Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

schizandra

I'm currently blacking the edges of my non-gilded Ciro Marchetti decks! They look gorgeous. I'll post a group pic when I'm done, but here's an in-progress shot of my special edition Gilded Tarot!

P.s. And if someone could help me figure out why my photo uploaded upside down, I'd really appreciate it. :) It's not upside down on my device (iPad) so I'm not sure why it's uploading that way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 182

MaeWasteland

Those look great, L! :thumbsup:

Just what Padma said.

And, by the way, I love your handle. It makes me think of a steampunk Mae West, in a skintight uniform, piloting an airship.... :D

Thanks :D It's actually the name of the first character I played in Fallout 3 - a retrofuturistic post-apocalyptic RPG so it's kind of... not that, but also not entirely dissimilar to that, in a way! There's an airship in the latest game, too :D

I've done three of my cards so far (trying to do 2-3 a day so my arms don't fall off, I can't do a lot of repetitive/gripping type things, yay fibro) and they're definitely not 100% even, but I like them a lot :) The design on the backs is pretty, too, I just need to figure out how to upload the pic I took... (I don't think I can upload them directly here, so I need to get them off my phone to my PC, then find my login for imgur or photobucket.)

schizandra

My finished black-edge special edition Gilded Tarot!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 170

schizandra

And my black-edged special edition Legacy of the Divine Tarot :) Doesn't it look like this is the way it's supposed to look?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 171

Padma

Oh wow, Schizandra! Those look freaking AWESOME! :D You must be so pleased with your work! :)

feynrir

Dark Goddess!

For me, the Dark Goddess Tarot cries to be trimmed, at least by a bit. My poor wee little hands!

Has anyone trimmed this one? Please let me know. :) Pics will help, too. Thank you!

TarotRNJess

I am sure it has already been noted somewhere in here, but after trimming my Druidcraft the edges are kind of yucky-they are pretty much even but flake off pieces if cardstock. What do you all suggest for making them stop flaking and just overall nicer?

FLizarraga

I am sure it has already been noted somewhere in here, but after trimming my Druidcraft the edges are kind of yucky-they are pretty much even but flake off pieces if cardstock. What do you all suggest for making them stop flaking and just overall nicer?
That usually happens when your cutting tools are not sharp enough. A little once-over with fine-grit sandpaper should leave them right as rain.

TarotRNJess

That usually happens when your cutting tools are not sharp enough. A little once-over with fine-grit sandpaper should leave them right as rain.
Thank you :)

AJ

Mary El

Attachments

• mary el for AJ.jpg
    mary el for AJ.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 888