Which Decks did you get in 2009 that you regret, which are you glad you've gotten?

Onyx

Glad I got:
MRP Decks: Fairytale, Fantastic Menagerie, Baroque Bohemian Cats, Victorian Flower Oracle
Lo Scarabeo: 2 Liber T backups, Tarot de Marseille (Brudel)
Llewellyn: Legacy of the Divine
US Games: Halloween Tarot, Belgium printing of Universal Waite, and New Palladini
Others: Wheel of Change, Alchemical Renewed, Fifth Tarot, Transparent, Mythic

Should not have purchased:
I Am One Tarot, Dame Fortune’s Wheel Tarot, Sweet Twilight Tarot, Mermaids, New Orleans VooDoo Tarot

nisaba

<stoutly> Of the 2009 acquisitions, I'm glad I got 'em *all*! Some were gifts, and there wasn't a single failure amongst them, either.

LotusSong

Out off all my 2009 acquisitions, the only one I regret was Madame Endora's Fortune Cards. They didn't live up to my expectations. :/

firefrost

Really glad I bought Tarot Noir, Vampire (Place) and Transparent.

I can't remember buying any I didn't like because I hardly buy any now and my memory's awol anyway.

Lol...I'll just sit here and wait for pm's coming in saying "What about the ****** deck you sold me...?!" :laugh:

fyreflye

I'm extremely happy to have found the rare, beautiful and usually expensive Amerigo Folchi Taroto della Felicita for a $50 Buy it Now on eBay, and the gorgeous though bizarre Le Grand Tarot Belline for a reasonable price also on eBay - both within the same month.

I'm surprised to find that I like so much Ellen Cannon Reed's Witches Tarot, which I bought cheap here on a whim; but though the art work is weak the deck's power and perspective are beginning to affect me strangely. And I'm not even a witch (not that there's anything wrong with that.) Last night I casually pulled its Four of Wands as my card of the year and spent the next hour just staring at the image I'd received. I've made a place for the deck on my altar.

I'm still not sure what I think about the Kaos Tarot.

A genuine bummer was my purchase of an English language Jolanda Tarot with (omigoddess!) PURPLE BORDERS. Fortunately I found a copy of the original Swedish edition on the Trade Forum here (thanks, photokat) and that became the fourth of my favorite deck purchases this/last year.

thorhammer

I don't even want to go through my spreadsheet to see how many I bought last year :bugeyed: But there are a couple that stand out.

I'm so over-the-moon glad I finally crumpled and got the original Alchemical with the book. I never got why everyone said it was so beautiful . . . until I held it. It's so pretty, and so powerful.

I deeply regret - nay, resent!!! - having bought the Tarot of Trees deck/book set. I found the printing to be so tragically lacking in colour and vibrance that it really brought me low. I traded it for something I could have got for a lot less than I paid for the Trees, but I'm glad I have that. So it's not a total loss.

I was also gutted with my lack of reaction to the Touchstone and Quantum Tarots, after so many people raved about them. I still have a copy of each, but never use them and am keeping them for trading. I guess that's not a dead loss either.

Most of them, truth to tell, I could take or leave. I'm out of touch with my collection (could that be because it spent six months locked up in bags and boxes, as I wasn't *allowed* to unpack it??) but I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things :)

\m/ Kat

Nydia

Out of the decks I acquired in 2009, these I probably could have done without:
Hermetic
Tarot of Sexual Magic
Fenestra

These are ones I'm really glad I have:
Ansata, English edition
El Gran Tarot Esoterico (I love this!)
Fantastic Menagerie Kit (maybe because it's my newest one)

I like the others I got in 2009 for various reasons, too.

Professor X

2009 was the year I bought my first deck--Universal Rider Waite Smith.

I am glad I purchased it because it has lead to tremendous growth for me as a person.

SolSionnach

thorhammer said:
I was also gutted with my lack of reaction to the Touchstone and Quantum Tarots, after so many people raved about them. I still have a copy of each, but never use them and am keeping them for trading. I guess that's not a dead loss either.

Most of them, truth to tell, I could take or leave.
Hi Kat!
I *think* that I've finally gotten over the whole bandwagon thing, but it's taken a long time and some truly tragic purchases. Perhaps it's because I haunt the de-enabling thread. And I know what you mean about "taking or leaving most of them". 'Most of them' aren't really worth the paper they are printed on. I'm all "meh" about a couple of my purchases from this year - Golden Rider and Tarot of Trees come to mind - but that could be because I was doing the Noblet IDS this year, and haven't worked with either of them at all since I got them.

And I'm wondering - what the heck is wrong with the Tarot of Sweet Twilight? So many people found it disappointing...