the worst deck you've purchased

nicky

Wizards tarot and original mythic tarot. Luckily, I was able to return the wizards one

Dear Gods yes - I got it as a gift and it will leave as a gift

magicjack

I've been trying to "connect" with the Connelly Tarot for months. I have spent a lot of time with it but something is just not clicking with this deck. I haven't totally given up on it yet but something isn't working.

danieljuk

Nora's Gypsy Palace Tarot. I feel so sad for submitting it to this because the artwork is stunning! her creativity and personality spill on to every card but I have no connection to it. It was the first deck I bought that was not a RWS or RWS clone and I panicked when I started to use it. I cannot understand the message on any card.

It's not my worst because they are lazy or ugly or to do with the art but no connection! there was a thread about it on here about it and everyone was having the same problem. without her guidance and keywords its impossible to understand the message of each card, it's just too uniquely her! She didn't release her deck with any LWB at all and had to make youtube videos to explain the cards. Still you need keywords at least. What is her aim in each card? you can see them here - http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/gypsy-palace/

For art it's amazing, for tarot it's awful! but some people have hinted she edited her artworks into tarot cards and I suspect that is why it doesn't really work. They might not have been made for tarot. If she sells a book to go with it I would get it but it's better to frame all the cards on a wall to look beautiful! worst purchase so far for tarot usage :(

Laura Borealis

The Dollar Tree tarot. There was just nothing there. Nothing at all.

At least it was cheap! I passed it along to someone else - as a mere curiosity of course.

Chiska

The Dollar Tree tarot. There was just nothing there. Nothing at all.

At least it was cheap! I passed it along to someone else - as a mere curiosity of course.

I must say I didn't have any expectations for that particular deck, and I wasn't disappointed. ;)

But I was SO sure, I mean absolutely, positively, most assuredly sure that I would connect with the Celtic Tarots and that we would be BFF. I was half right! It was a horrible blow and I tried so hard to love it. But I would find myself picking out the majors and leaving the minors in the box.

GryffinSong

Fascinating artwork. If you'd like to trade it away I'm interested in giving it a go. I'm in the process of putting together a trade list, and we could post in the trade forum. :)

Nora's Gypsy Palace Tarot. I feel so sad for submitting it to this because the artwork is stunning! her creativity and personality spill on to every card but I have no connection to it. It was the first deck I bought that was not a RWS or RWS clone and I panicked when I started to use it. I cannot understand the message on any card.

It's not my worst because they are lazy or ugly or to do with the art but no connection! there was a thread about it on here about it and everyone was having the same problem. without her guidance and keywords its impossible to understand the message of each card, it's just too uniquely her! She didn't release her deck with any LWB at all and had to make youtube videos to explain the cards. Still you need keywords at least. What is her aim in each card? you can see them here - http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/gypsy-palace/

For art it's amazing, for tarot it's awful! but some people have hinted she edited her artworks into tarot cards and I suspect that is why it doesn't really work. They might not have been made for tarot. If she sells a book to go with it I would get it but it's better to frame all the cards on a wall to look beautiful! worst purchase so far for tarot usage :(

Laura Borealis

I must say I didn't have any expectations for that particular deck, and I wasn't disappointed. ;)

True, but she asked about the deck we felt least connected to. :)

I thought about mentioning another small, inexpensive deck that I didn't like or connect to, but every time I bring it up, someone pops up to defend it. I think I have hurt their feelings, so I decided I'm not going to talk about it anymore.

But I was SO sure, I mean absolutely, positively, most assuredly sure that I would connect with the Celtic Tarots and that we would be BFF. I was half right! It was a horrible blow and I tried so hard to love it. But I would find myself picking out the majors and leaving the minors in the box.

That one does sound very disappointing. (((( Chiska ))))

Corvinesque

A couple come to mind for me, that were definite mistakes:

1. Sacred Circle- I learned from this deck that images of real people are a no go for me- it is distracting to me, and the glaring CGI made it all feel so synthetic to me.

2. Celtic Wisdom- a gorgeous deck, full of wonderful mythology, and the book is a work of art itself... but this was my first deck, and pretty close to impossible to learn as a newbie.