Wisdom of Avalon Oracle Cards

6 Haunted Days

faunabay said:
6HD, Let me know what you think, if you would please. Since we both had similar hesitiations about this deck I'm curious to see what you think about it. :)

Oh I will! I actually thought of you when ordering and figuired I'd be the "guinea pig". :laugh:

Morgan of Avalon

Can anyone with the deck tell us what you think of the guidebook??

HearthCricket

Morgan of Avalon said:
Can anyone with the deck tell us what you think of the guidebook??

I love it. It gives a lot of insight. It doesn't just give you a fluffy bunny reading and make everything sound positive and upbeat, like most of the Doreen Virtue decks. It is very straightforward, in depth, and really makes you think, about situations, the people around you, your own thoughts and actions and how they affect things. I'm still using this deck and really getting a lot of insight out of it. "Wisdom" was a well-chosen word for this deck, because that is exactly what it shares with you.

MysticalMoose

I totally agree with Madame HC ...this is my absolute favourite of all my decks at the moment....& funnily enuf the things that made me hesitate (the 21 path cards) are actually my favourite bits....I love the paths...they remind me of the peaceful place where I used to walk my dogs amongst lovely trees. & the guidebook is great gives real insight into possibilities for interpretation....I was a bit worried when I saw the box that it all looked a bit "Doreen V-ish" as I am not a fan of her gushing cutesy sweety style of writing. But thank goodness I was pleasantly surprised & havent been able to put this deck down I just love sitting looking at it & wanting to hold it. Its been quite a while since I have instantly connected with a deck like this! Fab!
:love: MM :)

Jewel

6 Haunted Days said:
And guess which one they sent priority on Monday? Yep the one I wanted least, Druid Animal Oracle. HOW do they know everytime what item I want the most and send that last?!! 4th time this has happened.
I am so sorry to hear that! I guess have been VERY fortunate with Amazon. When you did get the Avalon deck discussed in this thread, I would really like to hear your opinion of it.

6HD & Faunabay .... For those recurring cards, I would really sugges looking at the picture from the perspective of the word on the card. I know that sounds really basic and blah, but looking at things from a different perspective can affect what you see. Another option you have, is just take all the repeats out, and use only one of them *LOL*. I mean, it is an oracle, who says you have to use all the cards!

And girls, I will let the two of you test drive this deck for me, and let me know if I NEED it *LOL*

6 Haunted Days

Jewel said:
I am so sorry to hear that! I guess have been VERY fortunate with Amazon. When you did get the Avalon deck discussed in this thread, I would really like to hear your opinion of it.

6HD & Faunabay .... For those recurring cards, I would really sugges looking at the picture from the perspective of the word on the card. I know that sounds really basic and blah, but looking at things from a different perspective can affect what you see. Another option you have, is just take all the repeats out, and use only one of them *LOL*. I mean, it is an oracle, who says you have to use all the cards!

And girls, I will let the two of you test drive this deck for me, and let me know if I NEED it *LOL*

*Phew* Between you and Faunbay I feel some oracle pressure here :laugh:

I should get it anyday now, maybe even tomorrow! *fingers crossed*

faunabay

6 Haunted Days said:
*Phew* Between you and Faunbay I feel some oracle pressure here :laugh:

I should get it anyday now, maybe even tomorrow! *fingers crossed*

Oh no! No need to feel pressured!..............

We just want to know NOW!!! ROFL

Seriously though, just take your time. I really am thinking about going ahead and ordering a copy too. It just keeps jumping up and down in the back of my mind. :) So that usually means I have to go buy it!! (giggle)

6 Haunted Days

faunabay said:
Oh no! No need to feel pressured!..............

We just want to know NOW!!! ROFL

Seriously though, just take your time. I really am thinking about going ahead and ordering a copy too. It just keeps jumping up and down in the back of my mind. :) So that usually means I have to go buy it!! (giggle)

Ohhh go ahead and order it....right now. }) You know you're going too! Why prolong the tortuous reoccuring thoughts of "Should I? Shouldn't I?"

I got tired of the deck niggling away at my thoughts and thought what the heck it's not a $300 art deck!

Ok, now that's settled, let me know when your copy has shipped ;)

faunabay

6 Haunted Days said:
Ohhh go ahead and order it....right now. }) You know you're going too! Why prolong the tortuous reoccuring thoughts of "Should I? Shouldn't I?"

I got tired of the deck niggling away at my thoughts and thought what the heck it's not a $300 art deck!

Ok, now that's settled, let me know when your copy has shipped ;)

Oh now see, I was all ready to order it from amazon (was actually ready to hit the button), then realized it would get here about the same time as the silver Bohemian Gothic and you KNOW which one would win, between those two, in getting the most of my attention!!! It's no contest. So I'm going to try and wait until after I drool over my silver dark sister for a while! LOL Then buy this one.

Oh well jeez....I'm off to order it from amazon!! ROFLMAO!!!

edited to add:
Man, I'm just such a sucker! :D I'm buying WAY too many things lately. But I'm finally caught up with my financial stuff and have a little bit of extra money. Last year I couldn't buy anything. Now I'm buying way too many things. (shrug) So it evens out! hehehe But I have to stop! Now that I've ordered the Wisdom of Avalon! :D :D :D