Would the Magician make a good husband?

mahimaisme

the magician

OMG!
i'm starting to LOVE the magician!!!

mythos

mahimaisme said:
hello.
if the magician representing a woman, what kind of husband would she need?!
hoping for interesting insight,
mahima.

Um ... none:)

I have the Magician as my soul card - and I made a lousy wife, three times over. I was the who ended the marriages ...

Changeable, always on the move - even when staying oin one place, not remotely domestic, eccentric, easily bored with routine .... presumably one can apply these characteristics somewhat for Magician husband material - with the odd gender variation. Oh, and did I mention 'odd'??? :D

mythos:)

Teacups

Would you want to be married to Jack Kennedy?
You love him or hate him depending on what he's done to you lately. If he's paying attention to you, he'll have you swooning, but he leaves a trail of devastation and broken hearts. He's a charming scoundrel. If you don't mind the mistresses... just look at what a life Jackie O. had, sound good?

Abigayle

I am married to the magician.....Tells jokes very well, always center of attention, hardworking, can fix anything!! Has many different jobs, always on the go! A charmer when im mad at him! Knows how to swoon me! Great in bed! Im having trouble with him now...I have followed him around for the first 4 years of marriage! Last year I had a moment were everything seemed to be about him! I forgot myself! So I went back to my roots doing what I loved to do....thats when the problems began. Like someone said in earlier posts you need to be SURE you can handle him for the rest of your life if thinking about marriage! I am getting burned out!! I do love him but I want peacefulness now a quiet life that I can do what I wanna do instead of following him around! Even our home represents everything about him...not me! He is not willing to give up his way of living for me I know that and have asked him that....the question is do I wanna stay?

Grizabella

What kind of woman would attract a Magician? Well, the same kind of woman that would attract any man----a woman wise enough to love them as they are and not try to change them.

But then, that's what we should be to enter any relationship with any human being----wise enough to love them as they are and not to try to change them.

Chiriku

This is an interesting discussion for many reasons, but the one that stood out to me was that many posters seem to have taken the older view of the Magician--i.e. the Juggler-archetype.

I would have expected that a larger number of Anglophone, 21st century tarotists would have looked upon the Magician in the more esoteric, arcane aspect of his personality that I find a lot of modern decks tend to emphasize.

I think both archetypes are useful and illuminating in their own way. I suppose one could subscribe to both by doing what readers always do anyway--putting the card into context with the querent's question, the other cards, the reader's own first instincts or intuitions, etc.

Suriel

Never thought this thread would be so interesting to read when I first saw the title! lol.

Having read all of the posts here, well, my impression of a Magician manifests as the Mr. Ironman on the big screens. lol.

I guess he would still be a good husband to his cute little assistant. Or is he going to be, ever? :p

Oh, not to mention that Tony Starks and Pepper Potts are perfect representations of a Magician and a Queen of swords. Look at their chemistry anyway. Hehe.

Abigayle

So a magician and a magician a bad match? I feel like j have some magician qualities....hmm. Don't think it would.

obeygravity

Suriel said:
Never thought this thread would be so interesting to read when I first saw the title! lol.

Having read all of the posts here, well, my impression of a Magician manifests as the Mr. Ironman on the big screens. lol.

I guess he would still be a good husband to his cute little assistant. Or is he going to be, ever? :p

Oh, not to mention that Tony Starks and Pepper Potts are perfect representations of a Magician and a Queen of swords. Look at their chemistry anyway. Hehe.

[Nerd moment]

I actually wouldn't say Stark is a magician type. I feel like he's a much more genuine and honest person than I would associate with the Magician who, though they may still be a good person, may be prone to hiding behind facades to appease people. Stark's more of a King of wands IMO. He has the charisma, the ability to persuade the pants off of you, and quite simply is what he is and there's nothing questionable (well, questionable in the sense of 'is this real' or not hahaha) about what he presents you.

[/Nerd moment]

But on the idea of the magician being a good husband, I honestly believe that every court and major has the capacity to be a good spouse to someone. The real question is... Are you a good match for the Magician?

nisaba

Lady Mary said:
If you just happen to run into a Magician type man, what can you possibly expect of such a relationship? What kind of woman would attract and fascinate him?
I'm watching the early stages of just such a relationship unfolding between two of my friends right now. It's pretty scary, although the woman doesn't know it yet.

The man is slightly smarter than she is, and he's manoeuvering her and the situation such that he will get everything he wants out of the relationship with minimal effort, and be-damned to her feelings.

The pity of it is, that I set them up with each other.