The 3x3 Kipper Study Thread

zhadee

Let's do some 3x3 readings with the Kipper cards!
We may apply the Lenormand rules and see how this works for us.
Feel free to post your spread with monthly/weekly/general/specific questions & let's read in turns so we may stretch our reading muscles.

The more the merrier! :heart:
useful links:
3 different Kipper cards (classic, mystic, antique) - english
classic Kipper cards - english

Classic Kipper cards Meanings
Mystic Kipper cards Meanings

The last two are german, but as there are several translators available, like google or babelfish, this might be interesting.
If a translation makes no sense at all, you may contact me.

the 4 additional cards of the "Fin de Siècle": (# links to Genna's description on this thread, the name is linked to an image)
#37 Poverty
#38 Toil and Labour
#39 Community

Padma

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, I ordered Ciro's - however, I suppose I can use the old-fashioned one I have ;)

Thanks for starting a thread! :love:

ETA is the 3x3 like the Lenormand spread? Like, same meanings for the card columns and rows?

zhadee

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, I ordered Ciro's - however, I suppose I can use the old-fashioned one I have ;)

Thanks for starting a thread! :love:

ETA is the 3x3 like the Lenormand spread? Like, same meanings for the card columns and rows?

Yay! Love to see you here! Looking forward to your spread... :party: I guess it does not matter which one you'd use as long as you're having fun. I have the Mystic and the Classic one.
Maybe there is a link to Ciro's edition to check for details.

Padma

Yay! Love to see you here! Looking forward to your spread... :party: I guess it does not matter which one you'd use as long as you're having fun. I have the Mystic and the Classic one.
Maybe there is a link to Ciro's edition to check for details.

I will go to his website and see what he has there :)

empress's dress

oh this is so exciting. zhadee and padma! i should pinch myself :). this is going to be amazing! i have ciro's fin de siecle kipper cards. i wish i had the classic ones.

i have learned so much from the two of you on this site. you are two of the most thoughtful teachers there are. this thread is inspiring even though it barely started.

zhadee

3x3 December

I was away :) now I'm back.
None of you has posted a spread... should I start?

28. Expectation - 15. Success in Love - 5. Good Gentleman
12. Rich girl - 24. Theft - 27. Unexpected Money
31. Short Illness - 34. Work - 20. House

Mostly, these cards are self-explanatory. I'll read them the way I learned them.

Expectation is longing, waiting, and things happen on their own account. Patience as advice.

Good Outcome in Love. refers to friendship (dog) or love (birds/umbrella).

Good Gentleman is a male card. He might refer to an elder man like a male relative, or an authority like your boss. If you are married, the male person is your husband, and the Good Lord is the lover.

so these cards are telling me that I am waiting patiently signs of love from my lover.

Rich girl can be a person. A young relative, or an immature female friend. It may as well be a quality: carefree, nothing to worry

Theft means loss. Generally and figuratively speaking. It works in every direction and weakens the meaning of positive cards and strengthens the meaning of bad cards. But it also has a revealing effect. A deceit becomes obvious, a lie comes in plain sight, an end of illusion.

Unexpected Money is either money or good luck.

Second line tells me: my carefree days are over, I have to work hard in order to succeed.

Short illness is ... a minor illness, weakness of short duration. Combined with Theft, it could be worse. It also is the sex card.

Work, Occupation is work. Drudgery. Hand crafting.

House is the home. Stability, safety.

So, cards denote I might get the chance to work as a prostitute :p
Or suffer from depression which can be cured by work (distraction) and safe environment.

Padma

I think the Short Illness card along with the Work card and House card shows your place of employment, Zhadee!

I also see the Lord, Unexpected Fortune, and House card meaning a call or a visit, or a gift from someone you are longing for - which certainly makes you feel like you have hit the jackpot. And he "comes home" - i.e., gets in touch with you.

Unexpected Fortune has always come up in my cards as a very especially nice thing, whether money, gift, winning small loto amounts, windfalls. Good things :)

I will post mine tomorrow, and also comment more on yours (4 corners etc)

empress's dress

I think the Short Illness card along with the Work card and House card shows your place of employment, Zhadee!

I also see the Lord, Unexpected Fortune, and House card meaning a call or a visit, or a gift from someone you are longing for - which certainly makes you feel like you have hit the jackpot. And he "comes home" - i.e., gets in touch with you.

Unexpected Fortune has always come up in my cards as a very especially nice thing, whether money, gift, winning small loto amounts, windfalls. Good things :)

padma, i have to comment on your reading of zhadee's cards before i even get to commenting on zhadee's cards. i just got tears in my eyes reading your reading. it is so beautiful the Lord, Unexpected Fortune, House card row. yes, how beautiful. in fact i am not sure i can add anything to reading zhadee's cards now. i feel extreme joy for her! (i will get myself together and do it anyway.)

empress's dress

I was away :) now I'm back.
None of you has posted a spread... should I start?

28. Expectation - 15. Good Start in Love - 5. Good Lord
12. Rich girl - 24. Theft - 27. Unexpected Money
31. Short Illness - 34. Work - 20. House

Mostly, these cards are self-explanatory.
So, cards denote I might get the chance to work as a prostitute :p
Or suffer from depression which can be cured by work (distraction) and safe environment.

haha indeed at first glance it does look like you will be a well paid courtesan in a fancy madame's house after you leave your current job ;)...

which of your 2 decks did you use? would like to refrain from answering until i have more information!

was looking at your links, i really like the mystic deck. i want that. nicer than ciro's kipper if you ask me. i need to find that deck somewhere. with that deck and you lovely people this is how i am going to really learn kipper. google translate did a very good job translating the mystic deck site.

and what is it about german oracle sites and awful stock photos that make them look like they aren't legit? lol

zhadee

Padma

hi Padma, you are of course right! I did not think of that :) even though it is what I like about my work. Sick people in bed, me working hard to make them feel safe and sound.

I saw that, too. ;) But Theft is such a killjoy, I read each positive card as a negation: no call, no visit, no gift - no jackpot feeling. :rolleyes: Even though I do wait. Patiently.
This is the first 3x3 reading I ever did with the Kipper, and for me, the middle card is the focus. This month will show, how I'll read the middle card from now on.

Aye - will update here.

Lovely! Looking forward for it :)