Osho Zen & Tarot of Gem Stones& Crystals...

Li

Hi I am new here.
Hello - great to be part of a crowd! Does anyone have these decks?
I am starting to get hooked and I love it - just fancied a chat!
Love Li ~:O)

Scorpion

Hi, Li - second attempt, lost the first one in the ether!

Good to see you here! A question on decks will always get a good response.

I'm a particular fan of the Osho Zen (as anybody who's read my posts will have alredy noticed!). I do use mine for reading for others, although I know some people feel it's only suitable for personal readings. However, I find it invaluable for very quick readings as it enables me to get straight to the heart of things - particularly useful if I'm problem-solving in my lunchbreak!

I take it you've got both these decks? If not, I'd definitely recommend the Osho.

Jewel

Hi Li and welcome to Aeclectic!! Of the decks you posted the only one I have and have worked with is the Osho-Zen ... a fabulous deck although it is not a traditional deck. Beautiful colors and art, intuitive, one of my favorites. If you will set to retrieve posts for 90 days you will probably find a great discussion we had about this deck.

Do you have all 3 decks you listed? if yes ... could share about the other other two?

Love & Light,

faunabay

Jewel,
The Gemstones and Crystals is one deck I think. I've looked at it before and as much as I LOVE crystals and stones I can't get into this deck. I think with me I would rather have the real thing than a picture of it. LOL
It's a deck that has pictures of different stones on each card which match the meanings. ?? Again I don't have it so don't know exactly how it works.

Li

Hi faunabay ! Yes I am like you - I love crystals and stones - I think I would liKE it - ANY EXCUSE TO READ ABOUT THE MEANING OF CRYSTALS !!! - I have SO many books now - I like to compare what they say & make up my own mind! I guess I was hoping someone would tell me that the deck is fantastic - so I had an excuse to get into MORE debt to crystals !!!!! Now I have found a reason to justify buying them I have gone CRAZY - I am a learner but have great faith and am almost COMPLEATLY addicted! Since I was small I have had huge urges to collect stones ...smash all the stones in the garden to find the jewles inside! etc! ;O) - great to hear from you all and thanks for the company! xxx

Li

Hi LouiQ - Good to talk to you!
We have bad luck as my reply to you got lost I forgot to press send after seeing the preview & then got paronoid & posted my next message twice _ SORRY!!!!!
I have neither of the decks - I am thyinking about it though! THe Osho- Zen one looks great - very inspiring - it seems to radiate purity somehow! I was wondering if decks that do not follow the so called 'norm' or most acknowledged system are as 'valid'. I mean the 'Raider Wait' deck & the 'Robin Wood' seem to be held high by most - is there a real reason for this?- I mean do they provide a higher quality reading?- I know this might sound like a daft question - but I am confused to how such different decks can be all doing the 'same' thing . THANKS and I hope that made sense! OH, and I have had 'The Acient Egyption Tarot' and the 'Servants of the Light' Tarot for 6 years now and am now starting to feel 'drawn' to the tarot and feel I need a new deck to explore!

silvereye

I have Osho Zen Tarot and it is simply wonderful. Although it's a bit too expensive (I'm living in Hong Kong so all the decks are like triple the price in US dollars here), I still think it's worth it. However, it's not so suitable for divination, it's more like a tool for self improvement.

kayne

I just got the Osho Zen Deck and wow - after just flicking through it, it looks fantastic! Can't wait to learn more...

rostie

i got the osho zen tarot for a few weeks now and it is just fantastic, it just feels so right for me. i can understand the cards immediatly and remember them without any effort, and they are beautifull. they let me relax, put everything in his context, they are simply fantastic!

Jewel

Quote:Li (30 Jan, 2002 09:24):
Hi LouiQ - Good to talk to you!
We have bad luck as my reply to you got lost I forgot to press send after seeing the preview & then got paronoid & posted my next message twice _ SORRY!!!!!
I have neither of the decks - I am thyinking about it though! THe Osho- Zen one looks great - very inspiring - it seems to radiate purity somehow! I was wondering if decks that do not follow the so called 'norm' or most acknowledged system are as 'valid'. I mean the 'Raider Wait' deck & the 'Robin Wood' seem to be held high by most - is there a real reason for this?- I mean do they provide a higher quality reading?- I know this might sound like a daft question - but I am confused to how such different decks can be all doing the 'same' thing . THANKS and I hope that made sense! OH, and I have had 'The Acient Egyption Tarot' and the 'Servants of the Light' Tarot for 6 years now and am now starting to feel 'drawn' to the tarot and feel I need a new deck to explore!

Hi again Li,
In my opinion, just because a deck does not follow the more traditional decks does not make it any less valid. Personally I love the Osho-Zen to be honest I am starting to see how it does reflect many of the same concepts as the more traditional decks but from a different point of view ... this is one of the things I love about the deck ... a fresh perspective.

The reason you see so much posted here about the 'Raider Waite' and the 'Robin Wood' is because many of the books on Tarot use the Raider Wait images in their explanations so often times we are drawn to Raider Waite style decks. There are also big fans of the Thoth deck and of the Marseilles deck. These 3 seem (to me) to be the 3 "classical" (for lack of a better word) decks, and served as models by which other decks have been made.

The bottom line, in my opinion, is that if you find a deck that speaks to you, and you connect with it then you have the right deck for you regardless of whether it is 'tradional' or not. What is important is that it is yours and you love it!

Love & Light,