The Wild Unknown Tarot

Gillyboo

Christmas

I'll start threads on those 2 cards next then :).

Yay, Sulis! It's Christmas :heart:

I had been completely flummoxed with Temperance in the deck. The study group really helped me grasp the imagery. So I look forward to seeing insights on those two cards.

Thanks again!

Sulis

I tried to do a post on The Empress a few weeks ago and just couldn't figure out how to go about it.. After pondering this for a while, I think the best thing to do is to do a post / thread on both of these 2 cards together since their similarities and differences seem so integral to how they'd be interpreted and the symbolism used is so similar... It seems that they are a pair and it's almost impossible for me to talk about one without the other when they're not in a reading..
I'll sit with the cards today and see what comes to mind from just looking at the images and I'll see if I can get something posted later on today..
I'm no expert though so contributions are welcome :).

lark

I'd like to give it a try Sulis, I have a few thoughts.

Sulis

Lark feel free to jump in and I'll happily join you :). I love to hear your thoughts on the cards :).

Gillyboo

I tried to do a post on The Empress a few weeks ago and just couldn't figure out how to go about it.. After pondering this for a while, I think the best thing to do is to do a post / thread on both of these 2 cards together since their similarities and differences seem so integral to how they'd be interpreted and the symbolism used is so similar... It seems that they are a pair and it's almost impossible for me to talk about one without the other when they're not in a reading..
I'll sit with the cards today and see what comes to mind from just looking at the images and I'll see if I can get something posted later on today..
I'm no expert though so contributions are welcome :).

Thanks again!

Sulis

I've started 2 threads on The Empress and The Emperor over in Tarot Study Groups :).
I'd love some input on these 2 cards though - they've got the type of symbolism that is difficult to put into words (if you know what I mean)..
Just one more Major, The Lovers to go now and then all of the Majors will have discussion threads :).

Here are the threads:
The Empress III
The Emperor IV

Pixna

Fabulous! Thank you, Sulis!

Pixna

Excellent, Sulis! Thanks so much! This will make it a lot easier to see new threads and posts.

Calcifer

For what it's worth, I just wrote the people at The Wild Unknown to ask if they might have any plans to release a pocket sized (playing card) edition. I've never been much for mini-decks, but it would be SO convenient to have something a little less bulky as I tend to tote this deck around with me everywhere. I stipulated that keeping the card stock was essential...lol.

I'll post any responses here. If nothing else, it may get them to thinking about it :)

Michael