When is a chair, just a chair....

greatdane

couldn't have put it better, Mags!

I feel very at home here and it's only been about ten days! I had a few other sites I went to various topics, now, just this one! It is my virtual home.
My cards, my books, all wonderful, but AE is definitely a big part of my tarot journey.

I feel like we're all on a great road trip together!

GD

MagsStardustBlack

greatdane said:
I feel very at home here and it's only been about ten days! I had a few other sites I went to various topics, now, just this one! It is my virtual home.
My cards, my books, all wonderful, but AE is definitely a big part of my tarot journey.

[I feel like we're all on a great road trip together!]

GD

LOL!!! Me to, i'l bring the BBQ!!! A very insightful member said "travel the road, don't spend all your time analyzing the maps" or along that lines, i loved it!!

I haven't been on any other site's. I had been struggling with a crazy eratic and developing intuition for months. Then one day, a couple of months ago, i had this strange urge to buy a tarot deck, knew NOTHING of tarot!!! Weird!! Then my first google search i found AT - BONUS!!! I thought. Intuition all the way. I jamp in the oceanic current and plan on letting it take me all around the world and back lol!!! xxMags

cricket

I've got potato salad!!

-cough-

Perhaps, instead of using a bound book, try starting a scrapbook for your deck studies. That way you can add pages, pictures, notes, scribbles, etc. and not run out of room for any particular card. (I had to do this when my journals had so many "cont. on pg. XXX" notes they couldn't be followed anymore.)

MagsStardustBlack

cricket said:
I've got potato salad!!

-cough-

Perhaps, instead of using a bound book, try starting a scrapbook for your deck studies. That way you can add pages, pictures, notes, scribbles, etc. and not run out of room for any particular card. (I had to do this when my journals had so many "cont. on pg. XXX" notes they couldn't be followed anymore.)
LOL!!! (potato salad)! Yum!

Scrap book - great idea, will def' get one soon! For my Tarot. I have various books like this for other things (poetry, art ect) over the years and love looking back on them. How creativity touches the soul!!!

Another idea GD - is crystals. Quartz is very powerful for all manner of things, i have a small quartz crystal from when i was 17, it was on a necklace, which fell to bits, i keep it on me at all times now, and have done over the years at times.

Also i have across my living room window a curtain pole (no curtains, i have wooden blinds). With 9 swarovski crystals (various), hanging on silver threads. When the sun light pours through there is beautiful rainbows all around the room all day. A truly wonderful sight and feeling for stirring the feelings emotions and intuition.

I have to say though, after a glass of wine you feel like your in disco lol!!!

PS. i don't drink through the day - long summer days i mean, you know - sunny at 7 lo xxMags.

greatdane

:)))) Mags

I LOVE crystals. I wear a quartz crystal almost all the time and have a lovely quartz crystal on my window sill near my bed. I even posted in the forum about herbs and stuff, when asked favorite stone or crystal, said quartz hands down! Great minds think a like, Mags lol :).

I find quartz helps me focus and is also calming, yet energizing (haven't even figured that out, I guess I find it balancing).

Namaste,
GD

MagsStardustBlack

I find quartz gives me confidence (shy girl), and positive energizing feelings, it makes me feel special knowing i have it on me and no one else knows. it also has an calming healing power over me.

Also i love the rainbows, you can feel them, don't you think, even if you closed your eyes and could no longer see them. My husband (into science and particles of light?) (which i think is fascinating) says that everything in the cosmos is made up of particles of light and they shoot through the universe at an unimaginable speed and straight through "the physical world (solid objects) as we know it as if it were air. They pass through us constantly all the time. So i feel like, i can feel, the rainbows passing through me. Mmmmm love them!!

Must add - before bed - as i mentioned i am new to tarot too, so i am also trying to get to grips with and establish the Intuition/Tarot link myself. If you find out any good info' post it so i can learn along with you too!!! take care and best wishes xxMags.

mary ventura

GD, like more than a few folks have posted in this thread, I also love the tarot books. (Love books in general). What happens for me is I read many books, some talk about card meanings, some talk about various spreads, some talk about the Fool's Journey ... etc. And among all my tarot books, I'm sure each and every one says something that contradicts things in others. And companion books that are written by the creator of the particular deck often have wonderfully diverse and useful takes on card meanings.

Each new thing I read about the cards is painted onto my brain, layer upon layer, and the layers of the different readings becomes a unique color of its own.

But ... when I am doing an actual reading with my cards, I don't pull out the books. I look at the pictures and let them tell me their story, and record the reading in my journal. (I might look in a book later, as part of my ongoing learning process, but that doesn't change the reading).

And to answer your original question, yes, if my intuition kicks in with a meaning that doesn't really relate to the "traditional" RWS meanings, I always follow that intuition. For example the 10 of swords, with all those swords stuck in that poor man's back came up in an "what would help" position in a reading, and my brain whispered "accupuncture".

MagsStardustBlack said:
An idea would be to start a little diary for all 78 (or however many) cards you have, a page for each card. Whenever you are studying or meditating on a card write down feelings, thoughts, images, colours, smells, memories even, that are trigered by the card you are looking into. This will tune in your intuition to that card and will enable you to strengthen your intuition and tune it to each card in your own personal way. ... xxMags
This is such a useful tool. Someone here suggested it when I was very new, and it has helped me so much. I love going back and reading my early study notes. I actually have 2 journals; the individual card study is a 3 ring notebook, so I can add things to earlier entries. The other journal is where I record my readings, and it's a bound notebook.

Mary V

greatdane

Thanks for sharing that, Mary!

Love to read about the journals and the ten of swords and accupunture? I thought that was brilliant :)

GD

GadgetGirl

greatdane said:
Love to read about the journals and the ten of swords and accupunture? I thought that was brilliant :)

GD

Snap! I was going to say this exact same thing. See I would never have thought of this. This thread is brilliant and I'm learning heaps.

Thanks GD.

greatdane

Thank, GG!

We're learning together. Road trip! We're like Thelma and Louise (only better ending lol).

GD