PALLADINI

Pollux

Ok, I know you're thinking I'm mad.
The point is I'm getting obsessed with these decks. And I'm unsure, as I've read off-puitting reviews on Web, and have not much to spend away!

I want suggestions about these decks: there must be someone at least owning them!
I was initially oriented towards the NP, but now I feel i'd rather buy the Acquarian: maybe because of the card back!
And also because I'm crazy for the system of titling of the cards in the Acquarian! SO INSPIRING!
Yet, NewPalladini is so much nicer in look (that Chariot, and that Moon, WOW!).

PLEASE HELP ME!
I WANT ONE OF THEM NOW! >(

P.S. otherwise, help me find another similar...
After all, it's the third (fifth, but two I never used) I buy! I want it to be special!
Even because I'm starting readings for others!

glamourbug

I have the new palladini deck as i found it more appealing than the aquarian one by the same person.

I absolutely love the palladini and dont regret buying it for a second. I have read about a lot of other people who love this deck too and don't remember seeing a bad review about it.

Lisa

rostie

i own the new palladini and i love it. it's beautifull! i like the aquarian to but i think the new is more vibrant more alive more real, the aq is more flat. i don't know if it will speak as much as the new one. but they are both beautifull. of the new i love the strength-card. (also the devil is special, chariot and temperance are beautifull).

with love,

rostie.

Geenius at Wrok

Counterpoint! Between the two, I'd choose the Aquarian. Yes, the style (especially in its typography) is very 1970s, which is not a compliment in my book, and the faces are ghostly and flat. But, quite frankly, I'd rather have the ghostly, flat faces of the Aquarian than the rampant misproportion of the New Palladini. And while the New Palladini is indisputably more colorful, I don't think the colors are always chosen well, either to go with each other or to heighten the deck's realism or mood. If I knew nothing of the history of graphic design and saw these two decks placed next to each other for the first time, I would have guessed that the New Palladini was the beginner's effort and the Aquarian was the work of the more developed artist.

Talisman

'Lo all,

Agree with Geenius: "If I knew nothing of the history of graphic design and saw these two decks placed next to each other for the first time, I would have guessed that the New Palladini was the beginner's effort and the Aquarian was the work of the more developed artist. "

I'm prejudiced here. The Aquarian was my first deck, acquired in that dim and distant past when few decks were readily available. For years and years, it was my only deck. In its muted, melancholy colors it is a moonlight deck.

Talisman

Pollux

Yaeh, I think I had made up my mind quite a long ago, but still wanted some pushing (or someone to blame it on!).
I'm going for the Acquarian, I believe!
Alida!!!! Where've you gone? ;)

If anyone has to praise the NewPalladini...
PLEASE DO IT NOW! :(

Jewel

I say get them both *LOL*

Pollux

Quote:Jewel (30 Jan, 2002 04:40):
I say get them both *LOL*

I say You give me the money! :D *lol*
The problem is not mine, after all.
I have to order them at Alida, and I don't feel like...
I will do that first time, so I'm quite unsure!

faunabay

I have never ordered from alida but have heard very good things. I think tarotbear has ordered from them quite often. He usually tells people to try them if they can't find a deck. So I think you'll be fine. :) And if you remember tarotbear is the Voice Of God :eek: so of course he knows what he's talking about. LOL

Sulis

Hi
Just thought I`d ressurect this topic. I agree with Jewel and think that you should probably get both: I`ve just got the New Palladini and it`s gorgeous. I`m a beginner and so wanted a deck with Rider-Waite style imagery but with nicer artwork. I think I`ve just found the perfect tarot cards for me.
Brightest Blessings
Crystalmynx xx