Timing with TDM Camoin or Noblet...

yaraluna

I am still working with the TDM and I am looking into
how to tell "time" or the "timing of things in a reading. for example in 6 months, fall, winter, or days or soon, etc...

how do we do that with the TDM since it doesn't show as much "stuff" as the regularly used RW and other clones.

any help, tips, suggestions are appreciated.

thank you
yara

MaureenH

That's a good question. I know I read at least one comment and tried it within the last month but cannot remember! ugh. Too much info. I'll look around when I'm home later to see if I still have any info...could've been in a library book. boo hiss. Seems there are some clues like L'etoile pouring water while kneeling where the trees are leafed out...probably not winter there, but could be the evening of an event or one's life. Seems what I read had more to do with numbers though.

--------

I just looked around and don't see any hint of how I processed the idea before. It wasn't for me, it was with my neighbor who was asking about her grandson and she was wondering about a specific time-frame. I don't think I've asked any time-specific questions for myself. The idea of time in the Tarot fascinates me, though. What happens when time or its absence mingles with my molecules when I step into the card, etc. Anyway, sorry for being no help, but lots of someones on here must have methods to offer you, I would think.

yaraluna

thanks for the reply. i hope to see Paul around here sometime and see what he says.
my case was a reading -quick- i did for a friend and she wanted to know the time frame of what i had said. bummer! i thought.

anyone else has an idea about it?

thanks
yara

EnriqueEnriquez

For me it is all about finding the analogy between the cards and some time reference. The Star at the end of a spread could be fall. The Sun would be summer. More active cards at the beginning of a sequence would indicate things developing very fast while having active cards towards the end of a sequence would represent a process evolving slowly. All this keeping in mind that tarot’s timing is more qualitative than quantitative.

Best,

EE

yaraluna

EnriqueEnriquez said:
For me it is all about finding the analogy between the cards and some time reference. The Star at the end of a spread could be fall. The Sun would be summer. More active cards at the beginning of a sequence would indicate things developing very fast while having active cards towards the end of a sequence would represent a process evolving slowly. All this keeping in mind that tarot’s timing is more qualitative than quantitative.

Best,

EE

as always EE, your sharing enlightens the path more. coming from a RWS based symbolism mixed with intuition, Marseilles time frames froze me a bit. looking at it from your perspective, it is indeed an interesting -and intuitive-way of looking at it. i will practice more later on and share here.

gracias!!

Paul

Indeed, I have found Time to be a squirrelly thing with Tarot.

I have experimented with Astrological Correspondences, Planetary Hours and Days in order to really nail it down, but found Enrique’s advice to be true.
With the TdM, I look for salient images (perhaps the last card in a row if timing is of any issue or the major question), or perhaps surrounding cards confirm the event while the remaining card its timing. Something corresponds to a Time Anchor—this might be a season, a carnival, a birthday, an anniversary, a place that will be visited during that time, etc.

I know Kris Hadar has a system of reading time using the Moon and Sun cards in the TdM along with a card paired with them.

eugim

Hello Yaraluna....
I think or feel better that each one must seach he or she s own deck...
Surelly takes a time,in the middle at one specially time when you don t suspect,ou will find you re deck surely.
Some people say that the best deck is that what you have,I don t think so..
I love my cats too much,but may be they were too "friendly". (All of them)

Eugim

yaraluna

thank you all for your replies. gracias EE y eugim de argentina

my reading for my friend was a bit challenging b/c it was unexpected. we're having a chat and coffee and next thing i know he wants a reading. however, he has never had a reading before and was quite loud through the whole thing-as if joking, or not taking it seriously- which annoyed me a bit. then one of the main things that put me off was that he said i "know him too much" ....just b/c the cards showed what he is going through-which is what he asked anyway. THEN, on top of that, he wanted the TIMING of things!!!

gee!

i SAW the timing, but i couldn't put it into words. know what i mean?

thanks....will practice, practice

yara

EnriqueEnriquez

yaraluna said:
i SAW the timing, but i couldn't put it into words. know what i mean?

Absolutely. It is frustrating and encouraging at once.

Nice!

EE