Your FAVORITE decks?

greatdane

Pamela Colman Smith US Games Commemorative Deck and the Anna. K (second ed)
TOP TWO

In no particular order, depending on my mood:

Universal Waite (partly because it is the Belgian-printed one and I LOVE The cardstock, but also like the coloring)

Universal Waite mini because it is appealing to Sitters and is easy to carry (and was inexpensive!)

First and Third editions of the Bohemian Gothic. First ed is my fav, but really like Third as well. The cardstock from the second was cool, but too hard for me to shuffle and I like images in First and Third more.

The Vampire Tarot by Robert Place I love his style and how he defined each card. (and the book that went with it was pretty good as well). He had an interesting perspective on this deck and I think it's an easy reader.

Camoin-Jodorowsky Marseilles Out of all the Marseilles decks, something about this one, colors, lines, the way they put this deck together, I really love it.

Morgan Greer because of how the images pop, it's really in your face, borderless and like the colors.

The Tarot of the Old Path because it has a very nature feel to me

Visconti Sforza because it is part of history (OK, I have the blingy, LoS one that was redone so it isn't an exact copy of an original that looks old, but I still love it)

kell

I also have preferences based upon season, mood and the types of readings/queries. The decks that are perennially my faves (and I say this prematurely, b/c some I haven't had a year yet!) are:
1. Chrysalis
2. Vampyres
3. Medieval Chihuahua Tarot (yes, looking at cute dogs elevates my vibration and makes it easier for me to get in tune. I make no apologies:) )
4. Victorian Romantic
5. Shadowscapes
6. Housewives

And, if I can ever someday get my hands on it, I feel MRP Fantastic Menagerie would be my dream-come-true tarot!

jolie_amethyst

Shadowscapes
Tyldwick
Madame Endora's Fortune Cards

Amusingly, all three are what I'd term "love it or hate it" decks. I rarely seem to see people with relatively neutral opinions on them. And a common complaint about them all is that people find them hard to read.

All three work very well for me as personal decks, but also are terrific partners as tools for the writing I do. Each speaks to me a little differently, but none of them pull their punches if there's something I need to know. And I adore the artwork on them all.

(I also use the Druid Animal & Plant oracles daily, and get good insights from them, but they're only readable for me if I'm using the books. That makes them less useful to me.)

Nina*

My Have to Have Decks:

1. Original Rider Waite; in spite of owning so many decks - and many extremely beautiful ones too - this is still The One.
2. Japaridze; I've fallen hard for this one.
3. Magical Forest; always loved it to bits and I'm also lucky enough to have the original edition.
4. Wild Green Chagallian; which IS the most beautiful one.
5. Dirty Tarot; which isn't really tarot, but fabulous anyway.
6. Dodal Marseilles; the very best TdM in my opinion.
7. Tarot of the Origin; can't really read it yet, but some day I will and it will be amazing - I just know that.
8. Crowley's Thoth; the one that started it all for me.

Yep.... I could do with only these. If I had to.

But I don't. :D

rylla

There are many art styles that I like. Or decks that I simply like, whatever the reason. So I guess my have to have decks would be over 30 even if I'd apply my most strict criteria. Really, too many to list.
I get bored easily, so having only 2-3 decks would never do the job for me.

Sulis

The Wild Unknown Tarot,
The Hoi Polloi Tarot
The CBD Tarot de Marseille

seedcake

There are many art styles that I like. Or decks that I simply like, whatever the reason. So I guess my have to have decks would be over 30 even if I'd apply my most strict criteria. Really, too many to list.
I get bored easily, so having only 2-3 decks would never do the job for me.

I have the same. I can't use one deck too long 'cause I get tired of it. I must make changes. I have decks which have my favourite themes and so on. When it's working only for myself - all my fairy decks and Nicoletta Ceccoli; for other people - TdMs and few more. Nah, I can't make a list of few anyway.