Can&#39t Find ANY Deck

lilmystic

Hi everyone! I've been into tarot for about three years, but I've only gotten serious about it now. I have been on the lookout for "my" deck, but I've never been able to find it. I've tried the Stone Tarot, Art Nouveau (castelli), secret, thoth (somewhat intimidating to me), rws, robin wood, and basic, but I've never been able to really find the right fit. Does anyone have any suggestions? Out of the bunch STone is my favorite. I'm looking for something that isn't too dark, nor too sweet. I don't really go for digital images, overly ethnic decks, or rws clones. Any suggestions?

Osher

Have you tried some of the review sites ? www.wicce.com is excellent. Trying to say what packs are suitable is very difficult. We are all individuals, and even sometimes we even like 'unsuitable' packs. However, if you can post some more clues as to what you are looking for, I'm sure we could assist you. Good luck !

lilmystic

Hi! Oh, believe me, I've gone to almost EVERY review site on the web. Seriously. It's getting kind of hopeless. The problem is precisely that I don't have a clear idea of what I'm looking for--I'm sort of hoping that I'll have some kind of "click" when I find the deck. :)

Solandia

Take a look through the decks on Aeclectic Tarot. There are images of over 300 different decks.. you may find some images that click with you..

Aeclectic Tarot - Complete List of Decks
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/list.html

~ Solandia

jmd

I'll support Solandia... take a good and long and slow look through

Quote:Aeclectic Tarot - Complete List of Decks

If you like a more traditional deck... I'll put my personal preference forward: have a look at the deck

Evelyn

I am new to t his forum but in response to tarot decs ... I have 5 and i use them all ..I really like the fact that i can go to each pac for diff reasons ... I first started with rider waite then i got the Morgan Greer progressed to the ancient Italian dec and Thoth dec then i got the angel cards and the fairy cards given to me ... Phew !!!
They all have a life of there own and all when used come up with the correct information ... Sometimes gobsmacks me off my perch !
Oh by the ways is there a chat room that one can go to that is local Australian....????

fairyhedgehog

Hi lilmystic,

I find myself wondering what it is you don't like about the decks you have, or that you want from them but aren't getting?

Do you want to do readings or use the cards for meditation and in what way don't your current decks work for that?

There is so much choice it can be really hard to choose, and some decks that look great online just don't work 'in the flesh' and vice versa. I hope you find a deck you really like soon.

All the best,

FH

Melvis

My personal recommendation is the Osho Zen Tarot. There are keywords on the cards and I think the artwork is fabulous...not too fluffy, not too dark.

Peace,

Melvis

lilmystic

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your help; it's verry verry encouraging. That deck'll find me someday...:)
cheers!

purplelady

lilmystic, if you give us your astrological sign , maybe I or someone else can intuit what deck(s) you may like!