the worst deck you've purchased

Tobe

when i say worst, not like it's badly done, lack of work.
i mean the deck you feel least connected to?

mine are Gaian and Gilded, i find these 2 decks real hard to connect with for me :(

etherealtarot

The Spiral tarot was my second deck and I did not feel a connection to it at all. The design was beautiful.. I really wish I could have bonded with them but I really couldn't. It's strange.

greatdane

not sure if this is THE one I felt least connected to but...

Tarot Illuminati...images reminded me of the Arcus Arcanum and the foil treatment just seemed wrong. I probably could have worked with it, but it just felt off to me. If anyone has ever had that feeling with a deck, you know what I mean. The Fenestra, while aesthetically pleasing, not for me, The Mystic Dreamer, mostly because of the REAL people posing and the fact of the BIG borders and all the details, needed MUCH less border, bigger cards, so I could really appreciate it. And pretty much any of Ciro's. I think he is VERY talented and skilled. Just not the type of glossy deck I'm interested in. Very bright and pretty though. I am not knocking ANY of the decks, these are just some that aren't really readers for me. So they were moved along.

Tobe

ikr, isnt weird how some decks are instantly connected to you on first sight?

i always feel a little guilty pleasure when i have a connection with a deck that not many people have :p

Tobe

Tarot Illuminati...images reminded me of the Arcus Arcanum and the foil treatment just seemed wrong. I probably could have worked with it, but it just felt off to me. If anyone has ever had that feeling with a deck, you know what I mean. The Fenestra, while aesthetically pleasing, not for me, The Mystic Dreamer, mostly because of the REAL people posing and the fact of the BIG borders and all the details, needed MUCH less border, bigger cards, so I could really appreciate it. And pretty much any of Ciro's. I think he is VERY talented and skilled. Just not the type of glossy deck I'm interested in. Very bright and pretty though. I am not knocking ANY of the decks, these are just some that aren't really readers for me. So they were moved along.

i have the exact same feeling like you to Illuminati deck!
the artwork is extremely attractive, but somehow, my mind cant flow with it
like, im looking at it, but im not really "looking" at it with my heart, or intuition.

Grizabella

I love the Illuminati and find it very easy to read with. Isn't it interesting how people differ?

The oddest experience I've ever had with a deck is the Spiral. My daughter just loves it and it's her very special deck. I, on the other hand, have tried it at several points through the years and I get this physically sick feeling. I just can't work with it and have to put it away. In fact, just thinking about it makes me feel that way. The size is wonderful. The colors and the card stock are great. I've even tried different copies of the deck in case maybe I got one that may have had a person's energy that didn't agree with me. But it's just that deck....I can't even look through it.

Another is the Bohemian Gothic. I can't use that one, either. I thought I could use it to help me do some iintrospective work about the darker side of my life but I finally gave up. I just couldn't look into the Abyss that way, I guess.

I want to be sure to make it clear that there isn't a thing wrong with either of these decks. They're beautiful well-done decks that are readable and beautiful in other hands. Just not in mine.

foolMoon

Recently I did a reading for someone with The Golden Tarot by K. Black. After the reading, I asked how she felt, and she said it was OK, but she did not like the deck.

I asked why, and she told me the deck images and colours give creepy feeling to her.

I showed a few decks to her, and asked which one she liked most, and she chose the Robin Wood deck. So I did another reading for her with the RW deck.

Personally, so far I like all my decks. I am waiting for a Tarot of Illuminati and DruidCraft deck to arrive this week. Not sure if I will like them or not. Will do update here when they arrive.

Annabelle

Least connected to?

Well, the Illuminati is definitely on my short list. As is, strangely (since I LOVED it online as it was being created), the Victorian Romantic. And the Gilded -- though I LOVE the Legacy of the Divine from the same artist.

Also on my short list -- the Ma'at. Truly amazing art, but I didn't connect to it at all.

Krystophe

Another is the Bohemian Gothic. I can't use that one, either. I thought I could use it to help me do some iintrospective work about the darker side of my life but I finally gave up. I just couldn't look into the Abyss that way, I guess.

When I first got my Bohemian Gothic, the thrill of anticipation as I waited for it to arrive was practically unbearable...I simply had to have this deck. When it arrived, I tried to use it and was crushed with disappointment. I couldn't connect with the cards at all, even though I loved the artwork. I spent a couple weeks trying with it, but I just couldn't get anything useful or coherent at all from it.

It was consigned to a shelf where it remained untouched and forgotten, until one day I stumbled across it while looking for a book. I blew off a couple years worth of accumulated dust, took the cards out, shuffled, and laid out a spread, and...suddenly, as if out of nowhere, the connection was there! These cards-- which on my original attempt at working with them had remained lifeless and inert, nothing more than pretty pictures -- suddenly began speaking to me. Now I use it all the time, and I find the readings I get with it quite eloquent.

Sometimes I guess you just have to be ready. The "worst deck" may turn out to be simply the flip side, so to speak, of the "best deck." Timing is everything.

gregory

Shadowfox.

NO question, no contest. Fugly, unreadable and a ghastly box. And no possibility of connection even thinking ahead, given that some that looked hopeless at the time became favourites later... It's just one big NOTHING.

*shudder*

Annabelle - I thought you felt rather the same ? })

I've never had another deck I felt no possibility of connecting to (though the majors only Mars comes close for sheer EEEEW factor...! There are some cards you cannot hope to connect to in any life.)

Please do not click here if you are under 18, or at ALL sensitive...

I warned you !