Can inner child be root of depression/anxiety/low self esteem?

Anna

It sounds to me as though you really need someone to talk all of this through with, properly. Someone who will help you to find the answers you are looking for, to work out what you want your life to be like and to help you find ways to achieve it.

You come across in your posts as someone who is very unhappy, but does not understand what is really wrong at the root of it all. It's like you are grasping at all sorts of different theories and idea, but none of them are really making much of a difference This must be so frustrating, and I can only imagine how much this frustration is contributing to your unhappiness and depression. We can all give suggestions, advice, empathy and compassion, share our own experiences and try to offer support.... but ultimately, the only person who can change this for you is you. It HAS to come from within.

But you don't have to do it by yourself. I am not sure if you have a therapist at the moment. If you do, are they helping? Are they the right person to work with? Getting a good "fit" with a therapist is the key to the therapy working. Don't be afraid to keep changing therapist until you get the one that is right for you.

Have you considered going to support groups? Peer support with people going through the same issues can be so helpful, because you realise that you aren't alone and you get to hear how other people manage the same problems you have.

I just think that perhaps a bit of support from the right people would help a lot.

CelestialHorse

Thanks for understanding, I really don't know what's wrong with me. I know the tools, and everything. I don't have a therapist but I moved out of the city where I had a good one :/ (I'm an hour and a half away). I had tried one where I am and I just don't feel we click. I am suspecting my medicines isn't working. Actually come to think of it they don't really work in the long run sadly. :/

Anna

Thanks for understanding, I really don't know what's wrong with me. I know the tools, and everything. I don't have a therapist but I moved out of the city where I had a good one :/ (I'm an hour and a half away). I had tried one where I am and I just don't feel we click. I am suspecting my medicines isn't working. Actually come to think of it they don't really work in the long run sadly. :/

Are there any other therapists in your area? Try them all if you have too!!!

What about support groups? Do you have a Depression Anonymous or anything like that where you live?

Do you have any organisations set up to provide advice and information to people, who could point you in the right direction?

Is there anything on this site that looks useful?
http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/go/find_support_group

Other things that may be of support are the likes of meditation, yoga or any sort of alternative healing type stuff. Might be worth trying some different things out and seeing what works.

CelestialHorse

Trying to find a new therapist :)

I don't know of any support groups or anything but thanks for the link! :)

I do need to get into meditation and yoga more.

re-pete-a

Another angle that not many would consider is to get back to your version of a religion.

I'm sure you could see that to spend a couple of minutes a day in reconnecting to it would eventually turn the reconnection situation into something else over time..

Basically losing faith in anything could be the root of your problem.

Lets paint a verbal picture.

a distancing ...feeling rejected...meloncholy... loveless self ...loveless world ......lovelessness.

Hence the suggestion to get back to the very basics...self acceptance.

Whatever you feel woud bridge the gap is worth a try.

re-pete-a

Look at whats happening here on this Tarot site.

Your in a place that is willing to assist .You feel a little more connected ..Yes?

Your feeling ok here while your sharing with us...

You feel and know that ,YOUR SAFE HERE.

squeakmo9

Does inner child impact you?
It certainly did for me and to a certain extent, still does. I really had some serious self-loathing problems as an adult which resulted from early childhood experiences which I could not make sense of. When you are very young, unless there is someone older to speak with and guide you, it's virtually impossible to reconcile and find peace with certain painful, heartbreaking events in life. So troubles seem to persist as the years would pass. Conflicts would arise in different areas of my life causing me to ask lots and lots of questions. So I would search for answers, always. It was almost as if I was compelled to find answers to my misery. There were moments of crisis where I had to be placed on anti-depressents and like you, found it could only help for so long. My path, up to the present, has involved meditation, prayer, yoga, tarot, A Course in Miracles, numerology, astrology, I-Ching, exercise, affirmations, oh and yes-The Secret (in the supermarket aisle-LOL). These are the things that have led me along my path. Now what worked for me may not work for you, but keep searching, keep asking questions. For certain you are 'on path', on your own unique road to healing. Thing is, be gentle and patient with yourself. It may take some time to put some of the pieces back together. For me, now, I find these past experiences to be enriching because they have brought me back to an ability to trust again and to open my heart much like a kid again. Its not like that goodness/innocence is lost forever, it's just covered up by a bunch of crap that must be cleaned up one layer at a time. I wish you well on your journey, CelestialHorse!

CelestialHorse

Another angle that not many would consider is to get back to your version of a religion.

I'm sure you could see that to spend a couple of minutes a day in reconnecting to it would eventually turn the reconnection situation into something else over time..

Basically losing faith in anything could be the root of your problem.

Lets paint a verbal picture.

a distancing ...feeling rejected...meloncholy... loveless self ...loveless world ......lovelessness.

Hence the suggestion to get back to the very basics...self acceptance.

Whatever you feel woud bridge the gap is worth a try.

That may work. I like the idea of spirituality :) Self acceptance is what I need more too heh. I did finish reading a self esteem book. Some good tips in there.

CelestialHorse

Look at whats happening here on this Tarot site.

Your in a place that is willing to assist .You feel a little more connected ..Yes?

Your feeling ok here while your sharing with us...

You feel and know that ,YOUR SAFE HERE.

Amen! :)

re-pete-a

That may work. I like the idea of spirituality :) Self acceptance is what I need more too heh. I did finish reading a self esteem book. Some good tips in there.

Self acceptance is not something you need or can track down...it's what happens along the way.

You will find your happy safe place...your already on your way with well wishers from here to cheer you on your way.