the worst deck you've purchased

NeaTheCat

Tarot of Eden, aka Zukunfts Tarot. It is one of the most gorgeous decks I own. In fact, the Empress card is probably my all-time favorite --it is that beautiful. I just... I can't connect with it.

It really is a beautiful deck. Made me wonder. Can a deck be too beautiful to be usefull? Everything is in the eye of the beholder of course. I can easily see that a deck you think is horrible can be difficult to interpret but I wonder if not a beautiful deck also can be distracting.

Chronata

There have been a few over the years.

The worst are the ones that I got really excited about, but turned out to be difficult to connect with after a few readings. ( I always try to read with each one at least twice before I come to conclusions)

The Gilded made me sad, because I still love the illustrations online. They just become flat on paper, and I can't find my way inside a flat world.

The Tarot of the New Vision made me angry. I was initially very excited to see what was on the other side of my beloved cards, but so many seemed absolutely wrong to me.

journeyinghome

I've made more than my fair share of mistakes with decks. Illuminati being one - so bright it stings! Ŵild Unknown - too sad. Good decks, but not for me.

Lilianne

Topical as the deck came up elsewhere recently, I think the one I wasted money on was the New Orleans Voodoo. I'm not a reader except very casually but I hoped it could be used in meditation. I was wrong. It could be that I wasn't inspired by the art or that the symbolism didn't add up - it's Majors are numbered traditionally but don't bind to the images.

Others have found it useable, however.

donnalee

Whoa, that is ugly. I clicked on the link, but with squinty eyes in case the details were clear, so I didn't take many hits points of damage. Poor cat though--I hope s/he didn't look at them too longg!

Shadowfox.

NO question, no contest. Fugly, unreadable and a ghastly box. And no possibility of connection even thinking ahead, given that some that looked hopeless at the time became favourites later... It's just one big NOTHING.

*shudder*

Annabelle - I thought you felt rather the same ? })

I've never had another deck I felt no possibility of connecting to (though the majors only Mars comes close for sheer EEEEW factor...! There are some cards you cannot hope to connect to in any life.)

Please do not click here if you are under 18, or at ALL sensitive...

I warned you !

donnalee

That reminds me of the I LIKE THE MOON song on that goof site which I can't quite recall now--it was very funny to me years back, and eventually maybe they used it for a Quiznos ad somehow--it's the same site that made Viking kittens etc. to illustrate thier songs. It may have been called something like rathergood dot com.

I remember a number of people un-raving about the Power Animal Tarot somey years back.

Check out the samples images and be mystified: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/power-animal/

CrystalSun

Fortunately i havent bought any worst deck yet but i remember almost doing the mistake on buying the Marseille and Osho Zen.

donnalee

I have found that the RJ Stewart Merlin deck is one I really wanted to like and find DEEP AND MEANINGFUL things about it, but even when reading for others I find it eh: such a complex astrological and celtic ye-olde system with very little explanation that I found of help. I also really actively dislike the words like 'Disaster' and 'Disappointment' etc. written on the bottom of some cards--not even all--since for me that disqualifies them for being useful for reading for others in person--why alarm people by having cards announcing 'Disaster' etc. show up, when you then look at his book and it hedges that and uses different language...? I'll keep it as a celtic and researched-by-him novelty, but am unlikely to use it again soon.