Would the Magician make a good husband?

PAMUYA

Grizabella said:
What kind of woman would attract a Magician? Well, the same kind of woman that would attract any man----a woman wise enough to love them as they are and not try to change them.

But then, that's what we should be to enter any relationship with any human being----wise enough to love them as they are and not to try to change them.

Very wise...too many "Belles" out there, you know "The Beauty and the Beast" forget it ladies that Beast isn't changing.

BLFO

Lady Mary said:
If you just happen to run into a Magician type man, what can you possibly expect of such a relationship? What kind of woman would attract and fascinate him?

If you like a man who can cook, I wouldn't mind seeing this card for the husband as a quality.

Middy1452

I dated a Magician type some years ago. He was a charmer, very charismatic and made everyone feel very special. He has another side to him though, he was shallow, manipulative and a bit of a conman. He's in prison now. But as someone said, one card can't represent the whole person and it wouldn't put me off dating another Magician. If I wasn't now married of course!

Middy

Thirteen

Pepper Potts is HPS

Suriel said:
Oh, not to mention that Tony Starks and Pepper Potts are perfect representations of a Magician and a Queen of swords. Look at their chemistry anyway. Hehe.
That's because she's not a Queen/Swords. If she was, she'd be running Stark chemistry labs. Or be his hot-shot lawyer, CEO of the biggest law firm in LA, getting him out of trouble.

You'll notice she's the behind-the-scenes "Librarian" type. Knows everything and can delegate authority as needed. She's out of the spotlight and while she can fence with him, she listens to his ideas rather than talking about her own.

She's not a Queen/Swords. She's a High Priestess. She's always back stage while he's doing his tricks making sure there's someone with a bucket to douce him if tries something new and funny with the trick and catches fire. :D

peacefulsk8r

I am interested in a guy who might be perceived as a Magician......he is not a "showboat", is actually very shy and sensitive. He is sweet and humble, and doesn't really seem to think of himself as "the best". What reminded me of him, though, is that he does have charisma and always makes everyone feel they are the only one in the room, like they are special. I don't think this is a conscious effort (he has no idea of the effect he has on people) but just his natural charm shining through.

However, I often read him as the Fool card; despite what he thinks, he is still very much a "baby" and innocent to what is going on around him. He is probably more of a Fool card, because he is still trying to find himself, and is not self-assured and somewhat arrogant like the Magician.

Anyway.....I would be really careful with the Magician. Guys like that are best described, in my opinion, as "inconsistent"- in other words, what they do and say one day might change the next. Because they have youthful energy, they are constantly changing their mind about things, which can get aggravating if you are a stable, solid individual that doesn't want constant upheaval. Constantly in search of stimulation, they want to be the center of attention generally, and don't always want an equal- they want an adoring girl behind the scenes. Although some might respond well to a girl that sees right through their acts and deceptions and calls them on it ;) The key for a Magician is to accept them the way they are, and be able to accommodate constant change and his attention-seeking ways.

Just my humble opinion..... :) Peace

EnriqueEnriquez

Uuups! sorry, wrong thread!

Nick.

I know a magician in real life.

He is drop dead gorgeous, he know all the right things to say - very fun to see girls and woman drewl all over the floor when they see him.

He lights the room when entering and makes everyone feel like they are the only one there and that he have the honor to be there with them.

Would he be a great husband, well - I think the woman able to live with a man like that, would have to be Empress her self.

He is very hard to figure out, to take seriously - a smoothtalker and a moonwalker.

Personally I don't think magicians would make great husbands, but then - maybe that says more of me than it does the magicians :p

Could this be The Emperor as well ?

lamyamah

If the question is, how's the Magician as a dad?--ouch! Magician as husband is one thing, Magician as dad...the kids will love him and always have a playmate, but there's no relying on him as a provider or care-taker. Then again, perhaps I'm libeling the poor guy. He can be a sucessful and clever Doctor. Such a doctor would provide well for the kids--but likely not be around for them because he's always be attending dinners and parties in his honor.

Nailed it! This is my dad, travelling chest physician lecturer. I read for him once and got the Magician. It's funny he doesn't like having his cards read.

Thirteen

Magician vs. Emperor

This is a very belated reply on this topic. But since the thread was resurrected....
Could this be The Emperor as well ?
Yes and no. Let's take these points:
1) "drop dead gorgeous"...actually, none of these archetypes include "must be drop-dead gorgeous" in the job description :D What the Magician, the Emperor, the Kings and the Queens all have is charisma. That is in the job description ("Must be charismatic"). DIFFERENT types of Charisma (example "Fiery" charisma for the King/Wands vs. cool charisma for, say, the Queen/Swords). And that means that even if they're not handsome/beautiful, you look their way when they enter a room. The Magician is going to be someone who is "sexy" looking. Maybe that's drop-dead gorgeous sexy, or maybe that's quirky sexy.

(2) "he know all the right things to say"...The Magician knows the right things to say to get everyone to applaud and want to listen to him. The Emperor knows how to do this too...but he also knows how to make people stay in line and fear his displeasure. SO, there is a VERY big difference between the two. The Magician doesn't want you to fear him; he wants to persuade you, and so is always friendly and charming. The Emperor wants you to obey him. And he has no problem saying things that might make you fear him if that will do the job.

(3) "He...makes everyone feel like they are the only one there and that he have the honor to be there with them"...That's very Magician, to make everyone feel special. He's the host of a dinner party, honored you came. The Emperor, however, wants you to be honored that he invited you. You should feel special because you get to be at HIS table. He is the special one, the honored one. The Emperor never lets you forget that.

(4) "He is very hard to figure out, to take seriously - a smoothtalker and a moonwalker"....The Emperor may talk smoothly, but you know exactly what he wants, how he wants it, why he wants it and when he wants it. And rather than being charmed into saying "yes!" (as with the Magician), it's more a matter of you don't dare say "No" to the Emperor. And there is no moonwalking. He doesn't dance. He leads quick and tireless marches.

(5) Last and finally, the Emperor is the Archetype card for "fathers." So he is going to be involved with his offspring. Whether he's a "good husband/father" depends, as always, on how you define that. But the Emperor, unlike the Magician, very much wants a spouse and likely children. And he will provide for both. It's a point of pride. So, as you can see, most similarities between Magician and Emperor are hinged on having charisma and being able to captivate an audience. By and large, however, the Emperor and Magician have very different job descriptions.

EmpyreanKnight

I agree that in most cases, the Emperor might make a better husband especially if it's stability and dependability you're after. He is a born leader who knows how to take control and exercise it. He is the ultimate father figure after all, and the kids would learn the importance of discipline and steadfastness early on, lessons that would serve them in good stead for the rest of their lives. With him as a mate one is almost certain that the nest would never fall to the wayside.

One should never underestimate the Magician tho. He is clever and charming and always has tricks up his sleeve. He also has the supreme gift of manifestation - if he truly focuses on it he can fulfill your desires and make your dreams come true. He can seem mercurial and flighty, but once he controls these impulses, he can be a force to be reckoned with. It will be an unorthodox, free-wheeling family without much structure at all and where the female half can take the reins if she so desires. Communication is never a weak point in this kind of family.