Which Decks did you get in 2009 that you regret, which are you glad you've gotten?

WolfSpirit

Professor X said:
2009 was the year I bought my first deck--Universal Rider Waite Smith.

I am glad I purchased it because it has lead to tremendous growth for me as a person.

Congrats, I am glad you liked it :thumbsup:

I am most pleased in 2009 with finding out about the Healing Earth Tarot, and about finding an old edition copy of it.
Also the Kissatarot and the Dame Fortune's Wheel.

I am still on the fence about the Quantum and the Rumi - it was no instant love (and Quantum was mainly because the Kunati edition was becoming unavailable) but I still find them interesting, maybe I will use them later.

Maybe I regret buying the Hello Kitty...it is not something I will use and it is not the kind of cute that I really like.

Morgane_49

SolSionnach said:
And I'm wondering - what the heck is wrong with the Tarot of Sweet Twilight? So many people found it disappointing...

I love the artwork, but for me, it's just not the best reading deck. I can read with pretty much anything, so it's a big turn off for me when I stumble across a deck like this. I'm still working with it, trying to find what attracted me to it to start with.

MysticalMoose

:D

Fireworks: - Steele Wizard ~ Lovers Path ~ Paulina ~ Fey ~ Fantastic Menagerie ~ Ravenswood Eastern ~

Damp Squibs: - New Orleans Voodoo Tarot ~ Goddess Tarot ~ Connelly

Dusk Till Dawn

I really do like the Twilight! Amazingly accurate for me. got a Back up too.

thorhammer

Mystical Moose - I am so pleased to see you back! And pleased, too, that you like the Ravenswood :)

I don't get the Sweet Twilight disappointment, either. It's a deck I'm really glad to have! I don't buy many decks as soon as they're released, and I traded for this one, but I probably would have bought it sooner rather than later. I find it fine to read with.

\m/ Kat

gregory

SolSionnach said:
And I'm wondering - what the heck is wrong with the Tarot of Sweet Twilight? So many people found it disappointing...
Absolutely NOTHING. IF I didn't cite that one as a kick ass PLUS deck - I should have - I LOVE it !

MysticalMoose

Hi Kat *waves madly* Yep The Ravenswood is lovely a little chunk that shuffles like a dream :D (I've been having a Tarot break - had a new dog that craves attention lol)

Adding Guardians of Wisdom to the damp squibs. Wanted it for AGES then Meh! too much white :eek:

Moona

I´m glad about almost all the decks I got in 2009.
Probably most happy to own: Songs for the Journey Home, Thoth and Diary of the Broken Soul.
Disappointments: Gothic (Vargo), Pearls of Wisdom and Zerner-Farber.

Nightgarden

I was disappointed with the "Crystal Tarot"(Trevisan).
Saw the pictures in a book and love the wonderful colors in there.
But when I received the deck in person, the colors are not the same, all so muted...
And the pictures are too busy...don't know.

My most favourite decks in 2009 was the "Golden Tarot", "Touchstone Tarot" and "Quantum Tarot".

Dusk Till Dawn

Nightgarden said:
I was disappointed with the "Crystal Tarot"(Trevisan).
Saw the pictures in a book and love the wonderful colors in there.
But when I received the deck in person, the colors are not the same, all so muted...
And the pictures are too busy...don't know.

My most favourite decks in 2009 was the "Golden Tarot", "Touchstone Tarot" and "Quantum Tarot".
Same here! I just don;t like it. As soon as I got it, I was extremely dissapointed!