The Quantum Tarot is going OOP

Leo62

...because sadly, our publisher Kunati has gone out of business.

I've been informed that there are between 1,000 and 1,500 copies of the deck left unsold - and then that will be it.

It's still showing as in stock on Amazon in US, UK and Canada so if you want a copy, I'd grab it now. :D

I don't say this for personal gain - Chris and I will not be seeing any more royalties from sales of the deck. We'll be getting a few free copies though, so we'll be able to keep selling it for a while once it disappears from the shelves.

But whatever stock is left will be remaindered pretty soon, and eventually pulped.

This is the saddest part of it for me, because Kunati put a lot of thought and effort into producing a high-quality deck. The thought of it going to waste like that is quite painful.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on AT who has bought and enjoyed the deck, as well as supporting it in all stages of gestation. Your copy may end up being worth something in the not too distant future! :)

victoria.star

well i'll be. so sad.
i enjoy my copy and so does my husband. he has a thing for tarot anyway, but the Quantum was the first one of MY decks that he picked up and was interested in.
thank you for sharing your vision with the world.

Sidhe-Ra

Gods, this is awful news! I feel for you...how dreadful :(

Hugs and Blessings to you and Chris xxx

Leo62

Thanks for your good wishes Victoria and Em. :)

It wasn't a complete shock, I must say...but we weren't expecting it to happen quite so soon!

baba-prague

I was very sorry to hear this. I know that there were rumours on a lot of websites for ages, but I was quite shocked that it seemed to happen so soon and so suddenly. I hope things work out for you.

faunabay

I was just visiting with Jeannette at Tarot Garden and I know for a fact (I saw them on the shelf LOL) that she has some as well.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Your deck is sooo beautiful it deserves to stay out there longer. But it's also sad for Kunati!! The decks they did put out were wonderfully packaged and well done. :(

jackdaw*

Aw, that's awful, Leo and Chris. It really is a shame ...

lizziecat

Yikes - I'm sorry to hear that - better grab one now!

morticia monroe

Leo! I have sorely missed you,,,how are you?

I urge anyone who has considered the Quantum Tarot and not yet purchased it to do so. It is really, really lovely. I was on the fence for a while about purchasing the Quantum; I'm not scientifically minded and I wasn't sure I'd "get it" or find it at all readable. WRONG I WAS! Not only is it beautiful, (and the silver gilding?....lush) but it is also entirely readable.

Le Fanu

This is very sad news. Quite apart from the fact that it means this wonderful deck won't reach the wider public it might have reached if it had stayed in print longer. That was - I have to say - a very brief "in print" period.

It is also sad as I had high hopes of Kunati. The two decks they put out (this and the Touchstone) were impeccably produced products and I had the sense they were dipping their toe into the tarot waters. Who knows what other gems they might have produced given the chance.

As for the Quantum, it is one of the most thought-provoking and innovative tarot decks of recent times. I love mine. Reisiting the temptation to bag one of the ones left as back up...