USA: The Next Three Months

Barleywine

Now that the immediate future has been settled for the moment (I think any remaining hopes to the contrary are pretty much wishful thinking; if any truly damaging cards were left to play, they would have been played since there's really no point in waiting), I did a 9-card square to look at where we go from here, using the Burning Serpent Oracle (but not the revised titles):

Book . . . . . Mountain . . . . . Garden

Heart . . . . . Storks . . . . . . . Stars

Ship . . . . . . Man . . . . . . . . . Mice

The central focus of the reading is "change." The Storks is a "positive-neutral" card, so it doesn't imply dire circumstances in the short term.

The overriding influences (Cards #1, 9, 3, 7) are shown by Book + Mice + Garden + Ship, which suggest that the public will receive an expensive and stressful education as the new "ship of state" gets underway.

The definition for Book + Mountain I like best in this context is "information is hard to gather." This could mean all kinds of stonewalling leading up to the inauguration. Another thought is that the Oath of Office is sworn on a Bible, so administering of the oath could be set back in some manner.

Mountain + Garden is another indicator of a "delayed meeting." This event may not come off on schedule, but I would expect to see the Coffin if it were to be stopped completely. It could also mean that the inauguration ceremony will be swarmed by protesters intent on blocking it. This fact alone could result in delays.

The line Heart + Storks + Stars looks like the "honeymoon" period every new administration gets after an inauguration. However, Heart + Storks can literally mean "a change of heart," although the "evolving relationship" interpretation would be more usual. Storks + Stars suggests "making progress" or "positive change" (which would, of course, depend on whom you ask).

Downplaying its "travel" implications, I would see Ship + Man as an "enterprising man," although a "well-traveled man" isn't out of the question either. Any pledge to unite the American people would obviously involve a good deal of "pounding the pavement." I don't see much golfing in it.

Man + Mice makes me think that the Man's agenda will be diminished in some way, in this context probably through political maneuvering or obstructionism (in other words, "business as usual" in Washington). It suggests that part of what was promised won't be delivered.

Working down the columns, Book + Heart + Ship looks pretty innocuous to me; it suggests the "beginning of the honeymoon," even if it might be based on misinformation or misrepresentation.

Mountain + Storks + Man indicates something that was stalled is moving forward again, enabling a man who is intent on change.

Garden + Stars + Mice implies that public hopes are likely to be undermined.

Diagonally, Book + Storks + Mice could mean that changes made in secret result in anxiety. Since Mice connects to Garden in a couple of ways, my thought is that the public would receive the brunt of stressful change and discouragement.

Garden + Storks + Ship looks like growth in public affairs and change of venue for an enterprise. The literal meaning of Storks + Ship involves "change of residence" or "change of travel plans," but the former will already have happened and the latter doesn't seem to fit the context.

This isn't an encouraging outlook, either for the public at large or the anti-Trump forces who are still holding on to hope. Once the next administration is in place (regardless of who is leading it), I will do a GT to look at this in detail.

Amanda

Ship . . . . . . Man . . . . . . . . . Mice

Month 1:
Book + Heart + Ship -- Sworn oath; man's ship coming in.
Book + Mountain + Garden -- Secrets blocked (nothing comes out); frustrated public.

Month 2:
Mountain + Storks + Man -- Country changes management.
Heart + Storks + Stars -- Man/promising better future.

Month 3:
Garden + Stars + Mice -- Not sure how to articulate this one; it /feels/ like: 'reality t.v. star' (Garden + Star) and 'loss of respect' (Star + Mice).
Ship + Man + Mice -- Business man loses; alternatively, loss of business with a foreign man.

Additionally, the Heart + Mice knight, Mountain + Mice knight, while the Mice are next to the Man. Feels like heart problems: high cholesterol/blockages -- that might extend beyond the three months however, as Man=April and Heart=August.

Barleywine

Month 1:
Book + Heart + Ship -- Sworn oath; man's ship coming in.
Book + Mountain + Garden -- Secrets blocked (nothing comes out); frustrated public.

Month 2:
Mountain + Storks + Man -- Country changes management.
Heart + Storks + Stars -- Man/promising better future.

Month 3:
Garden + Stars + Mice -- Not sure how to articulate this one; it /feels/ like: 'reality t.v. star' (Garden + Star) and 'loss of respect' (Star + Mice).
Ship + Man + Mice -- Business man loses; alternatively, loss of business with a foreign man.

Additionally, the Heart + Mice knight, Mountain + Mice knight, while the Mice are next to the Man. Feels like heart problems: high cholesterol/blockages -- that might extend beyond the three months however, as Man=April and Heart=August.

Thanks, Amanda. The possibility of health problems came up in another reading on a related topic. But here I was more interested in the "state of the union" than of the man. I was thinking of the Man more as the "Office of President" than as the individual. I tend not to use knighting in anything but the GT.

I see Garden here simply as "public" in all its combinations. I don't see the public coming out great in any of them, and at best neutral. I will need to do the GT for the next year to get a better feel for that.

