Using tarot to contact spirits

lark

l have never used tarot to contact those who have departed from this life or guides, so the following was quite an emotional and humbling experience.
Sitting quietly with my tarot l had the feeling that it would be so nice and reassuring to have a message from my long departed mum and dad. l know they have always been around me as l get the scent of roses very strongly when there is a life issue that worries me.
So l shuffled my cards and asked if they had a message for me and l drew 3 cards - Ace of Cups, the Empress and the Emperor, it was so amazing l stared at the cards for ages taking it all in. l use the Roots of Asia and there is a wealth of spiritual detail in each card. It would take forever to relay here the message l received, but wanted to share this wonderful and amazing experience with you :)
That is so beautiful...love when that happens.
I use the cards in medium readings just as Thoughtful as done here to get messages for clients.
Mostly the passed over loved ones will talk right to me...but sometimes you get someone who you know is there and they don't speak...so I'll ask if they would like to talk through the cards.
And they usually will.
Sometimes my clients will take a phone picture of the spread of cards because it is like a tangible, touchable message from their loved one.
Lenormand also works very well for this.

Thoughtful

Yes lark l never thought to do this with tarot, obviously l was being urged to do it. Now l shall incorporate it into my readings for other folk and see how it goes. My cards told me a while ago that l was going to develop something new with my readings work, just dawned on me this must be it. Quite exciting really.
l did have mediumistic gifts long ago but was too scared to pursue it as spirit would appear at all times of the night and day and startle me.
Now l can use it with my tarot cards which for me is less scary and a gift not totally lost.

mingbop

Tarot is psychic, you can see that there's spirits there but you can't have a conversation with them.. But some mediums (I used to do this) use the cards as a key, and then go on from there, into mediumship.
As far as I know channelling is just a newer word for mediumship but maybe in America it is something different. People seem to use it now for a lot of things. Pure mediumship is a direct contact and communication with a spirit, preferably with good evidence that the recipient can take.
And there is the old saying - "all mediums are psychic but not all psychics are mediums". :)

mingbop

Thoughtful, you're in control. You open the door when you want to work, ie when you want them to come and talk... and you close the door when you want to sleep. Mentally visualise a door in your mind, and hang a sign on it "OPEN" .... or not lol

Thoughtful

Thanks mingbop wish l had been able to talk to someone like you years ago when it was all happening :) But l am really happy now to know l can incorporate it in with tarot readings.
Yes you are right about all mediums are psychic not all psychics are mediums, l heard that a while ago.

Tanga

I don't think there's a clearly defined difference between channeling and mediumship.
But when I think of a medium - I'm thinking more of the kind of person who leads a seance, who's voice might alter to sound like the entity being "channelled" and that they may even produce ectoplasm.
Otherwise - one could call a Reiki practitioner a "channeller" - because that's exactly what they're doing - allowing themselves to be the vessel for the healing energy.

It's very common in some countries .. For example in Brazil it's a popular practice. It crosses the line towards voodoo though....

What's with "the crossing of the line" ? :)

In London - you can go to the college of Psychic Studies in Kensington and learn to be a medium. They don't teach Voodoun there - but teachers for Voodoun and other related practices can be found elsewhere.
A couple of months ago I went to an introductory lecture on Santeria/Lucumi, which is a Cuban form of "Voodoun" - if you like (though they may not like it described like this - but the roots are from West African practice, taken to the West through the slave routes originally).

After the "contacting the ancestors" thread - I now have a deck specifically for
spirits and ancestors - and use it to communicate with them. As an adjunct to what I've always done previously, which is just listen. Or sometimes "hear" something and after some puzzlement, work out that it's "them upstairs" telling me something.
:)
It's still a new practice, and I find it quite interesting.

Lareia

I've used cards to get additional clarification on what spirits have told me when they didn't give me enough information and I'm sure it'd be possible for me to talk to them like that in the first place. I'm clairaudient though; and even in the rare cases where I need a tool I'd rather use my pendulum. Less chance of misunderstandings. :D

himemiko

I use the cards regularly to contact spirits or deities that I can't get a hold of otherwise. There's a very specific spread I use for spirit/deity identification that has never failed me when trying to speak with or identify spirits. Ouija boards, in my experience, aren't the most common form of spirit communication (a few other spirit workers I know and myself use them frequently but many others are turned off by the idea due to pop culture) and it seems cards are or have become a popular form to communicate with.

Desecrated

This is the advice I was given, and I will pass it on.

Never summon anything that you can not banish.
Think about how to use the cards as a banishing method first.
If you can't figure it out, you're not ready.

mingbop

Mediumship to me is talking to your sitter's granny/sister/daughter/hubby.
Not scary, no summoning, no ectoplasm, no drama lol... just providing evidence of survival after physical death, and reuniting families. Such a lot of different views on here, it's very interesting :)