the cards vs sprits in a bottle? LOL

eolian

I made an update in the original post.

LindaMechele

But, if we seek for something new "and perhaps something no one else has thought of" we will have an abundantly good time.

So, all i have to do now is figure out exactly what no one else has thought of. LOL
Rarely have i ever had such a clear message from a spread i made for myself.

***The wife & i caught a last minute deal to the Riverwalk in San Antonio, We stayed at the Hyatt Regency and had a great time even though it was 96 degrees a couple of days. They were indeed a couple of delays, one upon checking in and at the Delta counter going back out but nothing like was foretold by the cards if we were going to a high demand area.
This is the slow time along the riverwalk we were told before the Christmas light get turned on. So it worked out.
Hey, y'all were just ninety miles south of me! San Antone's riverwalk is nice, isn't it? Sorry you had to deal with the heat. We've been having some VERY unseasonably hot weather lately, so much that we've been breaking records left and right. Ugh. COME ON FALL DAMMIT.

So was this new to you two? Something like you haven't done before? Did you see the huge old Catholic church near there? It's gorgeous - massive wooden doors, old statues of the Virgin Mary, rows and rows of wooden pews, stained glass. It's fab. And did you visit the Alamo? How about that bar along the river where they insult you? Is it still there? That was a hoot last time I went, which was during the Christmas light time actually - they're really gorgeous.

eolian

So was this new to you two? Something like you haven't done before? Did you see the huge old Catholic church near there? It's gorgeous - massive wooden doors, old statues of the Virgin Mary, rows and rows of wooden pews, stained glass. It's fab. And did you visit the Alamo? How about that bar along the river where they insult you? Is it still there? That was a hoot last time I went, which was during the Christmas light time actually - they're really gorgeous.[/QUOTE]

Yep our first time to San Antonio were really enjoyed ourselves. I had many,many of those wonderful margaritas that Prickly pear one was to die for from Market Square. We did see several of the old missions to the south our tour was on Sunday and services were ongoing and we were told not to act like tourist and bust in taking pictures on Sunday. LOL

The Alamo had been on my bucket list since the movie in 2004 came out. It was awesome. We went over there 3 or 4 times since the Hyatt was right next door. Whataburger was on my bucket list as well i got to cross that off too. "Next time is going to be the Gunther House for breakfast once the south part of the riverwalk is opened up.

LindaMechele

Whataburger as a bucket list item! :joke: That's awesome. I hope you found a good one. Years ago they were all fabulous, but over time they became hit or miss, with the bad ones being almost identical to McDonald's. Ick. I haven't had a Whataburger in years (dietary restrictions - sigh), so I hope they reversed that trend!

And prickly pear margaritas! A friend's coming over this afternoon to pick prickly pears with me to make jelly. I think, after the day I've had (fighting with the remodelers), I need to turn some of them into tasty alcoholic drinks. Yep.

I'm glad you had fun and got to visit the Alamo. Being a native Texan, I was fed the story of it's history from birth. History is written by the victors of course, so one can't help but wonder how much of it is actually true, but when you're standing there in it and seeing the artifacts and documentation to back it all up, well, no matter the details, it's hard to believe it wasn't an incredible act of bravery the likes of which we may never see again.