I like the way you partitioned the months; I haven't seen that before since I don't normally use timing with Lenormand. I largely agree with your Month 1 and Month 2 observations. For Month 3, I was after the public consequences.

Amanda

Thanks, Amanda. The possibility of health problems came up in another reading on a related topic. But here I was more interested in the "state of the union" than of the man. I was thinking of the Man more as the "Office of President" than as the individual. I tend not to use knighting in anything but the GT.

I rarely do GT's. Actually, I rarely do the Square of 9, but perhaps slightly more than the number of GT's I do. :D

I see Garden here simply as "public" in all its combinations. I don't see the public coming out great in any of them, and at best neutral. I will need to do the GT for the next year to get a better feel for that.

Mountain + Garden certainly shows a "frustrated" public -- that one came across pretty strong to me. I think it ties in nicely to your interpretation of protestors swarming the ceremony and perhaps blocking or delaying it. Another interpretation that came to mind for these two cards was "public enemy."

I like the way you partitioned the months; I haven't seen that before since I don't normally use timing with Lenormand. I largely agree with your Month 1 and Month 2 observations. For Month 3, I was after the public consequences.

I normally don't break up the Square of 9 this way; it is a method to break up the GT typically, however. I just find the standard way(s) of interpreting the Square of 9 a bit 'much'... yours isn't as much as the method I have primarily followed (Rana George, I think?) where the interpretation ends with interpreting cards 1, 8, 3 and then 7, 2, 9 (or the other way around, I can't remember at the moment).

Also, I had a feeling that the Heart (J:heart:) actually had more to do with Trump than the Man card. Not that he is a particular Heart-type of person, but perhaps his 'desire' was coming across to me here; with the Ship following it (and ending the line) it seemed like a longing and a 'coming about' - that is, getting what he wants. I'm not sure how your Book looks/reads, but I tend to read it with the idea that a closed spine is to the left (or closed from above) and the open-side to the right (or that open influence goes below) -that is, if the book is not open at all. If the book is open, then I tend to read it as open/available, or obviously 'known' information.

I think I focused more on the man because of the Man card at the center of the bottom line; if a literal man does not actually take ill here, then it could simply be the position of the President of the United States is undermined which would have public consequences surely. The Star felt more 'certain' to me, like an accurate prediction/future outcome -- with the Garden + Mice surrounding it, perhaps civil unrest... the Star would point to the north.

I don't know, just some more thoughts to consider! :) I'm still not keeping up with information surrounding Trump or what's going on 'out there' in our country aside from the headlines I tend to catch snippets of when I open my webpage browser and the funny memes people have posted to Facebook.

Barleywine

I rarely do GT's. Actually, I rarely do the Square of 9, but perhaps slightly more than the number of GT's I do. :D

Mountain + Garden certainly shows a "frustrated" public -- that one came across pretty strong to me. I think it ties in nicely to your interpretation of protestors swarming the ceremony and perhaps blocking or delaying it. Another interpretation that came to mind for these two cards was "public enemy."

I normally don't break up the Square of 9 this way; it is a method to break up the GT typically, however. I just find the standard way(s) of interpreting the Square of 9 a bit 'much'... yours isn't as much as the method I have primarily followed (Rana George, I think?) where the interpretation ends with interpreting cards 1, 8, 3 and then 7, 2, 9 (or the other way around, I can't remember at the moment).

Also, I had a feeling that the Heart (J:heart:) actually had more to do with Trump than the Man card. Not that he is a particular Heart-type of person, but perhaps his 'desire' was coming across to me here; with the Ship following it (and ending the line) it seemed like a longing and a 'coming about' - that is, getting what he wants. I'm not sure how your Book looks/reads, but I tend to read it with the idea that a closed spine is to the left (or closed from above) and the open-side to the right (or that open influence goes below) -that is, if the book is not open at all. If the book is open, then I tend to read it as open/available, or obviously 'known' information.

I think I focused more on the man because of the Man card at the center of the bottom line; if a literal man does not actually take ill here, then it could simply be the position of the President of the United States is undermined which would have public consequences surely. The Star felt more 'certain' to me, like an accurate prediction/future outcome -- with the Garden + Mice surrounding it, perhaps civil unrest... the Star would point to the north.

I don't know, just some more thoughts to consider! :) I'm still not keeping up with information surrounding Trump or what's going on 'out there' in our country aside from the headlines I tend to catch snippets of when I open my webpage browser and the funny memes people have posted to Facebook.

Thanks for elaborating. The Book in the Burning Serpent is wide-open, so if that means the secrets are revealed, it would come about in the first month (February time-frame).

The idea of the Office of President being devalued by the Mice is a good, literal interpretation. Maybe "cheapened" is a better word.

The Heart and Star surrounding the Storks suggested a positive direction to me, taken by itself. Bringing knighting into the picture, it does look like some of the public will be "heartened" while other factors (Garden+Star+Mice, as you noted) will work against any kind of benefit accruing from it.

