The Wild Unknown Tarot

Calcifer

That was quick...
The Official Word is: "not at this time".
At least the seeds have been sown :)...

Michael

daphne

For what it's worth, I just wrote the people at The Wild Unknown to ask if they might have any plans to release a pocket sized (playing card) edition. I've never been much for mini-decks, but it would be SO convenient to have something a little less bulky as I tend to tote this deck around with me everywhere. I stipulated that keeping the card stock was essential...lol.

I'll post any responses here. If nothing else, it may get them to thinking about it :)

Michael

Pocket size? Great idea! That would be so nice!!

Kissa

So it is finally here, in my hands.
I am speechless, very humbled by the cards. We are taming each other. There is a lot of respect and curiosity on my side but also shyness... Am I good enough for this wonder??

Pixna

I am speechless, very humbled by the cards. We are taming each other. There is a lot of respect and curiosity on my side but also shyness... Am I good enough for this wonder??

Of course you are! And, yes, this is one of the most amazing decks ever created. So glad you are loving it too, Kissa!

Sulis

I agree with Pixna, of course you're good enough for this.. For me, this deck really comes alive when I lay 3 or 5 cards next to each other.. The cards interact with each other in the same way that TdM cards do for me.. There are symbols that repeat etc and loads of movement in the cards...
I'm really glad you're loving your deck Kissa :).

lark

So glad you discovered it Kissa.
I'm still using it as my main deck, and what, it's been over a year now.
If I go to other decks for awhile I miss it.
For me it isn't a shouting sort of deck where you lay cards out and they jump to a subject right away.
It's layers of feelings and recognition and slow revelation....sometimes through out the day.
Once I had it I wanted to get the book too, when I could afford it, because I didn't want to miss a thing about this deck.
And for myself I often look at the book meanings to get insight into the artists thoughts.
She may not tell you why she used a particular picture on the card, or what her though process was for each card, but from what she feels the meaning is you get it.
Enjoy your new deck hope you have many happy hours with it like I have.

Fly My Pretty

I'm looking at purchasing this deck in the next few days, but what I'm wondering is, how is the guidebook?
Is it worth paying that little bit extra or can I do without it? Does it add any other info than what a LWB would?

I would much rather spend any extra money on the Magician Print if I'm not really going to get much out of the guidebook that I didn't already know.

Calcifer

The guidebook is a delightful little book and if money isn't a big issue, I'd get it. But no way do you need it. Seriously. It gives the artist's rendition of the card meanings, a brief story of the deck's creation, and that's about it. No reversals meaning either... I got it, and I'm glad of it - but "need it" ? Nope.
Michael

Pixna

I'm looking at purchasing this deck in the next few days, but what I'm wondering is, how is the guidebook?
Is it worth paying that little bit extra or can I do without it? Does it add any other info than what a LWB would?

I would much rather spend any extra money on the Magician Print if I'm not really going to get much out of the guidebook that I didn't already know.

I love, love, love the deck -- I hope you do too! I have the book, and I really like it. However, it doesn't cover the imagery in the deck and is more like an expanded LWB. I personally think it's worth having but I don't think it's essential, especially if you're experienced with the Tarot. If you're more of a beginner, it would be helpful, or if you're someone who is experienced and just wants to know as much as possible about the deck, it would be good to have.

Aeric

Count me in for not needing the book. It really is an extended LWB. The writing is brief and uplifting for each card, but it doesn't give explanations for the selection of animals or image layouts. But the designs are simple enough that if you know RWS imagery, you'll get these in a snap.