The new Simple Tarot, better than ever

Kissa

Le_Corsair said:
Thanks, Cerulean! I tried already to vary the characters, etc., as well as clicking on your link; no luck. :( Obviously the universe is conspiring against me.

Bob :THERM

that would be a pity!

does this one works? http://66.197.210.102/~witchcra/witchcrafts/frame.html

scrowl down to get to the Simple Tarot...

come on now, Bob, make an effort ;) !!!

Kissa

WillieHewes

Hey, running onto two pages already! I'm at work, so just a quick note:

The cards are still printed on paper and cut out by hand. I'll make a page with the old and new version side by side, so you can compare. I think you'll be surprised how little they changed, really.

WillieHewes

Now that I have the time to respond properly...

The booklet covers all the cards, although I have to admit the major arcana get more lines of description than the others...

Yes, it definately has things in common with the international icon tarot. :) They were developed completely separately though. And I think, although the original idea for them was similar, we both took it in completely different directions. I do like the international icon tarot, by the way. Of course, I like my own deck better... :)

The approximate price in US dollars at this instant is $ 22.5701, according to the currency converter. I'll include that on the site, actually, had an email asking the same question...

Thanks all for your praise... :D I'll be off now to work more improvements on the site.

PS: the postage cost has just gone up, because I found out the new version was in a higher weight catagory than the previous version (due to thicker cardstock). So if you notice an inconsistency, that'd be why. The difference isn't too big though...

lunakasha

I just ordered mine......YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!! :D:D:D:D

For $22.57 shipped, I just could not resist.....

I will post here when it arrives....

:D:DLuna:D:D

Cocobird55

I ordered mine a couple of days ago. It is a very cool deck, and I'm looking forward to getting it.

Sue

lunakasha

Well.....I am still waiting (rather impatiently) for my Simple Tarot to arrive.....It has been over two weeks now, but the artist did ask me to allow up to 12 business days....*sigh* :(

I guess that means I have to wait a couple more days before I start sending nasty emails, hehehehe!!! :D (kidding)

I will definitely post here as soon as I have it in my greedy little hands....

:D Luna

Kissa

Come on come on, Luna, give us your impressions, now that you got it! I am very broke at the moment but should be able to order the Simple Tarot deck soonish.

How do you handle these non-laminated cards? Do you have the International Icon tarot? Does ithe Simple Tarot feel the same ie INCREDIBLY GOOD!? ;)

Impatient Kissa

lunakasha

Kissa said:
Come on come on, Luna, give us your impressions, now that you got it! I am very broke at the moment but should be able to order the Simple Tarot deck soonish.

How do you handle these non-laminated cards? Do you have the International Icon tarot? Does ithe Simple Tarot feel the same ie INCREDIBLY GOOD!? ;)

Impatient Kissa

Hello, Impatient One!!!! :p LOL

You are too funny, hehehehe :laugh:

Well now...yes, my lovely Simple Tarot did arrive this past Wednesday....but unfortunately I have not spent nearly enough time with the preciousses yet.... :eek: I ended up with three new decks in one week, by sheer coincidence mind you! ;) I do plan to post my new deck reading very soon....PATIENCE now!!!
First impressions.....

Absolutely LOVE the imagery...the design, the colors, the elegant simplicity of each card....beautiful and I think they should be fairly easy to read with, if you are familiar with RWS-style decks and know the standard meanings....if you need a LOT of detail to read with, these might be more challenging...

One of the things that I know will be tough for me, personally, is that I tend to focus a lot on facial expressions, and other very subtle details in most cards....well, I am going to be relying much more heavily on my intuition with this deck, because there are no faces to read....which, ironically, is the main reason I wanted this deck! :)

I think I am REALLY going to enjoy the challenge of learning to read without so many of these tiny details...as many have said about this deck (and the International Icon as well), it is a clean, simple, uncluttered version of the RW that is very colorful and appealing...I agree with that assessment, although I have yet to try a reading with them.

I do not own the II yet, but it is VERY tempting, LOL!!! I do tend to think of these two decks together, due to their simplicity....almost like the "light" and "dark" sides of the same coin!!! I love the black backgrounds of the cards...it makes the colors really *pop*, don't you think???

OK....now for the not-so-good part....and this is NOT a criticism of the artist or publisher, I realize that they need to keep the prices reasonable, and I am very pleased to have been able to purchase one at a very good price. BUT...the card stock is quite thin, and as you mentioned Kissa, non-laminated. Which means that I am going to be super-duper careful with these little guys, in order not to damage them. I plan to shuffle SLOWLY....and not to touch them unless my hands are very clean and dry....

Is this a problem for me? Not at all....I am very pleased with these cards and I will make the effort to ensure that I can use them for many years to come...as I said, the price was right, and I am very pleased with my purchase of the Simple Tarot.

How'd I do Kissa??? :D

I look forward to trying them out for a reading in the next few
days, and will post it in the Your Readings forum....

Thanks again, Willie....for creating such a beautiful and unusual deck!!!

:) Luna

Cocobird55

Mine came yesterday, and I've been looking through it. I like it a lot...

Sue