Today's Featured Deck :D

blue_fusion

Leaving aside that I can't even say the name of this deck it's one of my favorites. The art is nice and it's not an usual mass-media type deck. It also reads well (at least for me it does).

The art's beautiful ang luminous. Does yours shuffle well? I remember mine creased easily when I was handling the cards (not even shuffling them!).

Scarlet Woodland

Oooh I rather like that... reminds me of those silver foil etching kit thingies from when I was little.

Wonder what the 3 of cups looks like if that's the 10 of wands.

rylla

Swietlistej Drogi Tarot

The art's beautiful ang luminous. Does yours shuffle well? I remember mine creased easily when I was handling the cards (not even shuffling them!).

I don't use them but occasionally and I am a very careful 'shuffler'. Besides you have to shuffle the cards a lot to mix them well; instead I just lay down 7 cards, place the next seven at random on top of them, so on, I gather and just shuffle them a few time. Mine didn't creese, maybe it's a different edition? Mine is an old one (not sure if there were more than one edition though).

earthair

Modern Medieval

I don't use them but occasionally and I am a very careful 'shuffler'. Besides you have to shuffle the cards a lot to mix them well; instead I just lay down 7 cards, place the next seven at random on top of them, so on, I gather and just shuffle them a few time. Mine didn't creese, maybe it's a different edition? Mine is an old one (not sure if there were more than one edition though).

Which segues on nicely to today's deck, another deck which was bendy straight out of the box for me. I do love the faces on the people though- 4 Pents always makes me chuckle. Coincidently I was using this deck tonight before I came here to discover it was deck du jour :bugeyed:

Edit- I meant to quote blue_fusion.

blue_fusion

I think maybe there might be more than one edition. A big maybe on that. I got mine I think back in '08/'09 so I'm not sure if that's an old or a new one. It could also be because the cards are bigger than average - though I still got the impression that the card stock itself was on the crease-y side.

Same here!
I find it rather interesting

The deck was a bit popular some years back, at least people here were raving about it then. The art really is nice. One gets the impression of a match struck inside an unlit room.

urbandryad

Today's deck is the Soul Express oracle deck. These cards are gorgeous, or at least I think so, but they also remind me of greeting cards or the postcards you find in museum gift shops? X) Whatever the case, they are beautiful. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/soul-express/

Madrigal

Soul Express

I saw these yesterday on the featured deck id. The link takes you to the artist's website which is in Danish? Swedish? At any rate I couldn't find a link other than her email to find out about prices. Lovely, evocative work.

Laura Borealis

I'm not a mod obviously, but just a request - could people name the deck they are talking about? Trying to catch up on the thread after a week or two, I don't know what is "dark but nice" and what's "luminous" etc. because they are not named. It's not a big deal, but it would be nice :)

ETA I don't mean you two. urbandryad named it and Madrigal is clearly commenting on urbandryad's post.

blue_fusion

the Drogi

I'm not a mod obviously, but just a request - could people name the deck they are talking about? Trying to catch up on the thread after a week or two, I don't know what is "dark but nice" and what's "luminous" etc. because they are not named. It's not a big deal, but it would be nice :)

ETA I don't mean you two. urbandryad named it and Madrigal is clearly commenting on urbandryad's post.

So sorry! :D It was the Drogi! I keep on forgetting to put the title of the deck I'm referring to in a reply. Look it up. It'really beautiful. :)

ETA: Maybe people assumed that when someone names the deck the first time, people can comment on it till someone names the next deck? :D looking back, yes it does seem a bit confusing to read, especially when one's just dropping by on a thread for a bit. :D