two Lenormand books in English found at Amazon........

faunabay

Nina* said:
I just ordered Isabels Traum! It looks absolutely stunning!

I think that one looks wonderful. I have to be careful here not to order too many all at once - get to know the ones I have already. Then maybe I can order 10 more!!!! LOL

faunabay

Lee said:
Wow, this thread is great! After reading it, I went to Amazon and ordered the Mystical Lenormand and Silvie's book, and I'm looking forward to both.

-- Lee

Lee, the Mystical Lenormand is just breathtaking. The artwork is amazing. And Sylvie's book is just what I needed to get started with the lenormand decks!! You won't be disappointed with either!!

Edited to add:
I really need to learn how to quote more than one person in the same reply post. (giggle)

Nina*

faunabay said:
I think that one looks wonderful. I have to be careful here not to order too many all at once - get to know the ones I have already. Then maybe I can order 10 more!!!! LOL
Yes, I basically know what you mean, but with Lenormand decks most of them are the same anyway (same symbols) so getting to know one is almost as getting to know them all.... I figured. :D

faunabay

Nina* said:
Yes, I basically know what you mean, but with Lenormand decks most of them are the same anyway (same symbols) so getting to know one is almost as getting to know them all.... I figured. :D

I'll just keep telling myself that!!!! ROFL That I don't need any more new decks because they're pretty much all the same. :D

It's funny though, I love, love, love the Mystical Lenormand. It's beautiful, but I'm connecting more with the Blue Owl. As you know though, I've only had them both for about a week. LOL But right off the bat I connected with the blue owl for readings. I want to take the mystical out to ohhh and ahhh over the artwork, but for the moment I want to do the readings with my blue owl. (shrug)

Lee

Hi to my old friends Astraea and faunabay!

I originally became interested in Lenormand decks several years ago when I bought the Titania deck. I liked the concepts but found the deck to be visually uninspiring.

Then I found scans of a beautiful deck, which seemed to only be available from the artist or author, in Germany if I remember correctly. I tried e-mailing her and she responded, but we never seemed able to communicate enough to finish the ordering process. I wrote about it here at the time, but I've just done a search and can't find those posts and can't remember the name of the deck. The images had a beautiful storybook quality.

I really liked scans that I saw of the Lenormand Tzigane, but when I tried to order it from an American retailer (don't remember who), instead they sent a different Lenormand. I don't even know what it's known as. It's little, and it comes in a red box and the title is "Lenormand Fortune Telling Cards". The backs are red, white and blue plaid, and the playing card images are enclosed in a circle, and there are English verses. The retailer apologized, said they couldn't obtain the Tzigane, and credited me back my money and told me to keep the deck. But I was disappointed and put the deck away.

I think the old-fashioned decks are charming, but I don't feel moved to use them. I love playing cards, but I think I prefer Lenormand decks without the playing card images. And I definitely don't want verses. The artwork on the Mystical, which I hadn't known about until I read this thread today, looks like the kind that appeals to me greatly. If I were going to get an old-fashioned type deck, I'd probably go for the Lo Scarabeo one that has pictures but no playing cards and no verses, the "Lenormand Oracle".

I thought Titania's short book was not bad. It was my introduction to Lenormand decks and left me interested in what else was out there, so for that alone it was worthwhile. Now that Sylvie's book is on its way, I look forward to reacquainting myself with the world of Lenormand.

-- Lee

faunabay

Lee said:
Hi to my old friends Astraea and faunabay!
-- Lee

I know! We just haven't been hanging out in the same part of the forum for quite a while. I've missed talking to you. :*

Astraea

Hi Lee, it's so good to see you! Yes, the Mystical Lenormand is a beauty and I think you'll like it a lot. The LS Lenormand Oracle is a beauty, too. I've got both of them and am grateful for the underlying strata of truth supporting all the Lenormand designs!

Was this (http://www.lenormand-wahrsagekarten.de/astrologisches_lenormand.php) possibly the deck you were describing, the one you wanted to order but couldn't? Or this (http://www.lenormand-wahrsagekarten.de/lenormandkarten_isabels_traum.php)?

The Lenormand cards seem to me to speak to the archetypal level of human being in a way that is warm and inviting and accepting. And there's a style suitable for everyone, from those who prefer the images, alone, to folks who like playing cards and/or verses. Everyone is welcome at the party -- I love it!

Gavriela

I love my Astrologiches, don't read much with the Mystical. This is an Astrologisches week, but the Blue Owl is my stand-by. I know it has playing card insets (those can be useful in Lenormand, and not near as confusing as you might think if you've tried and given up on reading playing cards).

How can you not love the Blue Owl? It's so charming.

http://www.lenormand-wahrsagekarten.de/lenormandkarten_blaue_eule.php

If it was the Astrologisches you fancied, you might also like the Leidingkarten - it's an updated version of the Kipperkarten by the same artist.

http://www.esoterikshopping.de/view_product.php?product=kipperkarten02

The one you got sounds like the Carta Mundi. I'm not wild about that one either - kind of reminds me of the US Games Gypsy Fortunetelling Deck - which technically has nothing wrong with it except the gunky laminate these days, it's just not very aesthetically appealing - if you're going to do 52 cards, better to go with an Italian sibilla.

Gavriela

Nina* said:

You're right - once you can read one, you can read any of them. They're consistent in meaning, just a slightly different artwork style to each.

And if Sylvie can answer (I understand if she doesn't want to), for the kid here who doesn't have the book yet and it'll take forever to ship from America (I exaggerate, it probably won't take more than a couple months), what is a 'charged card'?

6 Haunted Days

faunabay said:
I'll just keep telling myself that!!!! ROFL That I don't need any more new decks because they're pretty much all the same. :D

It's funny though, I love, love, love the Mystical Lenormand. It's beautiful, but I'm connecting more with the Blue Owl. As you know though, I've only had them both for about a week. LOL But right off the bat I connected with the blue owl for readings. I want to take the mystical out to ohhh and ahhh over the artwork, but for the moment I want to do the readings with my blue owl. (shrug)

Reading all your very enthusiastic posts Faunabay (and everyone else's!) has made me very anxious to get that book, the Mystical and Blue Owl even more than I was before!! :) I think the book will really open the cards up for me, I've always been so drawn to them, but very lost in how to use and study them. I think that what is very exciting is that these little decks are so inexpensive, come in a dizzying array of gorgeous styles and since they are all essentially the same, learning the system, you can read with them all.

Soon I will get the book and the Mystical, I hope!