Wild Nature Tarot update

Metal Queen

Hi everyone,
I just thought I'd post a few examples of my Wild Nature Tarot here,as I'm slowly getting acquainted with the workings of the internet and putting things out there.
The writeup for Wild Nature Tarot is also featured in Aeclectic Tarot's "What's New"for February 2013 and my website is www.firehorsecreations.net for anybody who likes what they see and wish to view more...
I am continuously pleased to be a part of the growing Tarot community and it's great to have this opportunity to share my artwork here. I always appreciate insights and feedback,as these are welcome for communication with people who share this interest and I'm getting the swing of it!

Attachments

• DEATH.jpg
    DEATH.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 197
  • ENCHANTED.jpg
    ENCHANTED.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 163
  • KINGOFSWORDS.jpg
    KINGOFSWORDS.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 173
  • STRENGTH.jpg
    STRENGTH.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 155
  • THEDEVIL.jpg
    THEDEVIL.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 146

Metal Queen

A few more

Here are some more images of Wild Nature Tarot.Enjoy!

Attachments

• UNIVERSE.jpg
    UNIVERSE.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 136
  • SACRIFICE.jpg
    SACRIFICE.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 119
  • CHARIOT.jpg
    CHARIOT.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 131

Metal Queen

The Empress is my latest addition to Wild Nature Tarot. My version of her expresses the promise of abundant new life bursting forth in all directions. I created her as a fantasy aspect of the creative principle and that unlimited potential that lives freely in our own imaginations.
"That which she imagines-Comes to Be". The rejoicing that happens when we make our dreams and wishes come true!

Attachments

• EMPRESS.jpg
    EMPRESS.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 140

wooden-eye

Hi Metal Queen. The Empress is fantastic. This may sound strange, but You and I are perhaps a little synchronous. Your lady stands in front of a scene very similar to my Ace of Cups. I wander if we were working on these images at the same time. Around Febuary for me. You? perhaps there was a some energy around at that time which drew us to work around those symbols on opposite sides of the globe. Who knows?
Do you connect the Empress with that ace in anyway? I am not so confident with connecting major and minor arcana other then numerically. I am a work in progress.
Have a look at my Ace of Cups I posted it a couple of days ago in the Bonefire Tarot update thread. Let me know what you think.
šŸ• Wooden-eye

Metal Queen

The Cup of Life!

Thank-you for your feedback Wooden-Eye and I did indeed check out your Bonefire Tarot updates several times,as well as your great website.

A big congratulations for finishing your 78 gorgeous paintings ( cards )-and I will surely get your deck,as it is hugely original and so alive! LOVE the colours and whole exotic feel of it.Have you printed it yet?

Yes indeed there's an interesting similarity in the foreground of my Empress and your incredibly mezmerizing and vibrant Ace of Cups!...and about the synchronicity thing-that,too,is true! I was deeply into the painting of The Empress during the darkest and coldest February and March-expressing in the art the promise of Spring's rebirth and all those flowers...I live in Eastern Canada and winter gets brutal sometimes,so creating her was my own harbinger of better times ahead.

Back to your Ace of Cups...I do say-I would definitely toast to the Good Life with that amazing cup and all that radiant Solar power in the drink! Bedazzling and beautiful!

Metal Queen

Come to think of it-there was a fair amount of bubbly in my Ace of Goblet in February. Spirits to lift the Spirit!

wooden-eye

Hi Metal Queen,
You say such lovely things, it is wonderful to get such support from a such a talented woman. Bonefire should be on the press this very day. I will be away from home for 6 months and following your progress will be a great source of comfort and inspiration for me.
This February we had heat, bush fire and floods at our door step at one point I had the paintings boxed and in the back of the car as we awaited possible evacuation. This is such a dynamic, yet staggeringly beautiful place to live.
Have you had a gallery show for your paintings yet? They really are the finest quality painting. I am desperate to do something larger and more sustained. Bonefire is more decorative and illustrative than I pursued prior to the deck and I would love to really get stuck into some major tarot based works, I just fear that I would feel compelled to do 78 again and I might need this entire incarnation and perhaps one more to complete them. Bonefire started as Majors only set of paintings not as a Tarot deck.
Have you been creating Tarot based works for long. Which came first the Tarot or the Art?
When I get back from the trip I might have ago at something monumental. I have not sold any fine art since my early 20s and I was a city girl. Do you find that there is a market for tarot based art . I see many people buy prints. I thought I saw that originals from the Mary El deck are for sale and very reasonably priced. How can this be so?
I wish you so well and when you do finish I hope you are scooped up by a publisher and earn squillions of dollars for your huge commitment.
What's next Metal Queen?
Xxx wooden-eye

daphne

The Empress is my latest addition to Wild Nature Tarot. My version of her expresses the promise of abundant new life bursting forth in all directions. I created her as a fantasy aspect of the creative principle and that unlimited potential that lives freely in our own imaginations.
"That which she imagines-Comes to Be". The rejoicing that happens when we make our dreams and wishes come true!

