Wisdom of the House of Night cards

Aulruna

I'm fighting with the corners, too :) Also I feel the cardstock is quite thin, especially if you handle individual cards. They still seem durable, probably because they are so glossy. All in all, for me it will definitely take some getting used to!

The images are beautiful, and most of the cards seem universal enough, except for a few like the Fledgling, where it is helpful to know the background.

Kosjitov

Hi!

Well, today I happened to go to the local B&N store and picked this up as an impulse buy. I have to say, I'm guiltily happy that this is my first oracle deck!

The cards are glossy, thin, and have sharp edges, with silver gilt on the sides. There is light glitter across the cards themselves. Very light, so as to be tasteful without shedding glitter everywhere, though I suspect they will for the first few shuffles. My hands ARE currently covered in glitter as I write this!

The images are beautiful. I am a sucker for good, heartfelt art, and I really like what I see. Through all 50 cards I can't say there's one that I find ugly or immediately turns me off to the whole deck. The cards themselves are black with yellow patterning around the borders. Each card is numbered 1-50 at the top, with the number being in the middle of the full moon in the triple goddess symbol [ )O( ], with the title of the card in a blue box at the bottom. On the back of the card the triple goddess symbol sits in the middle of the same gold border pattern that is on the front. The backs ARE reversible.

Boxes are usually a problem for me, because they're flimsy and fall apart. I don't have to worry about that with this deck. It has a nice solid pop top box.

Did I mention that this cost about 13$ (including tax!) compared to the 25$+ for other oracles they had on display?

All in all, I wonder if I should buy a second copy of this deck because it is so darned pretty and I think I will grow to like it amazingly in the future.

TLDR:

* Pretty black and gold cards, w/ triple goddess symbolism
* Art is beautiful
* Silver gilt edges, thin cards, glossy
* 13$ for 50 cards is a steal
* Comes in a sturdy box
* BUY IT!

MysticOracle13

So I was playing with my cards today and I must say, I kinda love them! Not familiar with the books, but I love the cards and the association with the Goddess, Nyx. The design is lovely annnnd I kinda created my own yes/no spread using the basics of the tarot yes/no spread.

Ask a yes/no question and begin by shuffling the deck and making a stack of 13 cards, if you get one of the High Priestesses you move on to another pile of 13. Do that for three stacks. If you have one high priestess in your spread the question is favorable or likely. If you have 2 or more the answer is yes and if you have none you read the three cards for clarification as to what you need to improve your goal or why it was a no.

Hope you like it! Try it. Let me know

Shade

Is the consensus that these are general enough that no knowledge of the books themselves is necessary? That has been keeping me from taking the plunge.

Amanda

I don't know anything about the books and they work fine for me. Some of the cards make reference to the characters in the books (apparently) but it doesn't really take anything away from their meaning...

MysticOracle13

I concur, I've been using them o a lot recently! You know when you get that deck and you have that honeymoon phase? Lol I know nothing about the books. The deck is pretty awesome. Definitely a good add to a collection. I love the imagery :)

Glass Owl

I did a reading with this deck the other day and I was blown away by the result. The answers were clear as a bell and very accurate. This deck packs a much great punch than I anticipated.

LadyZelda

I was thinking about buying this Oracle for my daughter as she read the books and liked the series...but reading about it and looking that wonderful video that akirafist shared with us :thumbsup: (Thanks a lot for doing that! :D) I can't help but wanting to buy a copy for myself also! LOL!

These cards look stunning and I love their magickal touch! I love also that there are several cards with cats...and like Kosjitov said, I didn't find any card to spoil the deck either!

At first, I thought it might end up being an Oracle like those produced by Doreen Virtue...not much depth into them, thus not very useful for serious readings... but visibly many people seem to say that the readings with the Wisdom Of The House Of Night Oracle are amazingly accurate so that adds to the fact that I really :love: the art!

I'll definitely buy this deck! ;)

WolfyJames

I've just received the deck and it's really pretty. I've started to read the novels and I like them so far. I like what the artist does.

LadyZelda

I got it too and love it! I'm using it for a month now and it is very inspiring and my readings make a lot of sense! Great words of wisdom come out of it, straight to the point! :thumbsup: and it is really beautiful! :D