The Wild Unknown Tarot

MoonGypsy

<grin> I had to do a bit of translating, but once that was done, that story amused me!

:D:D:D i 'm still waiting for my Universal Translator to kick in...:p

i find this deck incredibly beautiful and deeply spiritual...and it remains one of my
all time favorite decks. And since i bought my first deck in 1970, that is saying something.

Calcifer

Hipster ? Sure. Probably. More than Likely.
BUT... even if the marketing people opted to point this deck directly at the vapid, mindless, sheeple, it is still a wonderful deck. I have no doubt that the artist, without a strong tarot background, could have come up with such a thing if it weren't a labor of love and visualized straight from the heart. Regardless of how the bean counters market the thing, it is still, without a doubt, one of the most moving decks I've ever encountered - I cannot leave it alone :). And I am an old stick-in-the-mud RWS spawn.

Michael

Pixna

I agree, Calcifer. This deck was most certainly a labor of love and deep intuition and visualization. I think it's timeless -- not a flash-in-the-pan deck, but one that can hold its own among any others.

Sulis

I love this deck and I agree with Pixna and Calcifer; it's timeless, intuitive and I'd add that it reads like a dream (and for me it reads very much like a TdM but it's a little less cryptic)...
As someone who really is averse to all things flash in the pan and 'hipster', I hate to think of my all time favourite deck like that.. I think this deck will be around for a very long time, I hope so anyway..

For those who are just getting the deck, please check out the study group threads (yeah, yeah, I sound like a broken record I know ;)).. It's a great resource with in-depth discussions on each of the cards...
Here's a link: Wild Unknown Tarot Study Group Sub-Forum

Le Fanu

Hipster ? Sure. Probably. More than Likely.
BUT... even if the marketing people opted to point this deck directly at the vapid, mindless, sheeple, it is still a wonderful deck.
I wasn't using the term hipster so dismissively. I've nothing against hipsters - I like their beards and tattoos - but it does seem to have garnered a public who have also bought into instagram. I find it interesting that it is so photographed on instagram. There must be some connection there

I like the deck but only in certain moments. It's not a deck I want to use everyday. I reach for it in very specific moods.

Akiwa

I bought this deck a few months ago, and boy has it grown on me. I reach to it more often than not, and find that there is such a breadth and depth to the meanings that come through, and it keeps evolving. I am thinking about getting that back up copy! And I love the study group posts. I am just sad I wasn't around for the actual discussion!

Pixna

I bought this deck a few months ago, and boy has it grown on me. I reach to it more often than not, and find that there is such a breadth and depth to the meanings that come through, and it keeps evolving. I am thinking about getting that back up copy! And I love the study group posts. I am just sad I wasn't around for the actual discussion!

I have several backup decks (an embarrassing number), Akiwa. I don't ever want to be without it! :D

Sulis

Hi Akiwa,

The discussions haven't finished.. If you have anything to add just post away and we'll happily join in.. I love hearing new insights and thoughts about the imagery and symbolism on these cards :).

manandcards

I have several backup decks (an embarrassing number), Akiwa. I don't ever want to be without it! :D

I have two copies of this deck and a few others. I bought one on eBay and the second I picked up in a boutique in the East Village in New York. It's placed in non New Age places on purpose and it's working for its appeal.

Akiwa

Thanks for saying that, Sulis! I've had all kinds of thoughts and ideas and questions, but thought the "party was over." I'll chime in!