I like this card! So sensual!

Metal Queen

Hi Metal Queen,
You say such lovely things, it is wonderful to get such support from a such a talented woman. Bonefire should be on the press this very day. I will be away from home for 6 months and following your progress will be a great source of comfort and inspiration for me.
This February we had heat, bush fire and floods at our door step at one point I had the paintings boxed and in the back of the car as we awaited possible evacuation. This is such a dynamic, yet staggeringly beautiful place to live.
Have you had a gallery show for your paintings yet? They really are the finest quality painting. I am desperate to do something larger and more sustained. Bonefire is more decorative and illustrative than I pursued prior to the deck and I would love to really get stuck into some major tarot based works, I just fear that I would feel compelled to do 78 again and I might need this entire incarnation and perhaps one more to complete them. Bonefire started as Majors only set of paintings not as a Tarot deck.
Have you been creating Tarot based works for long. Which came first the Tarot or the Art?
When I get back from the trip I might have ago at something monumental. I have not sold any fine art since my early 20s and I was a city girl. Do you find that there is a market for tarot based art . I see many people buy prints. I thought I saw that originals from the Mary El deck are for sale and very reasonably priced. How can this be so?
I wish you so well and when you do finish I hope you are scooped up by a publisher and earn squillions of dollars for your huge commitment.
What's next Metal Queen?
Xxx wooden-eye

Wooden-Eye,
Thanks for your reply. I must say as somebody who loves nature and also feels the enormous energy of wild places,Australia is most definitely on my list of "go to"destinations...One of the reasons I enjoy Bonefire so much is because you've captured a certain robust grandeur in those bold colours and trippy images that give me a sense of a place with burning heat ,abundant untamed wildness and MYSTERY.

Funnily enough-a few years ago I entered a competition hosted by Tourism Queensland for "The Greatest Job in the World" hoping to win and be paid to explore the Witsunday Islands,bum around The Great Barrier Reef and blog to the entire world about the radiant experience of snorkelling with multicoloured fish all day. I didn't qualify,but had a riotous time making a video trying to place ( it featured me falling through North Pole ice and ending up alongside fictitious Dolphins in the Reef..hehe ). I will just have to visit Daintree rainforest one day,and also Frazer island for Dingos ( amongst a multitude of other tantalizing spots...could go on for years ).

To answer your questions about painting and exhibits: Yes-I've exhibited my work several times in a local Montreal art show featuring diverse styles. Nothing exclusively Tarot YET...I started art at an early age,so by the time I began Wild Nature Tarot,I'd already been drawing and painting different themes-animals,fantasy art,tropical scenes,aliens, still-life,my cats,my boots,etc..whatever came to mind!..right now I'm just beginning to launch into the Minors,as well as do a side-project of Fantasy Art ( am a big fan of Frazetta,Ken Kelly and Vallejo-major influences and inspiration ).

It's interesting that when I began Wild Nature about 10 years ago,I wasn't analyzing stuff like scaling,printing,advertizing,publishing or any details other than creation...As you know-creation itself is a world onto itself and yes-creativity begets MORE and MORE ideas and before you know it-we're wondering how to extend life indefinitely to get it all done!...Immortality is a theme I long to explore-so I have to paint it as part of my processing ( my "Sacrifice/Hanged Man is The Myth of Odin...on my firehorsecreations.net web and featured in AT ).

I've recently started thinking it would be great and amazing to open an art gallery featuring Tarot art,as judging from the number of fans just here on AT,there's definitely an appreciative world market for this genre...I was wondering if maybe it would be better if you hung on to all your beautiful Bonefire Art,as these opportunities would allow you a different type of exposure and then perhaps one day the entire set could be a Collector's Item commanding much more. Give it a thought!

Have a nice vacation and keep me poisted about your art.