The Wild Unknown Tarot

Citrin

I have the guidebook and recommend it. However, I think the app provides more information and is much more useful.

So it does add something to the deck? Hey, there's an app?! I had no idea lol. Not a Fool's Dog one?

Citrin

You can get it from the Wild Unknown shop, Little Red Tarot shop, from Free People, Etsy, Bona Drag, etc.

*had to wait for money transfer, and missed the Urban Outfitters sale...*

Oh gosh I'm sorry I totallt asked that question the wrong way, I was sleepy lol meant to ask if it's any good and adds to the understanding of the deck :)

Cocobird55

I enjoyed the guidebook -- it is so well written. Not sure it is necessary, but I think it's definitely worth getting.

Pixna

So it does add something to the deck? Hey, there's an app?! I had no idea lol. Not a Fool's Dog one?

It adds to the deck, but not a lot. It doesn't go into any of the symbolism in the cards but does provide a general overview of the basic card meanings.

The app goes into more depth and you can use it for your daily card and for readings. I highly recommend it!

acephale

Just received the deck and guide book as gift in a care package yesterday. I'd never heard of it before. I mainly stick to TdM such as Jean Noblet and Jodorowsky/Camoin but these completely won me over. Did a reading for my wife last night and the first card pulled was The Hermit which is a stunning card.

As for the hipster thing, I live in Brooklyn, Crown Heights to be exact so we don't have to deal with ground zero but close enough to understand the disdain. It gets trying to say the least. Search youtube for a few clips of Portlandia and then realize they're not exaggerating. ;-) I take the whole thing with a grain of salt and remember, younger generations should make older generations shake their heads. But having lived through it the first time, I feel safe in saying, there is nothing good to recycled from '80s fashion. And I'm currently loving rewatching Lovejoy.

danieljuk

I got my deck from the offer and I am surprised how much I love it! :thumbsup: I have never been sure if I wanted this deck or not, it seemed so restrictive to my normal deck tastes. Limited colours when I love bright and colourful and pictures with so much in. No humans when I use humans in court cards quite a lot and a whole lot of elements which I find really challenging to my life and style but I did feel I liked the art in pictures I had seen and I have had two amazing readings from it by others on here.

Sooooooo I loved the artwork and did some readings and got such great messages and reads from them! The colours and images just seem to work and my fears were totally unfounded and I have a great connection with the deck.

Since I bought it, I also bought the app (for the extra card info and card browsing / card of the day) and now I want the book to go with it! :)

I wish I had bought it sooner, it's a really amazing deck but if you feel you won't feel connected with it, I would definitely buy it and try it or have a go if you can access someone else's deck. It wasn't what I was expecting at all which was a really difficult connection to it, I understood it as soon as I picked it up! It's now my fave deck of the moment and never expected all this at all :) :thumbsup:

Madrigal

I'm surprised by how much I enjoy this deck. It's moved into my 'top five' list. Ironically the austerity allows for a really rich experience. As such intuition and imagination soar when given just a few carefully and brilliantly placed tent pegs.

Yelell

I'm surprised by how much I enjoy this deck. It's moved into my 'top five' list. Ironically the austerity allows for a really rich experience. As such intuition and imagination soar when given just a few carefully and brilliantly placed tent pegs.

I feel the same way. I am surprised since it is much different than the kind of decks I usually prefer. I do wish the app was available on IOS :(

Madrigal

I feel the same way. I am surprised since it is much different than the kind of decks I usually prefer. I do wish the app was available on IOS :(

Are you on their IOS app mailing list? Supposedly it was coming out early summer of this year. Like you I'm waiting for it, rather impatiently I might add ;)

Yelell

Are you on their IOS app mailing list? Supposedly it was coming out early summer of this year. Like you I'm waiting for it, rather impatiently I might add ;)

o_O I am now :thumbsup: