USA: The Next Three Months

zannamarie

At least one of his latest tweets about the protests was written in a non offensive manner and was actually mature.
Which means it was most likely done by staff and not by him. The one before that one asking 'why didn't all these people vote' sounded more like it was actually his.

The President does have some power to create 'laws' in what are called Presidential Orders. Trump has already signed several.

The big issue on health care reform will have to go through Congress because it impacts an existing law, so he can't change that through a Presidential Order.

zannamarie

To me, the Mountain following the Book looks like an attempt to stall the release of any hidden information signified by the Book, resulting in public frustration.
This sounds like Trump's refusal to release his tax returns even though he promised to do so.

Right after the inauguration, a White House petition was created requesting he make public his tax returns. It garnered the required 100,000 signatures within 24 hours which should mean the White House would respond to the request (which does not mean do the request, but to at least recognized the request is there and give a response). Trump's spin-master, Kellyanne Conway, mentioned yesterday in an interview that Trump would not release his returns.

It's now approximately 72 hours since the petition was first posted and there are over 275,000 signatures on it.

Barleywine

This sounds like Trump's refusal to release his tax returns even though he promised to do so.

Right after the inauguration, a White House petition was created requesting he make public his tax returns. It garnered the required 100,000 signatures within 24 hours which should mean the White House would respond to the request (which does not mean do the request, but to at least recognized the request is there and give a response). Trump's spin-master, Kellyanne Conway, mentioned yesterday in an interview that Trump would not release his returns.

It's now approximately 72 hours since the petition was first posted and there are over 275,000 signatures on it.

Wasn't that petition thing put in place by Obama? If so, I can see Trump scrapping it.

ETA: Yup, here's the wiki description. It started in 2011. Doesn't look like a way to force the President to do anything.

"We the People, launched September 22, 2011, is a section of the whitehouse.gov website for petitioning the administration's policy experts."

zannamarie

Wasn't that petition thing put in place by Obama? If so, I can see Trump scrapping it.

ETA: Yup, here's the wiki description. It started in 2011. Doesn't look like a way to force the President to do anything.

"We the People, launched September 22, 2011, is a section of the whitehouse.gov website for petitioning the administration's policy experts."
Trump transition team scrapped a lot of web pages the very first day, but they've left this one there. Given how he made a very specific point in his inaugural speech about how he was giving the government back to the people, keeping this page would back up his words with some action.

The petitions are requests to the White House; they are not "a way to force the President to do anything".

He had said a number of times that no one or only the press was interested in seeing the tax returns. I signed the petition as a way to let him know that citizens are interested in seeing his tax returns and as a reminder that he did promise to release them.

Barleywine

Trump transition team scrapped a lot of web pages the very first day, but they've left this one there. Given how he made a very specific point in his inaugural speech about how he was giving the government back to the people, keeping this page would back up his words with some action.

The petitions are requests to the White House; they are not "a way to force the President to do anything".

He had said a number of times that no one or only the press was interested in seeing the tax returns. I signed the petition as a way to let him know that citizens are interested in seeing his tax returns and as a reminder that he did promise to release them.

Interesting. That must have been a calculated move for just the reasons you mention. If the wiki listing is accurate, only the White House "policy experts" (aka "flunkies") will ever see the petition. That notwithstanding, it is a departure from conventional practice to withhold a President's tax returns. But then, there's still some doubt about the legitimacy of Obama's birth certificate. ;)

DownUnderNZer

Read ZannaMarie's post in one of your other threads, so this could tie in with Russia, Ukraine, Trump towers, and oil even if none of it pans out in proof.

Foreign male/connection and technology.
Also, industrial I suppose.

DND :)

How do you get "expensive" at all? There is no financial cards or is it just your use of words.

This is how I see it:

I would have thought Jan/Feb/March too.

Book + Mountain + Garden

Certain information or revelations are being withheld from the public and at an extensive level.

So, it could be nationally as well as global.

What is it to do with? Storks.

Up and coming changes, a shift, and/or movement possibly to do with what is at the heart of the matter (Heart) and something connected to technology which could be anything from Cyberspace to NASA etc. (Stars).

"Hope" and a "wish fulfilled" could be a part if it too.

Ship + Man + Mice

What is not known or being kept (first line) could be to do with a particular "male foreigner " if not Trump himself.

Whoever the male in question is - is enough to cause concern because with the MICE at the end it signifies a deterioration, stress, and worries that are not usually repairable.

So, those 3 months are about certain changes/movement being kept from the public to do with a foreign male or foreign connection possibly involving technology of some kind and/or something really hoped for.

Just my two cents worth.

DownUnderNZer

Shell companies.

Read ZannaMarie's post in one of your other threads, so this could tie in with Russia, Ukraine, Trump towers, and oil even if none of it pans out in proof.

Foreign male/connection and technology.
Also, industrial I suppose.

zannamarie

We're about half-way through the 3 month period and I was curious to see if any of the marches, travel ban, etc. had been in the cards.

Amanda said:
Mountain + Garden certainly shows a "frustrated" public -- that one came across pretty strong to me. I think it ties in nicely to your interpretation of protestors swarming the ceremony and perhaps blocking or delaying it.
Frustrated public has been seen with the travel ban, the immigration changes, the town halls, etc. That's definitely been a theme.

Barleywine said:
Man + Mice makes me think that the Man's agenda will be diminished in some way, in this context probably through political maneuvering or obstructionism
This could refer to either/and Flynn(resignation) and Sessions (recusal).

Barleywine said:
Downplaying its "travel" implications, I would see Ship + Man as an "enterprising man," although a "well-traveled man" isn't out of the question either. Any pledge to unite the American people would obviously involve a good deal of "pounding the pavement." I don't see much golfing in it.
LOL - been lots of golf and he's traveled to Florida four times, so far, to do it. (He's already spent as much on travel in 6 weeks than Obama averaged for an entire year. :bugeyed:)

Barleywine said:
Working down the columns, Book + Heart + Ship looks pretty innocuous to me; it suggests the "beginning of the honeymoon," even if it might be based on misinformation or misrepresentation.
Lots of "alternative facts" starting with day 2 of the administration and has become an unfortunate theme. It's about to the point that if he cried wolf, no one would believe him.

I think there was also mention in this thread about "cheapening the office of the president" and I think that's probably already happened. Congress seems to be turning a blind eye to things they never would have tolerated from any other President. :(

Barleywine

The agenda I was thinking of wasn't the political byplay of nominations and appointments, it was the things he promised on the campaign trail: immigration reform, Obamacare repeal, tax cuts, balanced budget, term limits, "drain the swamp." I would say the majority of those have already been compromised in some way.

Trump will have to go some to catch Obama at playing golf; Obama played more golf than any other president since Eisenhower (Quote: "During his eight years in the White House he played a total of 306 rounds of golf, more than any other president since Dwight Eisenhower.") But I wouldn't bet against Trump outdoing him.

I believe the GT I did for "Trump's First Year" gave a more accurate picture of this period of time. The three-month period of the present spread began on December 21, 2016.

zannamarie

When I gave my original feedback assuming the spread started with the start of the new year, you said:
I guess I wasn't entirely clear that I was talking about the three months post-inauguration, so that would make it end of January through end of April.
which is why I made the comment in my prior post about being 6 weeks into the time-frame. I'll make this my last post in this thread since it seems I am not able to properly determine the timeframe of the reading.

Barleywine said:
Trump will have to go some to catch Obama at playing golf; Obama played more golf than any other president since Eisenhower (Quote: "During his eight years in the White House he played a total of 306 rounds of golf, more than any other president since Dwight Eisenhower.") But I wouldn't bet against Trump outdoing him.
Obama didn't take vacation or do any golfing until late April of his first year in office. We haven't even reached that point yet in this presidency, so Trump is already ahead of Obama, both on vacations and golfing. Flying in Air Force 1 is expensive, so I am more irritated with the costs than the fact Trump is golfing or vacationing.