two Lenormand books in English found at Amazon........

Astraea

It is a really pretty deck, Nina -- love the colors!

Nina*

Astraea said:
It is a really pretty deck, Nina -- love the colors!
Do you have it, Astraea?

I'd love to know how the cardstock is...

Lee

Wow, this thread is great! After reading it, I went to Amazon and ordered the Mystical Lenormand and Silvie's book, and I'm looking forward to both.

-- Lee

Sylvie Steinbach

The Lenormand deck must be recognized as one of the greatest oracles of all!

I am more than happy to answer questions related to the Lenormand deck and the book I wrote. It is a life mission to promote the expansion and knowledge regarding this oracle. My intention is to energize the popularity of the deck in the Anglo-Saxon world. Yes my book applies to any Lenormand deck with 36 cards. It is a different approach to the static panoramic spread -my aunt used that one though. And it is a technique to promote psychic abilities as well. I will check that forum regularly and will help anyone who needs some guidance. Thanks sylvie.

Nina*

Lee said:
Wow, this thread is great! After reading it, I went to Amazon and ordered the Mystical Lenormand and Silvie's book, and I'm looking forward to both.
Isn't it!!?!!

I hope you'll love both! I do (well, I love a lot of Lenormands by now after only a few weeks, but...). :D

Sylvie Steinbach

Fyi

Here my personal collection:

Oracle Lenormand from Lo Scarabeo,
Jeu Lenormand,
Mystical Lenormand,
JMC Lenormand, blue back with playing cards
Tatiana Fortune cards, yes it is a Lenormand even if they took credit for it when they should not.

I used to have more but could not keep this inventory. I gave some to my clients and students.

Sylvie Steinbach

Nina*

Which one do you use most, Sylvie?

My collection:

Blue Owl
Astrologishe
Dondorf (French Cartomancy)
Mystical
and on it's way: Isabels Traum

So far I like the Blue Owl best.

I think...

Astraea

Nina* said:
Do you have it, Astraea?

I'd love to know how the cardstock is...
No, I've only seen scans but I think it has a good sincere vibe about it and it's visually attractive -- especially the vibrant colors.

Astraea

Sylvie Steinbach said:
I am more than happy to answer questions related to the Lenormand deck and the book I wrote. It is a life mission to promote the expansion and knowledge regarding this oracle. My intention is to energize the popularity of the deck in the Anglo-Saxon world. Yes my book applies to any Lenormand deck with 36 cards. It is a different approach to the static panoramic spread -my aunt used that one though. And it is a technique to promote psychic abilities as well. I will check that forum regularly and will help anyone who needs some guidance. Thanks sylvie.
Sylvie, you are so generous with your time and knowledge, thank you!

I like the static panoramic spread the best of the ones I've tried, but then I have a Saturnine personality and structure suits me.

Hi Lee, it's great you've ordered the Mystical and Sylvie's book!

faunabay

Sylvie Steinbach said:
It is perfectly OK to draw the entire deck until you find your key card. What is important is the cards around that key card. Now if you 'flash' on a serie of cards before getting to the key card, don't disgard. Take notes of what they are trying to convey. Always do a 'double checking' reading: meaning do another draw from scratch on the same topic/question if you need some confirmation. You won't get the same cards on the same row usually -sometimes you do but the message should be similar with additional info not found on the first one. Then you know for sure that is the message. Now you can get the key card very early on to create that 5 card picture showed on the book. It could be the result of very good concentration or you have asked a clear question or the Universe's will to answer you - or the combination of all 3! Having the key card showing at the end of the deck is not a negative sign. It is just the way it has to be... The more you practice the more this 'no lay out' system gets easier and more extraordinary as you can enter the 'zone' a different state of mind conducive to visions, insights and spiritual connections. Hope this helps... :) Sylvie

So it's OK to ask the same question again? With tarot, mostly people say NOT to do that.
Anyway I did another few readings this morning which worked out wonderfully. Very informative and accurate. But I tried a third one which didn't seem to "flow" and the charged card didn't come up until the next to last card - there was only one card after it. That one didn't feel right. So I just scrapped the that particular reading.
I'm loving the no lay out was of reading. It's easy to pick up and you (I) don't get overwhelmed trying to understand a bunch of cards.