, like moi. :D I have a younger brother and his interests wax/wane and he has a hard time finishing things...typical of the youngest ones (in my experience, andno to offend the last born on here!). Of course, that's a generalization about birth order...but since a lot is expected of first borns...they tend to internalize the "you can do better, work harder" expectation parents put on them (yes, like me), and keep at something until they succeed. Also, first borns tend to break the mold and break away from traditions more (if family is anti-esoteric)...so again, makes sense more tarot readers would be first borns.

That's my theory, anyhow.

GA

Crowqueen

Seems a good theory, Goddess Artemis. Certainly works in our case.

Though I am thinking of buying my sister a copy of the miniature Tarot Nova, since it was only £3.50 in Waterstones and if I hadn't torn the cards apart before I got home I might just have given it to her.

memries

I am the youngest of three girls and at an early age decided to go my own way in the matter of my interests and life style.
I do not care to compete and draw back from doing so. I don't even like games really and don't care if I win or not also play or not.

Keri

second

One older brother...he is 7 years older. So I have attributes of an "only" with that age difference. Actually felt that way while I was growing up.

aibhlin

I don't know if anyone suggested this (because, honestly, I was to lazy to read all of this thread) but maybe first borns have a stronger urge to control everything? Like your younger siblings, your friends, people around you in general... And thus making something like tarot very appealing because you can get a bigger perspective on your own and other peoples lives? Maybe?