I use andybc's method (sure wish he was still here) from Lenormand, 36 Cards. The center, the corners, the horizontal and vertical lines, and the diagonal lines. That's plenty. I remember the triangular method you mention, but it seems a bit much. There is also a kind of "zig-zag" approach (2-6-5-4-8 and 2-4-5-6-8) that I've seen but don't use.

zannamarie

Barleywine said:
The overriding influences (Cards #1, 9, 3, 7) are shown by Book + Mice + Garden + Ship, which suggest that the public will receive an expensive and stressful education as the new "ship of state" gets underway.

I thought one of the key meanings of Book is secrets? Secrets could be undermining the public's trust of the new "ship". There will be turnover in Congress that happens just at the start of the year and some members in Congress seem to be getting quite vocal about making changes (SS and medicare) which seem to be at odds with what the President-elect had promised.

Book-Mountain-Garden could be speaking about the hacking investigations. From a security standpoint, I would guess that not all the info could be made public (garden).

Ship-Man-Mice -- I think Ship also refers to overseas travel and given the interactions (phone calls/twitter) with regards to the President-elect and China, this could refer to nagging problems in that area. China has already indicated more than once that they are aware Obama is still President and they will take Trump more seriously once he is officially inaugurated.

Book-Heart-Ship -- A secret heart's desire will have movement. I think there's quite a bit that's not yet been said and we will learn more after the new administration takes office.

Barleywine said:
The literal meaning of Storks + Ship involves "change of residence" or "change of travel plans," but the former will already have happened
Why do you say this will have already happened? Your timeframe was the next three months, so a change of residence will happen during that timeframe, although Trump has indicated he plans to go back and forth and not stay full-time in the White House. Or do you take line 3 to be the third month? I presumed the entire spread was for the Jan-Feb-Mar timeframe, but maybe that is my error.

Barleywine

I guess I wasn't entirely clear that I was talking about the three months post-inauguration, so that would make it end of January through end of April.

Another meaning for the Book I've picked up is "education," as in learning something that is presently unknown. Putting it together with the Storks and the Mice looks like changes happening in secret that are stressful or discouraging. Since the focus of the reading is on the effect on the public, not on the Office of President, I took it as an indication of an unpleasant lesson being learned.

To me, the Mountain following the Book looks like an attempt to stall the release of any hidden information signified by the Book, resulting in public frustration.

Although I thought of it, I can't see Trump doing any overseas traveling while he's still trying to pull things together domestically, so I concentrated on the "enterprise" meaning of the Ship. I figured I would wait until I do the GT to look at broader aspects of the next year. My belief is that he will have his hands full with containing erosion to his more ambitious/unrealistic campaign promises.

With Book-Heart-Ship, it's not clear to me whose secret desires would be involved. Any "secrets" would seem to be more of the unsavory variety, unless it means a heartfelt desire to get those behind him and move on.

Thanks for the input!

zannamarie

I guess I wasn't entirely clear that I was talking about the three months post-inauguration, so that would make it end of January through end of April.
Congress, with its new members, is back in session at the beginning of the month, so I didn't realize you meant the inauguration as the start point.

I was thinking the ship would be related to something overseas and not necessarily overseas travel. However, I see that I did use the phrase 'overseas travel'. Oops.

Barleywine

Congress, with its new members, is back in session at the beginning of the month, so I didn't realize you meant the inauguration as the start point.

I was thinking the ship would be related to something overseas and not necessarily overseas travel. However, I see that I did use the phrase 'overseas travel'. Oops.

On the other hand, Ship + Man + Mice could mean that he has to divest himself of his business enterprises to some extent. It will be interesting to see how he tries to shelter them so he has something to return to.

DownUnderNZer

Ship . . . . . . Man . .. . ....Mice

Book + Mice + Garden + Ship, which suggest that the public will receive an expensive and stressful education as the new "ship of state" gets underway.

How do you get "expensive" at all? There is no financial cards or is it just your use of words.

This is how I see it:

I would have thought Jan/Feb/March too.

Book + Mountain + Garden

Certain information or revelations are being withheld from the public and at an extensive level.

So, it could be nationally as well as global.

What is it to do with? Storks.

Up and coming changes, a shift, and/or movement possibly to do with what is at the heart of the matter (Heart) and something connected to technology which could be anything from Cyberspace to NASA etc. (Stars).

"Hope" and a "wish fulfilled" could be a part if it too.

Ship + Man + Mice

What is not known or being kept (first line) could be to do with a particular "male foreigner " if not Trump himself.

Whoever the male in question is - is enough to cause concern because with the MICE at the end it signifies a deterioration, stress, and worries that are not usually repairable.

So, those 3 months are about certain changes/movement being kept from the public to do with a foreign male or foreign connection possibly involving technology of some kind and/or something really hoped for.

Just my two cents worth.

DND :)