Tarot of the Ancient Celts: The Mage

Faolainn Storm

ooh, ooh, ooh, NIIICCCEEE! Wish I could draw so well *pout* :( I hope you get these published! I'd love a copy.

Faolainn Storm

blackroseivy

Thank you EVER so much!! :D

I have now submitted to both Schiffer & to Dal Negro (who were VERY vague about submissions, :( ). I just inquired of the art-director at USG about what exactly to send.

Schiffer said it would take at LEAST a YEAR to make any kind of decision. :( So, that's why I'm going to Dal Negro & to USG. Wish me luck, again.. :p

Dean

Hi Blackroseivy

Like people have already said your work looks every good and very professionally done, it looks very interesting well done.

I like the first pictures you have posted showing the back of cards and the front reddish borders, if your cards are going to be a smallish size i think you have done the right thing with the colour formats for each card.

I hope it gets published soon.

blackroseivy

Well, we will see, & thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement, Dean! :D

I just heard back from Dal Negro, just another quickie note saying "thank you & can you send in your original inquiry?" (So they evidently lost it, heheh, :( ). I didn't have a copy of that but sent in that this is "The Tarot of the Ancient Celts", & some info, & do they need anything else? You know. ;)

I also had to RE-DO the backs & border - they were at .72, BLAH. There go the li'l hearts! :( I think I like having the images lighter & larger, actually. Here are the new back & front, they are very beautiful but no hearts, shnif... :(

Attachments

• tarotoftheancientceltsfullborder40percent.jpg
    tarotoftheancientceltsfullborder40percent.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 72
  • tarotoftheancientceltscardback40percent.jpg
    tarotoftheancientceltscardback40percent.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 77

Dean

blackroseivy said:
I also had to RE-DO the backs & border - they were at .72, BLAH. There go the li'l hearts! :( I think I like having the images lighter & larger, actually. Here are the new back & front, they are very beautiful but no hearts, shnif... :(

Thats a shame i did like that type of pattern used, but if the changes are necessary for future publishing, then that is what is needed.

I'm finding this difficult now with what type of pip formats i should keep for my deck creation, these choices are never easy, but i still like the lighter colours that you have used, and yes go for a larger size card.

blackroseivy

Right. Dal Negro only JUST told me their requirements, haha, I asked & never heard back to begin with. Blah, it's Spain & Italy here! & I never told them a) where the heck I am, & b) anything about myself! But again, they never actually answered me last time so that's not entirely my fault, :p !!

So, I will go back & make the cards 60x104mm, which ain't huge but oh well, & they also need white borders. ;)

Bleed-space, trim-space...

Well, she didn't say "no" - ??!!!

The thing is - they DO publish at Dal Negro, yes? Not just ask you to pay for your print-up???????

I don't THINK that's how it works. She said "before we discuss a price". I THINK she meant for the deck itself.

So, MAYBE I found a publisher!! :D

Be watchin' this space for breaking updates... :p hehe

blackroseivy

Here are the FINAL cards for DN!

Here we are, the DN cards as I sent them, titles & all. Hope you like!

Attachments

• tarotoftheancientceltsthefoolfinalfont.jpg
    tarotoftheancientceltsthefoolfinalfont.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 89
  • tarotoftheancientceltsthemagefinalfont.jpg
    tarotoftheancientceltsthemagefinalfont.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 73
  • tarotoftheancientceltsdeathfinalfont.jpg
    tarotoftheancientceltsdeathfinalfont.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 90
  • tarotoftheancientceltsthesunfinalfont.jpg
    tarotoftheancientceltsthesunfinalfont.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 68
  • tarotoftheancientcelts4oflancesfinalfont.jpg
    tarotoftheancientcelts4oflancesfinalfont.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 84

blackroseivy

Here are the rest:

Attachments

• tarotoftheancientcelts9oflancesfinalfont.jpg
    tarotoftheancientcelts9oflancesfinalfont.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 82
  • tarotoftheancientceltsaceofswordsfinalfont.jpg
    tarotoftheancientceltsaceofswordsfinalfont.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 91
  • tarotoftheancientceltskingofvesselsfinalfont.jpg
    tarotoftheancientceltskingofvesselsfinalfont.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 83

blackroseivy

I don't know if they will literally look like this in finished form, but I rather hope so because I kinda think that they look good. ;)

truelighth

OMG, totally missed this thread. Then again, you keep on posting a new thread.. how am I supposed to keep up with you! I already got all the other threads about your deck on watch... lol :).
Anyway, found it, looked at the cards, loving it! I like the last borders.. or at least the more plain ones. The first one in the thread was a bit busy to my taste. And I like the fact that the images are bit bigger on the later design as well. They are more visible that way.

Ok, watching this thread now too :D