The Zombie Tarot

LadyDeborah

I had preordered this on Amazon, but just the other day when I was at Barnes & Noble, I did see it there. I was very surprised.

Metafizzypop

I'm not surprised Barnes & Noble has it. That's the store where I bought my Housewives Tarot, which is from the same publisher. if B&N can carry one deck from a publisher, they're likely to carry others.

shadowdancer

I have started to write my own zombie definition for each card. So far, 12 done. If Sulis is okay, I will post them in the study forum (my ramblings do stick to the traditional RWS system but obviously have a bit of a twist). If they are not allowed, I will still complete this, as I feel it will be something I can use in readings. It would be nice if I wasn't the only one to do this.. it isn't much of a study group with one person :D

I know we are still early in the year, but as it stands I think I would vote for this as my deck for 2012. It is going to take something special to beat it. I know The Gilded Tarot Royale will get many votes (and rightly so - it looks absolutely stunning), but I just think this has given me a new enthusiasm to see the lighter side of tarot and not to take myself too seriously. I am not sure there have been many decks to do that of late. I think having been through 42 earthquakes of magnitude 5 and over in the past 21 months, this deck is seriously raising my energy levels again by creating a lot of laughter in my household.

ETA take a magnifying glass to some of the cards. Even the newspaper smallprint on the 6 of wands has some nice touches to it, (names of the reporters...lol) and I love the wee swimming hat on the zombie from the 10 of cups.

Oh and as an aside - it will not be an easy one to trim. I am an avid trimmer, but this seriously making me hesitate. No bad thing to be honest. :D :D

ETA. The courts are fantastic. At long last I have a deck where the personality of the individual really does shine through because of what they are doing. No boring posing with their suit indicator in their hand. They have ATTITUDE. Love it.

HuskyChariot

I received my Zombie Tarot today and I am absolutely smitten!
I love the cardstock, it is stiff and matte and I predict it will soften over time.
The packaging is fantastic.... and I am rarely impressed by a box.
Looking through the cards for the first time I laughed out loud many times and was impressed with the original and intelligent take on the cards.
My initial favourites are: The Hermit, The Devil, Two of Cups, Nine of Cups, Seven of Swords, and the Queen of Swords.
The Six of Cups and The Nine of Swords are appropriately creepy.

I can see these cards giving quite deep readings in an amusing way... FUN!

I think the Housewives Tarot is next on my list!

blackrainbow

Mine has just arrived.

Le Fanu

Got mine. Love it. I wonder whether this is that rare thing; a deck that everyone likes. I cannot see what there is to not like in this deck. To be honest (simphex) I don't see this cardstock softening. I like the mattness of the cardstock, but I don't see it getting more flexible. I don't think it's the type. LOVE the imagery, the packaging, the humour, the wild touches, the morbidity.

photokat

It's an awesome deck, down to the touch.
Instant love!

RunningWild

I just picked mine up from the post office yesterday and I have to say that I was surprised by the size of the deck. I didn't check it out beforehand and so for some reason I was thinking that it would be roughly the same size as the Housewive's, which I also have.

I've been plodding through the lwb (yes, 'plodding', it's been a long week and everything is moving slow lol). I like it so far.

The cardstock is nice. I think this will be a fun deck to use at Halloween.

shadowdancer

The accompanying book is a little gem. It uses 50 words better than I ever could if you know what I mean. Each card's energy is perfectly and succinctly described. And by using appropriate zombie humour, makes it a lot easier to remember for beginners IMO. Sure, other books are larger and go into more detail but this one seems to hit the nail on the head and doesn't woffle unnecessarily.

When I first saw the deck I wasn't sure it would be appropriate for beginners. I am mellowing on that score, and in the main it is because of how good the book is. It would provide a great springboard to then elaborate further using other books on the market which do go into more detail. (Symbolism etc).

strings of life

It's an awesome deck, down to the touch.
Instant love!
Yes, instant love is a great way to describe it.

I'm in love with it. Instant favorite reading deck and art deck. I'll be spending a lot of time bonding with this one.

The card stock ranks up there with the best of them. Best $12 (via Amazon spent on a deck in ages.