The Wild Unknown Tarot

Alta

wow, now that is a real bargain. However I'll stick with my copy, it's enough. But anyone hesitating because it is has been relatively pricey....

danieljuk

seriously thinking of taking up that offer! such a good price! What a weird place to sell it (clothes shop chain) :) oh well it's on offer I can't complain, good find Linfang :thumbsup: shall think this over.

Aeric

Wild Unknown has found a market in vintage clothing stores and antique shops. In Toronto Canada I've seen it in a couple of them. Maybe Kim and Johnny are fans of vintage and successfully sold it to the community. WU is especially popular with pagans and Wiccans, for whom vintage stores in Toronto are often popular for older clothing styles and old fashioned tools to use in ritual.

Linfang

I ordered one for myself as a backup, since I really use this deck a lot. I wouldn't mind if I get the newer, flimsier card-stock. The original one is quite durable and sturdy, but so difficult to shuffle when you have small hands.

Anyway, let's see. For 20 Euro incl. shipping (via German UO website), this one is a real bargain compared to what I paid originally with shipping and tax.

danieljuk

Aeric this chain is sort of a hipster modern vintage place but maybe it has a market with them! it's sold online only in their toys and games section :) interesting! They never actually name the deck they just say "a tarot deck" but the photos show the Wild Unknown!

So I have had two really great readings with this deck from other people but I find it challenging with no humans and the style but I have decided to go for it at this price :) I hope I love it and connect with it!

A tip to anyone buying it, if you enter code "woohoo" in the checkout you get delivery for a £1. It showed me the offer at the bottom when buying so do check depending on your country if there is an equivalent offer :)
thanks Linfang :thumbsup:

Linfang

Yes, the same code came up when I entered my shipping address and automatically reduced the shipping costs to 1 Euro. You're welcome, danieljuk :)

MandMaud

but I find it challenging with no humans and the style but I have decided to go for it at this price :) I hope I love it and connect with it!

Trust me, you will. :D

Little_Bear

Wild Unknown

Wow, £20 discount! Just ordered a copy for myself. I'd been holding off because I've been broke but I received a small windfall today AND this deal is on!
I also looked online for a discount code and if you use HEYYOU when checking out, you also get free delivery, so I'm getting TWU for £15 straight up! :D

VioletEye

okay, i'm just going to say it: i really love the wild unknown, but what's going on with the (negative?) label of "hipster"?

i just don't get it - yeah, so it's sold at urban outfitters - an apparently smart thing for the publishers of this deck. but how does that reflect badly on the artwork? a lot of people here on aeclectic own and love this deck, and maybe also buy some clothing at urban outfitters (i'm guilty!), yet wouldn't consider themselves hipsters (gasp!). i would actually consider this a darkish, truly artistic, sophisticated and unique deck.

i guess i just don't get why, first of all, this is a hipster deck? and if so, why so-called hipsters get so much less credit than hippies, new-agers, aquarians, masons, or farmers?

sorry, this had been on my mind for a while... :)

that being said - again, i really love the wild unknown, and if you get the chance to scoop it up, it's awesome!