Why no Jesus?

gregory

I'd think one identified as such in his accompanying blurb..... whatever it looked like :D (i.e. point taken !!!!)

Splungeman

AJ said:
Do you mean the Jesus image you see everywhere...the guy from the middle east with blue eyes, white skin, and brown hair? What Jesus image were you looking for?

Oh...no specific Jesus (though "Buddy Christ" from the movie Dogma would by MY first choice if putting him in a deck...see attachment). Though your question does bring up an interesting line of discussion. A Jesus symbol? Jesus himself? If Jesus himself, what would he look like? Is it possible that Waite thought of that himself and decided to just use various symbols to represent him? Grail, fish, etc? After all...how important ARE Jesus' looks anyway?

Attachments

• buddy_christ.jpg
    buddy_christ.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 138

Hidden

Just play it safe and go with the stereotypical looks i would anyway.

I believe that every single card in the Cups Represents certain aspects, traits and weaknesses of Jesus, because God never made him perfect he made him like a normal person with a destiny in front of him and from that destiny which he was blessed and cursed with he gained the power to do miracles.

Wands would represent God himself, Pentacles would be the Devil, Swords would be Angles and fallen Angels who follow the devil or maybe it might represent a battle between Gods?

Finally the Majors may represent Arch Angels.

I went way off topic there but the thing is that Jesus may be depicted in all the cards in the Cups or the whole deck but in different ways, looks and situations?

So there is your picture.

ottobock

The Catholic Church surely doesn't want anyone learning anything about the Divination arts because it leads to being in touch with the higher self but what everyone should know that doesn't already is that the Church is just like any other secret society as they use these tools for themselves, while telling us it is wrong. Just as a lower Mason doesn't know what the higher order does, the higher order of the Church does the same. Monotheism and Christianity were founded by the secret societies. This is why I doubt Waite really thought of himself as a Christian Mystic. I would think a guy like him knew all about how monotheism was forced upon the people of Egypt by the secret societies and that Christianity should really be called Egypto-Christian, not Judeo-Christian. also, for hs deck toget as poplar as it is wold not be possible unless he was playing the game with these Leviathans.

Rosanne

Hi Ottobock- Welcome to the forum.
Are you saying that Akhenaten belonged to a secret society? I just thought he was just a heretic Pharaoh possibly influenced by Judaic beliefs.
I do not undertand this...
for hs deck toget as poplar as it is wold not be possible unless he was playing the game with these Leviathans.
What do you mean?
I think it is very possible that Waite saw himself as a Christian mystic- his writings show this- unless he was lying all the way to the bank. That seems a bit bizarre.
~Rosanne

re-pete-a

Tarotists, remember the history ,the taro was pre C,the intention of resurrecting the Myth and oracles had to be for all denominations,besides the R.C's were'nt really in the picture until after the Inquisition,that time was meant to wipe out the OTHER beliefs,so it went underground,do you really think they'd put the picture of their persecutor in with a smile,
________
Big tits flash

Alta

re-pete-a said:
... the taro was pre C....
Since you just use the initial, do you mean the taro(t) was pre-C(hrist) or pre C(histianity)???? That is surprising to me as I thought there was no evidence of tarot before the 1400's and that was long after Christ or Christianity which started in the century or so after his death.

gregory

I'm with Marion on this one - I am totally baffled............

Teheuti

Frank Hall said:
Remember that Waite was a Christian mystic with deep interest in symbols and rituals that enhance communion with the spiritual.
Waite was raised a Catholic and seemed to have once considered the priesthood, but he had a loss of faith when his sister died when he was sixteen. He then was drawn to Spiritualism and by 20 was contributing to a spiritualist journal.

In his writings he regularly put down organized religion, looking for the mystical truth that lay behind all the great world religions. He was interested in the anointed one (Christ) as one whose death and resurrection became a model for an inner experience that was available to each person who was also able to experience the Christ within as bridegroom of the Shekinah. (He wrote primarily from this male perspective, of course.)

Mary

AJ

OT alert, Mary, you are at 999 post as of 3:43 PM Pacific Time, would you like me to make you an avatar?? :)