When Tarot Readers Get . . . Scary

gregory

Allow me to tickle your feet..... })

But seriously - I am certain sure someone who looks like you do - smiling or not - is NOT what this thread is about. Nor even is it about someone who looks like me !!! Be full of laughter. Think the witches in Macbeth. I am sure that's the kind of reader we are talking about.... mwahahahaha cackle !

Grizabella

gregory said:
Allow me to tickle your feet..... })

But seriously - I am certain sure someone who looks like you do - smiling or not - is NOT what this thread is about. Nor even is it about someone who looks like me !!! Be full of laughter. Think the witches in Macbeth. I am sure that's the kind of reader we are talking about.... mwahahahaha cackle !

Well, nobody said there's not a place for the scary, witchy types, anyway, did they? :D

gregory

Grizabella said:
Well, nobody said there's not a place for the scary, witchy types, anyway, did they? :D
OH yes - I think sometimes readers have to be scary. If you hire one for a Halloween party you don't want them to be nicey nicey and wear nisaba's clean jeans !!!

tarotlyn

Wow...you could very well be describing a lot of us :eek:

...well let's see now...hmmmmm... I have the giant crystal balls and "mucho"
other metaphysically related items on my "round" tarot reading table that is
covered in a fantastic hand made table scarf...with long fringe...

(I don't wear a long gown or scarf)...and some AT people probably think that
I am a know it all...but it is just that I have studied and read the tarot as a
four-hundredth generation psychic tarot reader, as you say! :bugeyed:
(well for tons of years anyway)

...no pointy hats...no sun/moon sash...no wrinks...no moles...no brooms...no spiders...

What is a "scary" tarot reader to me?
...what I consider to be scary are those readers (that call themselves fortune tellers)
and that read and try to "teach" others when THEY still NEED to learn it themselves! LOL
...now that is SCARY!
:heart:

gregory

Like nisaba - people who KNOW they know me better than I do are scary in all walks of life.

Also bad breath. It doesn't show, but it's so THERE.

I also have a rather nice death statuette on my desk. That scares quite a few people, and I am required to put it away when the children come to visit !

MistressNatasha

Oh!

Grizabella, I apologize. o.o I meant all those things combined, and, much like Gregory said, the witches from Macbeth. XD

Hey, I want to own a purple sash with the sun, moon, and stars on it. XD I love purple. =3 As for grey hair under a hat of some-sort, I was more thinking a hat that looked like https://www.7ware.com/Group/Group486/Catalog/gypsy2.jpg mixed with http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/glitter_carmen_full.jpg just in case you wanted a snack!

I also want a round reading table with a huge covering over it with tassels and such. A crystal ball would be awesome, but knowing my luck . . . it'd find a way to fall. XD

I think everyone here has a few of these traits. So, once again, I'm not trying to offend anyone. Heck, in 40 years I'm sure I'll have a few more of these traits! =]

gregory

I''m 64 already, and you have a ways to go, kid.... })

ETA those hats look PERFECTLY NORMAL to me. (I don't LIKE them - but I have seen both at weddings, for pity's sake !) I will find you a MUCH better one in the morning....l :D

MistressNatasha

Haha!

gregory said:
I''m 64 already, and you have a ways to go, kid.... })

Yes, yes I do. But, one day I'll be in your shoes. 46 years from now, I'll remember this and I'll wonder where all the years went. And maybe by then I'll have to buy a few more copies of the Gilded to last me. XD I'm going to laugh though if I turn into the exact "scary" Reader I described. *Laughs*

gregory said:
ETA those hats look PERFECTLY NORMAL to me. (I don't LIKE them - but I have seen both at weddings, for pity's sake !) I will find you a MUCH better one in the morning....l

You've seen the fruit one at a wedding? *Laughs Too Loud* Honestly, I wouldn't mind having the fruit hat to wear when I feel like being silly. I can't wait for the hat you'll find!

Grizabella

I actually love that scarf she's got on in the first link. LOL :p I'd wear it if but probably more on my neck than my head. :D

And I just noticed something---your name "MistressNatasha". That's the kind of name one of those scary Tarot readers would use. Did you mean that in a humorous way? You probably did. I like the name.

I have absolutely no hard feelings. (((MistressNatasha :heart: )))) I remember when I was 18 and I've raised six kids now, so I know how young people see old people. Not only that, but I'm like anyone else, and sometimes I say thoughtless things that may inadvertently hit close to someone's heart. In this case, it did hit home a little bit with me.

MistressNatasha

Haha!

Grizabella said:
And I just noticed something---your name "MistressNatasha". That's the kind of name one of those scary Tarot readers would use. Did you mean that in a humorous way? You probably did. I like the name.

It is meant in a humorous way. =] When I read for my friends, occasionally I get silly and pick up a weird accent. Heck, for a while, I called myself "Fortune Cookie" with my friends. It was great fun. XD But, you never know, one day I might grow into my name and be a scary Tarot Reader. *Smirks* I can at least try, right? =D