tempted to interpret another readers spread

AriesVirgoAscending

Very true. And it always amazes me that if someone asks here on AT what a card means, and 52 people answer, there will be 52 different answers. No two people seem to have the same meaning for any given card (or an identical reading method).

For what it is worth, Death does not mean transformation for me either. For me, it has a two part meaning. First that something will end completely. Secondly, that it had to (was meant to) end to make room for something better that is meant to come the querent. If that thing did not end, the new thing (that is better for them) could not come.

Like losing a job and while you are looking finding a much better one. Had you not lost the first one, you would not be looking. And would not have found the better one.

That is it's meaning for me. Nothing to do with transformation. It says something will ned but in the end you will find out why and will see it was for the best.

Babs

I disagree there would be 52 answers. Read the threads, people are clear.

Michael Sternbach

Food for thought:
The sources you refer to are all many years after the 1st Tarot cards that have been found. Hmmmmm. And where did "they" get their info? :?::confused:

Sometimes from non-physical 'secret masters', or simply from intuition.

However, it's noteworthy that the RWS was not least inspired by the fairly early Sola Busca Tarot.

Btw, is it practically relevant what the original meanings were?

No...

They were the ones trying to ban it because it was scary to them.

Okay, that makes sense. It was the second part of the last paragraph in your previous post that made me confused.

Michael Sternbach

Very true. And it always amazes me that if someone asks here on AT what a card means, and 52 people answer, there will be 52 different answers. No two people seem to have the same meaning for any given card (or an identical reading method).

Yes, or at least 21 different answers.

SunChariot

What you just described as not being transformation, is in fact exactly how most people describe transformation. Something ended, so something could start.

I'm just interjecting, if that's not transformation, what is?

Oh, guess we use the word differently.

To me transformation is the same thing changing form. No ending just changing form. Like the caterpillar transforming into a butterfly. Or getting a promotion or raise within the same company. Or a person transforming into a better version of themselves. No ending...it it alwsys the same thing which is undergoing change.

If something ends and is then replaced by something new. That is something different. That is what I meant.

Babs

gregory

I disagree there would be 52 answers. Read the threads, people are clear.
Actually - they aren't - there are LOADS of threads with MORE than 52 answers.

What you just described as not being transformation, is in fact exactly how most people describe transformation. Something ended, so something could start.
No. Transformation is when something itself changes, is transformed. Cook an apple - it is transformed into a very different substance that cannot be put back as it was, to take a totally mundane example. Die and your body becomes soil (or ash, depending which way you go...)

Something ending so something else could start - that's more like getting a divorce so that you can remarry. It CAN be undone, and it doesn't essentially CHANGE either participant, just puts them in a different situation.

nisaba

No...

They were the ones trying to ban it because it was scary to them.

Early Italian families, commissioning Tarot decks from local artists, included cardinals and Popes. And yet commissioned Tarot decks.