When is a chair, just a chair....

greatdane

Thank you, Ange!

That was such a lovely remark and I appreciate it.

I do get confused when tell me well, there's a thread for that already, as MOST threads I see here seem to be about topics that have been covered and I do look but don't find a thread that seems to fit. Plus I'm more interested in what people here, that I've come to know, are thinking right NOW. I would like the perspective of today, here and now, not that some older threads are not equally valuable and I DO want to read them, there's just so much. Things tend to change and information changes, so what someone posted a year ago, may have been expanded and added to the general consciousness here, so I like thoughts floating around in the present, if that makes sense.

Anyway, GLAD to have someone else here new too, Ange, and it's nice to not feel alone in trying to find info.

Have a blessed day and a blessed journey here,

GD

Alta

Moderator note:

Just to deal with this topic and get the thread back on track: Posters are welcome to start new threads on old topics. New people are daunted by long, older threads and fresh minds, fresh ideas. If longer time members wish to post links to older threads for info, that's fine. But please don't keep telling them that is only way.

I do agree with Grizabella that there is ton of info in older posts, some by members who have moved on, and it is worth searching, but not mandatory.

Thanks,
Alta
co-Moderator, Talking Tarot

SunChariot

Thank you Alta, that was good to see!!! I really appreciated that post:heart: I think we're here to make new members feel welcome and to show them goodwill and helpfulness. I've found it a bit disturbing when people tell new members to search first. Not mandatory as you said. We are here to make them feel welcome and to show them caring and welcome them to our family, not to make them feel guilty. When I started here at AT no one ever told anyone to search, and I find it a disturbing trend. That's no way to make a new member feel welcome.

And yes, what greatdane said. We are here to chat and interact together. AT is and should be (imho)more than a library of info. It is a place for sharing and social interaction. It's a place to talk to and share with others with similar interests, not a library.(although yes searching can be fun if that is what the member wants but I don't like the telling them that they should part). If someone does not feel like answering a question that has been asnwered elsewhere, no one is making them answer. They can ignore that post, but the others who want to be helpful and caring are still free to answer.

Babs

greatdane

Thank you, Alta and Babs!

I was starting to feel a little self-conscious about posting thinking there must be a thread or something I was missing. I am trying to post things in sections they should be in and I do try to search, but so appreciate all the people who have taken the time to answer my many questions!

With that said, back to when is a chair, just a chair....I have really enjoyed these posts because I like to read all different opinions and then that helps me form my own. Reading how others gauge if it is their intuition kicking in or they may be projecting or when looking up a possible meaning helps, ALL these tips are great for a newbie!

Blessings,
GD

SunChariot

...always on your side GT and you know it. :heart: But also I believe wholeheartedly in what I said.

Babs

MagsStardustBlack

An idea would be to start a little diary for all 78 (or however many) cards you have, a page for each card. Whenever you are studying or meditating on a card write down feelings, thoughts, images, colours, smells, memories even, that are trigered by the card you are looking into. This will tune in your intuition to that card and will enable you to strengthen your intuition and tune it to each card in your own personal way. As your studying progresses and your intuition grows with readings ect. you could add to your book as your journey through tarot continues. It'l be such a personal, preciouse little book that will grow with you. I'm planning doing this. I am new to tarot, but not to hearing and following my intuition. As your intuition strengthens, it will become clearer and easier to understand and trust.

You may recieve messages through feelings, imagery, shapes, colours, faces, words in your mind, dreams also are special and important, try to remember them. I also find alot of the time when i see things in my minds eye, i think "what on earth am i thinking or feeling, or seeing this for" within hours/days/weeks the answer or reason presents itself.

Trust your gut!!! Good luck xxMags

greatdane

Loved your post, Mags!

As someone who has an intuitive side already, and would trust that over possible mulitiple meanings in books, I was so interested in reading how you fine tune that intuition and the things you do that are helpful. I'm keeping your suggestions with my new deck!

Thank you so much for sharing that, Mags!

Blessings and may your day be positive, happy and joyful,
GD

MagsStardustBlack

greatdane said:
As someone who has an intuitive side already, and would trust that over possible mulitiple meanings in books, I was so interested in reading how you fine tune that intuition and the things you do that are helpful. I'm keeping your suggestions with my new deck!

Thank you so much for sharing that, Mags!

Blessings and may your day be positive, happy and joyful,
GD

When i bought my first deck, i did read the book on the meanings, i think there seems to be a standard meaning for the cards through out most decks, don't quote me, i may be wrong, i am not well read on the subject of tarot. But i think the point of the cards is to trigger your own intuition through the images and symbology. I'm possitive there will be many great books recomended on AT by insightfull people that will give you guidance and advice.

Listen to your thoughts and feelings! See past the darkness when you close your eyes and let your intuition unfold before you. See beyond the invisable veil. It will get stronger with time. I do believe there are also ways to do this constructively, such as vision quests and journeying into the cards. Although i have not done this in relation to tarot, i think it would be fun and exciting. Seek advice from the forum on these subjects if they interest you.

I am going to start my diary soon, so excited, let me know how you get on!!! Take care and best wishes xxMags.

greatdane

Thanks Mags!

I will keep all your advice in mind and appreciate it very much.

I have Tarot Plain and Simple as my first guide book. Unfortunately, the companion book I got with my first deck, confused more than helped me, but thank goodness, the artist (who DIDN't write the companion book) was kind enough to send me the link re HER notes, which do help alot.

I am going through and getting basic information and practicing, but as I wanted advice as to how to help tune into my intuition that I know is already there, and best channel and improve it, your advice came in very handy.

Many blessings,

GD

MagsStardustBlack

greatdane said:
That was such a lovely remark and I appreciate it.

I do get confused when tell me well, there's a thread for that already, as MOST threads I see here seem to be about topics that have been covered and I do look but don't find a thread that seems to fit. Plus I'm more interested in what people here, that I've come to know, are thinking right NOW. I would like the perspective of today, here and now, not that some older threads are not equally valuable and I DO want to read them, there's just so much. Things tend to change and information changes, so what someone posted a year ago, may have been expanded and added to the general consciousness here, so I like thoughts floating around in the present, if that makes sense.

Anyway, GLAD to have someone else here new too, Ange, and it's nice to not feel alone in trying to find info.

Have a blessed day and a blessed journey here,

GD

I so get this!!! With regards to finding threads!!! I have tried also to find info' i was looking for and couldn't get there, this place (virtual word) must be so so vast!! I stumbled around for ages, not a clue where i was going, still don't really lol....I ended up posting a question and to my suprise so many lovely and very knowledgable people were willing to answer and gave me great feed back. People who i am sure, had maybe already re-visited the subject i was asking about many times around. They made me feel so welcome. I feel so lucky that i found AT and THE FORUM!! I have never been into computers and the net, because i repell technology lol, but i feel right at home here!!! xxMags.