Contentment...for free

re-pete-a

adding some spice....

I know I'm mad...

I accept that I'm full of S%$#T..

I accept and encourage being "out of mind"

It's been freely accepted that I'm a nobody .

It's also accepted that there's, Nothing one has to do. Nowhere one needs to be...Nothing one needs to become...Nothing can be added ...We're all born ...perfect...

Until we choose something. One part want's something...the other requires nothing...Separation begins... Discontent is born...

Losing definitions can welcome contentment back...Until the animal roars again...

re-pete-a

. Knowledge of these states perhaps is possible, as visions, through magick, or deep meditative states. Ultimately, though, a mosquito will bite you, and you will be moved to scratch it.

Of course, it could be said that even that is a joyful experience, since it is an experience, but I have yet to meet someone like that. It is a good ideal to strive for, though.

There have been very deep meditative states ...That mozzie(mosquito) could have invited all of her relatives and the meditator would have been none the wiser..

re-pete-a

adding some spice....

I know I'm mad...

I accept that I'm full of S%$#T..

I accept and encourage being "out of mind"

It's been freely accepted that I'm a nobody .

It's also accepted that there's, Nothing one has to do. Nowhere one needs to be...Nothing one needs to become...Nothing can be added ...We're all born ...perfect...

Until we choose something. One part want's something...the other requires nothing...Separation begins... Discontent is born...

Losing definitions can welcome contentment back...Until the animal roars again...

All of these are definitions...made from nothing...illusions....hot air....

...Nothingness...definition less....Mental silence ....

The crowned one

Indicates ego. Self-aware.

ravenest

"The way of Zen is no mind. It is not to not use your mind it is to use your mind as no mind. Then it functions as proper mind. The way of no self It is not to have no self but use your self as no self. Then it will function as proper self. The ego self that is aware can point at the real self but the ego which claims it is no self can not find the real self."

re-pete-a

Almost, TCO...

That Ego cannot exist in true silence...It becomes displaced...it becomes subjective...to...

The ME abandoned(ego)...the noise maker...Animal mind...the survival instinct... abandoned...The mirrors of the mind space...stilled...reflected ME situations that always require the illusions of noises,controls,survival of itself...ME, above all things....fears..stilled.

Then something else happens...

But first the quiet heart...No intelligence ,no intellectual, no logic, no expectations can ever enter this domain...'Persephone', the all's soul .

The best that these can hope to reach is the 'Observer'...The dream watcher,EGO.

(Egyptian)The Cerberus,dog guardian with three heads, one for each level of existence...the soul devourer("Whoofie" of the Harry Potter series..(Ego)quietened, put to sleep by music...)...

In the afterworld ,Isis weighs the heart bought to her by Osirus...The Asp in her hand sees through to the true heart...The feathers weight, against, the burdened hearts weight...(Fears ,desires,Ego's, etc) ...Cerberus awaits the decision...attack, or, let pass...Personal hells or acceptance ....

The snake's head on the Pharaohs head dress...The third eye...

This has all been around for a very long time...But like all good information...is useless until after the experience....

Silence of the mind is the first requirement...OR...changing the focus of the eye's...training them to look inwards, to the spirit, instead of outwards into ego land...

The fast track is to lose your hearts attachments, forceably..Hatred or acceptance ensues..look in, look out...Most look outside...yet all are offered a key.

re-pete-a

"The way of Zen is no mind. It is not to not use your mind it is to use your mind as no mind. Then it functions as proper mind. The way of no self It is not to have no self but use your self as no self. Then it will function as proper self. The ego self that is aware can point at the real self but the ego which claims it is no self can not find the real self."

There is another way to view information....

If it's for physical gains it is from the Ego...for the ego's value systems.. control.It's head work.

If it's spiritual food ...it has no value physically...only to the heart.

One demands controls...Conditions.

The other requires surrender...conditionless

Milfoil

There is another way to view information....

If it's for physical gains it is from the Ego...for the ego's value systems.. control.It's head work.

If it's spiritual food ...it has no value physically...only to the heart.

One demands controls...Conditions.

The other requires surrender...conditionless

Yes but this is only the very first step. The Zen or Buddhist understanding takes this surrender much further, to the place where the no mind or nothingness simply observes. This very fact, that the no mind can still observe is a profound realisation and experience. The ramifications of which go way beyond the self . . . . or indeed the material world.

ravenest

Indeed Milfoil! I think that is why the symbol of water is used so much for an image of the reflected, still 'no-mind'. When the surface is still the water is not seen ('no-mind'), just the reflections upon its surface. The mind cannot observe 'spiritual reality' , it can only reflect it. The disturbed mind does not create a still surface (it is effected by the currents beneath if they are not stilled; here we have the water ... the deep waters not the surface, as a symbol of the emotional body. Obstacles in the emotional body cause disturbance, as do the movements of the 'monsters of the deep'. Still water runs deep, as they say).

A calm reflective 'no mind', still only comprehends a reflection of reality yet;

" MISTAKES OF MYSTICS

I. Since truth is supra-rational, it is incommunicable in the language of reason.

II. Hence all mystics have written nonsense, and what sense they have written is so far untrue.

III. Yet as a still lake yields a truer reflection of the sun than a torrent, he whose mind is best balanced will, if he become a mystic, become the best mystic.

THE METHOD OF EQUILIBRIUM

I. THE PASSIONS, ETC.

I. Since the ultimate truth of teleology is unknown, all codes of morality are arbitrary.

II. Therefore the student has no concern with ethics as such.

III. He is consequently free 'to do his duty in that state of life to which it has pleased God to call him.'

II. THE REASON

I. Since truth is supra-rational, any rational statement is false.

II. Let the student than contradict every proposition that presents itself to him. {197}

III. Rational ideas being thus expelled from the mind, there is room for the apprehension of spiritual truth.

It should be remarked that this does not destroy the validity of reasonings on their own plane.
{Liber Librae}

It should be remarked that this does not destroy the validity of reasonings on their own plane.

(I felt to draw attention to that again.)

re-pete-a

Yes but this is only the very first step. The Zen or Buddhist understanding takes this surrender much further, to the place where the no mind or nothingness simply observes. This very fact, that the no mind can still observe is a profound realisation and experience. The ramifications of which go way beyond the self . . . . or indeed the material world.

Yes Milfoil...I do agree..

This is the "Observer" spoken of in a previous post...It's the Ego.There is another step that goes deeper...I'm not sure if one can stay or linger there...At least not while the Ego is attached, in my understandings and experiences.